ADVERTISEMENT

How do you react to WV insults?

A1eer

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
just curious how anyone else react to people outside our state who feel compelled to play the hillbilly card whenever possible. Long story short, I am golfing at a course near Raleigh called the Neuse, a nice course that I have played many times and spent a lot of money at. Anyway as I was just off the cart path I hit a patch of deep mud which was hidden by the falling leaves, I tried to get it unstuck to no avail. I walk back to the clubhouse and tell the employee the story and ask for another cart to retrieve my bag and play on. The first words out of his mouth were " figures your from West Virginia". Part of me wanted to react defensively and insult him back. However, I just laughed it off and went back out to play. Just curious how anyone else would have reacted in a similar situation? I just don't understand why people outside of West Virginia Are so quick to play the inbred hillbilly card. I'll bet that I make more than three or four times what that guy makes that yet an innocent mistake becomes a chance to insult my heritage.

Reactions: sccolaEER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News