ADVERTISEMENT

Honest question: did Obama ever suggest taking away FOX news credentials?

What’s the problem, tune in to CNN, they will give you the answers you are looking for.
I read my news only....and I read CNN almost no with FOX, the Guardian, WSJ, Time, NY Times, Politico, the Hill, among others.....the point is that media access to our leaders is essential for comprehensive coverage. I was pissed at Obama for pounding on FOX so often....but I didn’t think he ever advocated openly for them to permanently lose access.

@Boomboom521

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...but-didnt-mind-obamas-years-of-stomping-press

Truth is, it was the actions of the Obama administration that should have been viewed as a threat to the First Amendment.

Of course, President Obama was friendly, affable and lined up ideologically with most reporters, so they found it difficult to get too emotional when he stomped on press freedom. There were several egregious examples.
  • The Obama administration's Justice Department spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen. The DOJ, led by Eric Holder, somehow labeled Rosen an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case, even went so far as to call him a flight risk. He thereby avoided the pesky need to inform him he was under surveillance. Of course, he was guilty of absolutely nothing. Holder would much later acknowledge regret over the Rosen subpoena. Thanks for playing.
  • The same DOJ seized two months of phone records from the Associated Press. Close your eyes for a moment and picture the reaction if Attorney General Jeff Sessions had been found to order the same action against the New York Times. If anything but the apocalypse comes to mind, you're in a small minority.
  • The Obama administration rejected more Freedom of Information Act requests than any administration in history. That was after Obama promised the "most transparent" administration in history.
New York Times reporter James Risen summed it up well when he called the Obama administration "the most anti-press administration since the Nixon administration.”

"Over the past eight years, the administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined," Risen wrote for The Times in a Dec. 30, 2016 column. "It has repeatedly used the Espionage Act, a relic of World War I-era red-baiting, not to prosecute spies but to go after government officials who talked to journalists."

But for the previous eight years of outright giddiness at the White House Correspondents Dinner, no First Amendment pins were handed out. No speeches were given about threats to press freedom.

Actions always speak louder than words.

Trump's words about the press are highly critical and demeaning. No argument there.

Many in the press take it personally and even conflate rhetoric — Trump's free speech — as somehow endangering the First Amendment. Ah, the irony.

But Obama's actions? They were downright scary.

Too bad almost nobody stood up to say anything about it, even though they had eight chances at eight dinners from 2009-16.

• The Obama administration rejected more Freedom of Information Act requests than any administration in history. That was after Obama promised the "most transparent" administration in history .......................... Any previous THREAD TITLES started from the past of “ CONCERN “?

Reactions: atlkvb
I see one instance when he denied them access, and others where he tried to discredit them. Trump discredits media daily - concerning, but not nearly as dangerous as removing credentials- which Trump was proposing as a measure to eliminate their permanent access. Not a single instance, but a total denial of access. Big difference.

Media credentials to WH press briefings are the prerogative of the WH. The press doesnt have to be there to report on him, and he doesn't have to hold those briefings where they simply trash him.

Last edited:
@Boomboom521

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...but-didnt-mind-obamas-years-of-stomping-press

Truth is, it was the actions of the Obama administration that should have been viewed as a threat to the First Amendment.

Of course, President Obama was friendly, affable and lined up ideologically with most reporters, so they found it difficult to get too emotional when he stomped on press freedom. There were several egregious examples.
  • The Obama administration's Justice Department spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen. The DOJ, led by Eric Holder, somehow labeled Rosen an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case, even went so far as to call him a flight risk. He thereby avoided the pesky need to inform him he was under surveillance. Of course, he was guilty of absolutely nothing. Holder would much later acknowledge regret over the Rosen subpoena. Thanks for playing.
  • The same DOJ seized two months of phone records from the Associated Press. Close your eyes for a moment and picture the reaction if Attorney General Jeff Sessions had been found to order the same action against the New York Times. If anything but the apocalypse comes to mind, you're in a small minority.
  • The Obama administration rejected more Freedom of Information Act requests than any administration in history. That was after Obama promised the "most transparent" administration in history.
New York Times reporter James Risen summed it up well when he called the Obama administration "the most anti-press administration since the Nixon administration.”

"Over the past eight years, the administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined," Risen wrote for The Times in a Dec. 30, 2016 column. "It has repeatedly used the Espionage Act, a relic of World War I-era red-baiting, not to prosecute spies but to go after government officials who talked to journalists."

But for the previous eight years of outright giddiness at the White House Correspondents Dinner, no First Amendment pins were handed out. No speeches were given about threats to press freedom.

Trump's words about the press are highly critical and demeaning. No argument there.

Many in the press take it personally and even conflate rhetoric — Trump's free speech — as somehow endangering the First Amendment. Ah, the irony.

Too bad almost nobody stood up to say anything about it, even though they had eight chances at eight dinners from 2009-16.
I was very disappointed in his actions towards whistleblowers- but I think I was in the dark quite a bit.

Reactions: wvu2007
I see Trump floated the idea of stripping creditials from most of the news media, with the only suggested reason being negative coverage btw. This is very unnerving to me. Blasting the coverage as fake and trying to destroy their credibility is concerning to me, but not anti-American. This idea....unless done with specific investigations on story sources and with adequate control and oversight....is the beginning of a much more dangerous potential happening. Russians know.

I can't say I ever heard him threaten to "take away their credentials". But he out loud blamed them for most of his problems in life. Pretty much cried like a infant with any inference of Fox. I do remember that!

• The Obama administration rejected more Freedom of Information Act requests than any administration in history. That was after Obama promised the "most transparent" administration in history .......................... Any previous THREAD TITLES started from the past of “ CONCERN “?
When was the FOIA put into effect?

I can't say I ever heard him threaten to "take away their credentials". But he out loud blamed them for most of his problems in life. Pretty much cried like a infant with any inference of Fox. I do remember that!
I do too. I can’t stand FOX for the most part, but I wasn’t happy about his attitude towards the network at all

I have atl on ignore; I have no idea what he ever says and don’t care.

I did a google search for obama denies access to Fox and come up with nada. I also did a search for obama remove press credentials from Fox and get nada.

So, just as I suspected, you can’t provide proof of another claim.

Your google skills are quite lacking.

Your google skills are quite lacking.
I literally googled exactly what he said he did and found the relevant articles. Started to post the LMGTFY link but figured what was the point. He’s comfortable in his ignorance, why try to help him?

I have no problem making country look like a liar and fool. Sad to see cpeer like so many of his posts.

http://www.letmegooglethat.com/?q=obama+denies+access+to+Fox
CP is good people on the BL. He’s kind of like RPJ in that he just likes to troll conservatives in the same vein Airport likes to troll liberals. I have no doubt he is very liberal, but that doesn’t bother me. Weak trolling bothers me, at least come hard in the mutha fvcking paint when you do though.

CP is good people on the BL. He’s kind of like RPJ in that he just likes to troll conservatives in the same vein Airport likes to troll liberals. I have no doubt he is very liberal, but that doesn’t bother me. Weak trolling bothers me, at least come hard in the mutha fvcking paint when you do though.

I know, I like him. Why it makes me so sad to see him liking countryroads lies.

Remember, he "doesn't like Trump".......yet he's defending him, once again.......:popcorn:

Yeah, he doesn't like trump but here's his pic.

188338.png

No, but you defend him with intensity.
I defend with intensity the positions I agree with. Most of that is fiscal and foreign policy matters since that’s all we talk about on here anymore (thank the sweet baby Jesus). Trump is smacking for the fences internationally. He’s using the leverage that we have. Obama never learned that.

I’m not kidding when I say that I was diametrically opposed to Obama’s foreign policy. He was worse than any President in modern times (FDR on). He was a combination of the worst attributes of all of them on Foreign policy matters. I know you all think he was great for some reason, but I’ve never seen it or anything even close to it. He was universally laughed at in the Middle East.

Hillary wouldn’t have been as bad as Barry, but I fear she would have been worse than Bill. I didn’t agree with Bill’s approach towards military intervention because the political ramifications were always placed above the mission. Hillary was an opportunist but would have operated exactly the same. She’s have had to focus group everything.

@Boomboom521

Question for you, since you brought media access up. You posted your concern about Trump talking about Press Credentials. Why did you not show the same concern for the MSMs 91% negative coverage of Trump? They’re bastardizing and perverting their journalistic integrity, yet you’re more concerned about his tweeting something I’ve shown you the last asshat did as well and actually followed through with on at least 1 occasion yet this President hasn’t. It’s impossible for me to take your concerns seriously.

@Boomboom521

Well done 007. Don't forget Cheryl Atkinson also wrote a book about how her computers were bugged and how she was consistently denied access for her reporting on Obama administration malfeasance.

@Boomboom521

Question for you, since you brought media access up. You posted your concern about Trump talking about Press Credentials. Why did you not show the same concern for the MSMs 91% negative coverage of Trump? They’re bastardizing and perverting their journalistic integrity, yet you’re more concerned about his tweeting something I’ve shown you the last asshat did as well and actually followed through with on at least 1 occasion yet this President hasn’t. It’s impossible for me to take your concerns seriously.
I am 100% positive, you already know the answer to that question.

@Boomboom521

How do you come up with 91% "negative" coverage of Trump by "MSM"?

I have atl on ignore; I have no idea what he ever says and don’t care.

I did a google search for obama denies access to Fox and come up with nada. I also did a search for obama remove press credentials from Fox and get nada.

So, just as I suspected, you can’t provide proof of another claim.

Trump press ban nothing like Obama's.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/act...an-is-nothing-like-obamas-spat-with-fox-news/

Obama boots Conservative reporters

https://www.abc10.com/mobile/articl...ia-outlets-from-the-white-house/103-414543179

Obama feuds with Fox News
https://townhall.com/columnists/cal...ia-forget-how-obama-treated-fox-news-n2270406

Obama vs Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013...rategy-to-delegitimize-news-organization.html20

You didn't look very hard or you don't know how to use the search engine.

Harvard study finds majority of media coverage on Trump negative.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...verage-harvard-kass-0521-20170519-column.html

Study finds 91% of media coverage on Trump negative.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/on-m...overage-on-broadcast-news-was-negative-230297

91 percent of media coverage negative on Trump.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...age-has-been-negative/?utm_term=.07751c56daf2

I see one instance when he denied them access, and others where he tried to discredit them. Trump discredits media daily - concerning, but not nearly as dangerous as removing credentials- which Trump was proposing as a measure to eliminate their permanent access. Not a single instance, but a total denial of access. Big difference.

Only problem in your relative comparison Trump hasn't denied any credentials Obama did.

Almost like there was a study released or something last week. KGB82, he posts lots of good info.

MediaResearchCenter

Last edited:
Almost like there was a study released or something last week. KGB82, he posts lots of good info.

MediaResearchCenter

Last week?

You mean October 2016? And it wasn’t all the “MSM.” It was the theee nightly news broadcast for a 12 week period.

You trump chumps are just like trump. You can’t seem to be truthful.

And besides that, the guy is a f’ucking clown show. 99% of what he does is disgusting or disgraceful so 91% is being favorable to him.

Stop your whining because the media isn’t putting lipstick on the pig.

MediaResearchCenter
Not sure I share your assessment that media research center is good info. Any specifics on what constitutes MSM or negative coverage in their study?

Odd those old studies are exactly the same as this newest study.

Reactions: countryroads89
Not sure I share your assessment that media research center is good info. Any specifics on what constitutes MSM or negative coverage in their study?
I don’t recall the specifics. They analyzed media coverage from Jan-Apr.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT