ADVERTISEMENT

How could anyone want him back?

How F'ing old are you?!? :sunglasses:

83 10/12 years. But who's counting. I still climb mountains and beat people 20 years younger in golf. It's not the calendar that counts. It's the spirit in the body.

By the way, there's no correlation between age and intelligence. My age hasn't come up my IQ yet, and probably never will.

Most cultures respect age. Too bad America's doesn't. You're wasting the best experience and brain power.

Now, let's grab that Tiger by the tail and throw it all the way back to Missouri.

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

I enjoyed them as well. RR won one, Stewart won with RR's talent and DH won with Stewart's talent. Just waiting on DH to win one with his own talent.

Bwahahahhhh!!! Stewart's talent?!? His recruiting classes were ABYSMAL!!! Holgy has been rebuilding a disaster... Stewy was a nice guy, bad XO coach and recruiter

For all Danas faults, he isn't making back lot homoerotica and putting it on television. Just play some damned football.

I call BS! Rod couldn't beat a 27 point dog at home with the NC on the line. Stew took THAT team amd beat the crap out of a team many felt was the best in the country at that time. Then Dana took a team Stew couldn't win a BE title with, won a BE title and then won a BCS bowl in record setting fashion. You may want to wipe that Rod juice of your chin bro.
I am not sure where you are going with this, as I am not a RR fan at all. I did not care much for him when he was hired at WVU and I certainly did not care for the way he orchestrated his departuture.

Reactions: WVRON
I am not sure where you are going with this, as I am not a RR fan at all. I did not care much for him when he was hired at WVU and I certainly did not care for the way he orchestrated his departuture.

What did you dislike about him when he was originally hired and which candidate did you prefer at the time?

Who cares what Rich did at Michigan? Who cares what he's doing now? Rich did get AZ to the Fiesta Bowl in 2014 the 1st time AZ has played in a bowl of that caliber since 1994. AZ did finish in the AP top 25 that year which was the 1st time since 1998. You do know that AZ has only had 4 top 25 finishes in its history? Rich did get a contract extension after the 2014 season and I can tell you 1st hand from someone who spends most of the fall and winter out here that his job is not in jeopardy. They just gave him a contact extension. The real question should be why are we discussing this? Is it because his successors have failed to achieve the success he did? Is it because you're insecure about the state of the program? In the end we know what Rich accomplished at Wvu and its better than what Stewart and Holgorson have achieved to date.
I don't care who we hire as long as RR and Calvin stay the hell away from WVU. There are other better candidates.

Hated makes the hater the victim, not the target.

I would welcome Rich back in a heartbeat, even though I thought he was an SOB for what he did and said about WVU after he left Morgantown for Ann Arbor, where he did poorly but was only give 3 years when many here say Dana needs more time to get his mojo going for WVU, even after 5 years. Double standard?

Why would I welcome Rich back?

Rich won the Pac-12 division at Arizona, the only such title in Arizona history. Dana hasn't even finished as high as 3rd in the Big 12, averaging 4-5 in the conference for his 4 years.

Rich came within one game of having WVU play for the national title, but blew the Pitt game against a 4-7 team. On the last WVU play of the game, if Pat White hits his receiver in the end zone (northwest corner), the Mountaineers win the game, despite Rich's stubbornness.

Rich and Bill Stewart won 69.8% and 70.0% of their games at WVU. Dana is at 55.6%.

I agree that Dana has played a tougher schedule at WVU than Rich and Bill. But the Pac-12 and Big 12 both are Power 5 conferences, so how each did against that competition is a fair comparison.

As noted, Dana never did better than 4th in the Big 12 and averaged a 4-5 conference record.

At the same time Rich won 2 of 3 bowl games for Arizona, was 10-3 and 10-4 after two 8-5 (4-5 in two Pac-12 seasons). He coached the only conference division title team in Arizona history and has the only two 10-victory seasons in Arizona history.

If his name weren't Rich Rodriguez, the haters would say that's impressive. If Dana did, WVU fans would say it was impressive, and it would be, whether it's Rich or Dana.

Rich is 36-17 at Arizona. That is 67.9%, pretty close to his WVU average. Compared to Dana's 55.6% against comparable competition, there's no question which is more impressive.

Cut off your nose to spite your face all you want, but Rich is a better coach by far than Dana, according to the records. Like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton supporters, you don't want to hear facts that don't match your hate meter.
But to date, Rich was better at WVU than Dana, and better in a Power 5 conference than Dana.

I don't care who is coaching WVU if they win and don't violate NCAA rules.
That goes for Dana and Rich and the next guy Lyons finds to coach my alma mater.

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Hated makes the hater the victim, not the target.

I would welcome Rich back in a heartbeat, even though I thought he was an SOB for what he did and said about WVU after he left Morgantown for Ann Arbor, where he did poorly but was only give 3 years when many here say Dana needs more time to get his mojo going for WVU, even after 5 years. Double standard?

Why would I welcome Rich back?

Rich won the Pac-12 division at Arizona, the only such title in Arizona history. Dana hasn't even finished as high as 3rd in the Big 12, averaging 4-5 in the conference for his 4 years.

Rich came within one game of having WVU play for the national title, but blew the Pitt game against a 4-7 team. On the last WVU play of the game, if Pat White hits his receiver in the end zone (northwest corner), the Mountaineers win the game, despite Rich's stubbornness.

Rich and Bill Stewart won 69.8% and 70.0% of their games at WVU. Dana is at 55.6%.

I agree that Dana has played a tougher schedule at WVU than Rich and Bill. But the Pac-12 and Big 12 both are Power 5 conferences, so how each did against that competition is a fair comparison.

As noted, Dana never did better than 4th in the Big 12 and averaged a 4-5 conference record.

At the same time Rich won 2 of 3 bowl games for Arizona, was 10-3 and 10-4 after two 8-5 (4-5 in two Pac-12 seasons). He coached the only conference division title team in Arizona history and has the only two 10-victory seasons in Arizona history.

If his name weren't Rich Rodriguez, the haters would say that's impressive. If Dana did, WVU fans would say it was impressive, and it would be, whether it's Rich or Dana.

Rich is 36-17 at Arizona. That is 67.9%, pretty close to his WVU average. Compared to Dana's 55.6% against comparable competition, there's no question which is more impressive.

Cut off your nose to spite your face all you want, but Rich is a better coach by far than Dana, according to the records. Like Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton supporters, you don't want to hear facts that don't match your hate meter.
But to date, Rich was better at WVU than Dana, and better in a Power 5 conference than Dana.

I don't care who is coaching WVU if they win and don't violate NCAA rules.
That goes for Dana and Rich and the next guy Lyons finds to coach my alma mater.

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor
Even if he made these self absorbed half assed videos while here CFE? What an idiot this guy...

Even if he made these self absorbed half assed videos while here CFE? What an idiot this guy...
Actually, I thought the video was pretty cool, and have posted that before. It's football, not World War III. It's meant to be enjoyed. I thought it was a great video. I wish WVU would come up something as creative. I loved the 125-year video for WVU, too.
Now, let's grab a Tiger by the tail and toss it all the way to Missouri!

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

What did you dislike about him when he was originally hired and which candidate did you prefer at the time?
I truly do not recall all of the candidates at the time. I always thought Nehlen ran a completely clean program and he built our program. I remember thinking at the time that RR was not the same upstanding guy that Nehlen was. Looking back to how he orchestrated his departure and tried to put the blame on everyone else, my initial thoughts on him may have been right.

By the way, I am not even saying he was not the best guy for the job at the time, I am just telling you how I felt. I cannot dispute the fact that he found a way to win at WVU and that is what he got paid to do. The point of my post was that I believe the rumors will continue as long as DH is not doing as well as our fans want the team to do and as long as RR is simply mediocre at AZ.

I truly do not recall all of the candidates at the time. I always thought Nehlen ran a completely clean program and he built our program. I remember thinking at the time that RR was not the same upstanding guy that Nehlen was. Looking back to how he orchestrated his departure and tried to put the blame on everyone else, my initial thoughts on him may have been right.

By the way, I am not even saying he was not the best guy for the job at the time, I am just telling you how I felt. I cannot dispute the fact that he found a way to win at WVU and that is what he got paid to do. The point of my post was that I believe the rumors will continue as long as DH is not doing as well as our fans want the team to do and as long as RR is simply mediocre at AZ.

RR is far from "mediocre" at Arizona. He has the only two 10-win seasons in Arizona history and the only conference division title in Arizona history. That would be like Doc Holliday getting Marshall into a Power 5 conference and winning a conference division title. It's huge!
It would be almost like ANY WVU coach getting WVU into the national playoffs, although Don and Rich and Doc Spears did something pretty close to that.

33-20 at Arizona...makes me laugh.

2015 - 7-6 (3-6) OOC - UTSA, Nevada, N.Arizona (oh my, padded OOC so he could win)

2014 - 10-4 (7-2) OOC - UNLV, UTSA, Nevada (another padded OOC)

2013 - 8-5 (4-5) OOC - N.Arizona, UTSA, UNLV (continues to pad the sched.)

2012 - 8-5 (4-5) - OOC - Toledo (took OT to win) Oklahoma St. S,Carolina State (decent OOC)

PAC 12 won / loss - 18 - 18...see a pattern here. easy OOC schedule (12-0) Easy bowl teams - 3-1 in mediocre bowls. 0-1 in championship games. 15 wins came against weak teams. Not impressed.

2012 Gildan New Mexico Bowl - Nevada 49-48 W
2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl - Boston College 42-19 W
2014 VIZIO FIESTA BOWL - Boise State 30 - 38 L (got caught with decent bowl team)
2015 GILDAN NEW MEXICO BOWL - 48-37 W

Actually, I thought the video was pretty cool, and have posted that before. It's football, not World War III. It's meant to be enjoyed. I thought it was a great video. I wish WVU would come up something as creative. I loved the 125-year video for WVU, too.
Now, let's grab a Tiger by the tail and toss it all the way to Missouri!

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor
Agreed the 125 yr video was great...and yes...Massacre Missouri!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT