ADVERTISEMENT

How could anyone want him back?

That's more than a bit homoerotic. No way I'm hitting play.

It reminds of the epic line in "Airplane", "Tell me, Billy. Do you like gladiator movies?"

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan

giphy.gif

Reactions: pressvirginia

It reminds of the epic line in "Airplane", "Tell me, Billy. Do you like gladiator movies?"

I should have followed your lead & not watched. Disturbing & weird is an understatement.

it's all about drod, nothing more nothing less. Do any other college teams put out these lame videos? I wonder if other coaches use these stupid videos against him when recruiting? egomaniac for sure

I'll admit I watched. It is like a car wreck, you have to see the carnage, the stupidity, the embarrassment..

A couple of thoughts:

1. When you are using highlights from as far as 3 seasons back to promote this coming season, you know it can't be going good.
2. When you have Dusty Rutlidge dressed in a toga, it can't be going good either. I guess The other coaches said "we are still getting teased about the ridiculous cowboy video and that James Bond parody. No way we are looking that dumb 3 years in a row. This must be why Casteel & Co left"
3. When you are showing parodies of movies like Gladiator dressed like Sparticus, and your mascot is a wildcat (or a bear), it's officially bottomed out. I can't believe the players would allow themselves to be photographed like that. It is like disco. It's not a good look ever.

Other than an adult flick from Dick and Magda, I don't think they can get anymore Kardashian style. And to answer the original question, not even or ever..

Life.................yes...............it's all about Rich Rod. Can you believe the $$$ this guy makes? Are we (the sports fans) that stupid? I'll answer that. YES!

Replying to the headline by the OP, I was much happier with Rich's record at WVU than I am now.

Let's look at the record:
I was happier with Bill Stewart.
I was happier with Rich.
I was happier with Don.
I was happier with Bobby Bowden.
I was happier with Jim Carlen.
I was happier with Art "Pappy" Lewis.
See, I LIKE WVU coaches who win.

I'll be at the Missouri game, as I am for every Mountaineer Field contest, cheering for my alma mater. I hope Dana goes 3-0 and does a LOT better than his 4-5 average in Big 12 play.

I like every WVU coach who's a winner.

As for the video, I think it's super cool. If WVU had done that, the Rich haters would be having orgasms over it. It's creative. It's a marvelous video.

Hate leaves scars on your soul, and does nothing for your target. I thought Christ taught you better than that.

M assacre Missouri

O bliterate Youngstown

U nnerve BYU

N euter Kansas State

T rample Texas Tech

A nnihilate TCU

I mpale Oklahoma State

N ail Kansas

E radicate Texas

E rectile dysfunction Oklahoma

R oll over Iowa State

S uffocate Baylor

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
:smiley: Great line! You made my day. Pappy was fun to have around, though. Nothing sophisticated about him. Part of the reason I loved him. Sam Huff helped, too.
Pappy was a great great recruiter but not much of an xs and os coach or a disciplinarian. He pretty much let his players do as they pleased before the Sugar Bowl loss to Georgia Tech.

1. When you are using highlights from as far as 3 seasons back to promote this coming season, you know it can't be going good.

Who cares how long the highlights go back. I saw a promotional video for Alabama a couple of years ago showing Nick holding the crystal ball. It also contained footage of the Bear. I have seen promotional videos that we have put out showing footage older than 3 years. The video's are trying to make us relive the good times. Arizona is not Alabama but the last couple of years have been better than what they normally have been accustomed too. Rich is the 5th coach AZ has had since 2000

I enjoyed all three. Rich has one, Stew has one and Dana has one. Time to get another one.
Saying that BCS victories sucked is shocking. These were triumphs against the top 5 conferences in America. Now, beating Marshall is another story. Hell, WVU did it every time.

Who cares how long the highlights go back. I saw a promotional video for Alabama a couple of years ago showing Nick holding the crystal ball. It also contained footage of the Bear. I have seen promotional videos that we have put out showing footage older than 3 years. The video's are trying to make us relive the good times. Arizona is not Alabama but the last couple of years have been better than what they normally have been accustomed too. Rich is the 5th coach AZ has had since 2000

And number six will be rolling into Tucson shortly if Rich doesn't get it going soon.

Go forth children and worship the man the single-handily destroyed Michigan football. He will be hailed in the annuals football with Jerry Faust, the man who destroyed Notre Dame football.

A trained chimpanzee could win with the talent at those schools, but not Jerry and Rich. The folks at Alabama must still get down on their knees every night to thank God they didn't hire ol' Plugz.

And number six will be rolling into Tucson shortly if Rich doesn't get it going soon.

Go forth children and worship the man the single-handily destroyed Michigan football. He will be hailed in the annuals football with Jerry Faust, the man who destroyed Notre Dame football.

A trained chimpanzee could win with the talent at those schools, but not Jerry and Rich. The folks at Alabama must still get down on their knees every night to thank God they didn't hire ol' Plugz.
Rich is the ONLY Arizona head coach in the 21st century with a winning record. It think Rich "got it going," including winning a Pac-12 division title. Mike Stoops, of the famous coaching family, was 10-18 at Arizona.

Winning 60% of his Arizona games isn't chopped liver for a school with its history.

Hatred really ruins the ability to think straight.

Rich also was the best coach since Don Nehlen at WVU, by far.

Reactions: OlegeezEER

Who cares what Rich did at Michigan? Who cares what he's doing now? Rich did get AZ to the Fiesta Bowl in 2014 the 1st time AZ has played in a bowl of that caliber since 1994. AZ did finish in the AP top 25 that year which was the 1st time since 1998. You do know that AZ has only had 4 top 25 finishes in its history? Rich did get a contract extension after the 2014 season and I can tell you 1st hand from someone who spends most of the fall and winter out here that his job is not in jeopardy. They just gave him a contact extension. The real question should be why are we discussing this? Is it because his successors have failed to achieve the success he did? Is it because you're insecure about the state of the program? In the end we know what Rich accomplished at Wvu and its better than what Stewart and Holgorson have achieved to date.

Who cares what Rich did at Michigan? Who cares what he's doing now? Rich did get AZ to the Fiesta Bowl in 2014 the 1st time AZ has played in a bowl of that caliber since 1994. AZ did finish in the AP top 25 that year which was the 1st time since 1998. You do know that AZ has only had 4 top 25 finishes in its history? Rich did get a contract extension after the 2014 season and I can tell you 1st hand from someone who spends most of the fall and winter out here that his job is not in jeopardy. They just gave him a contact extension. The real question should be why are we discussing this? Is it because his successors have failed to achieve the success he did? Is it because you're insecure about the state of the program? In the end we know what Rich accomplished at Wvu and its better than what Stewart and Holgorson have achieved to date.

Sounds like you care. Right?

I enjoyed all three. Rich has one, Stew has one and Dana has one. Time to get another one.
I enjoyed them as well. RR won one, Stewart won with RR's talent and DH won with Stewart's talent. Just waiting on DH to win one with his own talent.

These retarded videos that RR makes really show how much of an egomaniac he is. he can stay in the desert.
I didn't think Anything could be worse than the 'gunslinger' one. But I stand corrected.
As RR becomes less and less relevant at Arizona, and WVU becomes less and less relevant under DH, the rumors of his return will increase.

Well anyway ....I thought it was kind of funny.
And it's even more funny that some of you feel the need to rip it apart.

More interesting, I think, is that Rod is starting his fifth season in the desert. It was years 5-6-7 in Morgantown that were his best. He didn't, of course, have the chance go more than 3 years at Michigan.

I enjoyed them as well. RR won one, Stewart won with RR's talent and DH won with Stewart's talent. Just waiting on DH to win one with his own talent.

I call BS! Rod couldn't beat a 27 point dog at home with the NC on the line. Stew took THAT team amd beat the crap out of a team many felt was the best in the country at that time. Then Dana took a team Stew couldn't win a BE title with, won a BE title and then won a BCS bowl in record setting fashion. You may want to wipe that Rod juice of your chin bro.

Reactions: MontaniEers
For the life of me .... I can't think of anything that TruWVblu said that was BS.

Here is an appropriate video:

STOP POSTING CRAP ABOUT THAT DICKHEAD... NEGATIVE ATTENTION IS STILL ATTENTION... STOP THE GD INSANITY!!!

Meanwhile, Mr. Kruger sits in the corner sucking on his fRod pacifier...

bp-paci-mug-shot.jpg

Does the gladiator video play to "You Raise Me Up" in the background?

That's Rita's signature theme.

Rich is the ONLY Arizona head coach in the 21st century with a winning record. It think Rich "got it going," including winning a Pac-12 division title. Mike Stoops, of the famous coaching family, was 10-18 at Arizona.

Winning 60% of his Arizona games isn't chopped liver for a school with its history.

Hatred really ruins the ability to think straight.

Rich also was the best coach since Don Nehlen at WVU, by far.

Pac 12... the New Big East

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT