ADVERTISEMENT

How long will a rebuild take?

GetYaNumbersUp

All-Conference
Mar 15, 2013
Annapolis
Assuming Brown is gone after the season (Lyons should be too) how soon can we compete? With the portal rules we should be able to add some pieces quickly due to immediate playing time.

Unfortunately we really don’t have many pieces to build around, especially with Donaldson likely gone. It’s sad that I can’t look at a single position group and say “we’re good there”.

I think the program is at the floor right now. Anyone can win 3-4 games a season at WVU. In that sense, it will not take long to improve.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Assuming Brown is gone after the season (Lyons should be too) how soon can we compete? With the portal rules we should be able to add some pieces quickly due to immediate playing time.

Unfortunately we really don’t have many pieces to build around, especially with Donaldson likely gone. It’s sad that I can’t look at a single position group and say “we’re good there”.
Not nearly as long as it would have in the past, thanks to the portal. That's another reason schools (at least think they) can pull the plug earlier on a coach. Get the right guy in and he can sell some top portal targets on his vision for the program and you're winning quickly. Notice some of the posts here over the last couple of months pointing out how quickly first and second year coaches are winning.

Not nearly as long as it would have in the past, thanks to the portal. That's another reason schools (at least think they) can pull the plug earlier on a coach. Get the right guy in and he can sell some top portal targets on his vision for the program and you're winning quickly. Notice some of the posts here over the last couple of months pointing out how quickly first and second year coaches are winning.
You said the key thing......."Get the right guy"...... which, we do not have.

What do you mean with Donaldson likely gone? I know he's out with injury the rest of the season, but is there any reason to believe he's not going to be at WVU next year?

What do you mean with Donaldson likely gone? I know he's out with injury the rest of the season, but is there any reason to believe he's not going to be at WVU next year?

He’s a freshman who is really good, and will surely get lots of attention from other schools, especially with our program in turmoil.

He’s from FLA, I can easily see one of those schools or an SEC team poaching him. Hopefully he sticks around, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

1 year

He’s a freshman who is really good, and will surely get lots of attention from other schools, especially with our program in turmoil.

He’s from FLA, I can easily see one of those schools or an SEC team poaching him. Hopefully he sticks around, but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Donaldson returns.

To a top 25 program, or just a 7-6, 8-5 kind of program?
10 years for the first, 5 years for the second.

I think we need to hire someone who has a "WOW" factor and holds transfers to minimum and keep recruiting together - I believe DickRod could do that.

Reactions: Rootmaster
91711-D6-D-20-AA-4703-BB9-E-8-F7262208339.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT