ADVERTISEMENT

Homegrown Defense

MountainMiles

Freshman
Jul 14, 2017
There has been a tremendous influx of talent in the state of West Virginia over the last few years, and the WVU defense in particular will soon feel a major impact from a few local stars. On the defensive line, Reese Donahue will take over one of the defensive end spots to start the season. Darius Stills will likely redshirt this season as a defensive tackle, but could potentially sway his 4 star defensive end brother Dante into becoming a Mountaineer. Dante could see a 5th star in the coming months.

The WVU linebackers figure to see an impact this season from former Bridgeport star Dylan Tonkery, who will gain valuable game experience while David Long is out. Martinsburg star defensive end Tavis Lee could soon gain an offer from WVU and has major potential to play outside linebacker in Tony Gibson's 3-3-5.

Lastly, 4 star safety Derrek Pitts will see the field often this season in the secondary, and held offers from programs all over the country. The talent today in the state is vastly different than it was only a few years ago. I think this is amazing for the Mountaineers and it may get even better if we can pull in linemen Doug Nester and Darnell Wright. I'm sure i'm missing a player or two, but I can't wait to see all this potential become a reality!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News