ADVERTISEMENT

How much time will our second team quarterback get?

manwithoutahome

Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2017
I'm going with Garrett Greene as the starter but what does that mean for Nicco and how much time he gets? You have to think Neal will use both of them ont the field at the same time when we move Greene around.

Reactions: lenny4wvu
I'm going with Garrett Greene as the starter but what does that mean for Nicco and how much time he gets? You have to think Neal will use both of them ont the field at the same time when we move Greene around.
You'd have to think that the nominal starter will be on a short leash with Brown's job on the line. I could see multiple in-game changes, which would not be conducive to continued development for Greene or Marchiol. This is where we are.

Whoever is the starter, ride them out until season is a dead in the water. Switching QB's doesn't help anything. He rode Doege for a long, LONG time.

I think both will get a lot of time due to their physical style of play. Would not be surprised to see a third Qb get plays. I also expect to see some brutal games.

Your biggest concern should be whether we can reach the end of the season with one of them healthy. I don't know how closely you have been watching, but Greene is a little small and he gets banged up when he runs the FB. Nicco will play a good bit. Count on it.

And, who do we have after those two? A very green and unknown freshman. So, we are too way too thin at QB, especially in a year when we will need our QB to run the FB.

Reactions: GhostofGraves
You need to hope the 2nd team quarterback has limited snaps, or doing mopup duty. When you have to play two quarterbacks significant time, it usually means you have no quarterback.

See RR during his awful stint at Michigan.

Kneel Clown will decide to bring in a grad transfer qb...some former backup at a MAC school. Kneel goes full air raid while Greene and Nicco both walk.

You need to hope the 2nd team quarterback has limited snaps, or doing mopup duty. When you have to play two quarterbacks significant time, it usually means you have no quarterback.

See RR during his awful stint at Michigan.
Don Nehlen 1993 2 QB system 11-0 regular season.

Should always have 2 QB's ready. With the aggressive play of Garret Greene injury is bound to happen.

You'd have to think that the nominal starter will be on a short leash with Brown's job on the line. I could see multiple in-game changes, which would not be conducive to continued development for Greene or Marchiol. This is where we are.
Who said Brown's job was on the line?

Don Nehlen 1993 2 QB system 11-0 regular season.

Should always have 2 QB's ready. With the aggressive play of Garret Greene injury is bound to happen.
That 1993 example isn't exactly a "2 QB system". Studstill didn't play in every game, mostly playing in mop up role and when Jake was banged up.

Eastern Michigan - DNP
Maryland - DNP
Missouri - 1 carry and 1 completion (blowout win)
VT - DNP
Lou - 1 carry and 3 completions
Pitt - 3 carry and 4 completions (Blowout win)
Syr - 5 carry and 1 completion (Blowout win)
Rut - 1 carry and 11 completions (Blowout win)
Tem = 3 carry and 17 completions (Jake injured DNP; Blowout win)
Mia - 2 carry and 1 completion
BC - 5 carry and 7 completions
Fla - 4 carry and 3 completions

I read that they like the young player Boyle. Maybe he gets snaps too if they have trouble with injuries.

That 1993 example isn't exactly a "2 QB system". Studstill didn't play in every game, mostly playing in mop up role and when Jake was banged up.

Eastern Michigan - DNP
Maryland - DNP
Missouri - 1 carry and 1 completion (blowout win)
VT - DNP
Lou - 1 carry and 3 completions
Pitt - 3 carry and 4 completions (Blowout win)
Syr - 5 carry and 1 completion (Blowout win)
Rut - 1 carry and 11 completions (Blowout win)
Tem = 3 carry and 17 completions (Jake injured DNP; Blowout win)
Mia - 2 carry and 1 completion
BC - 5 carry and 7 completions
Fla - 4 carry and 3 completions
And that Florida game when he came in, it went sideways like his helmet did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT