ADVERTISEMENT

WVSPORTS.COM Holgorsen's Take: National Signing Day and Camping World Bowl

"As far as player personnel goes, Holgorsen said wide receiver Gary Jennings will join Grier and offensive tackle Yodny Cajuste on the list of players not playing the bowl game with an ankle injury he’s battled most of the season."

Instead of a bowl game this should be called what it is -- a glorified scrimmage or junior varsity game.

"As far as player personnel goes, Holgorsen said wide receiver Gary Jennings will join Grier and offensive tackle Yodny Cajuste on the list of players not playing the bowl game with an ankle injury he’s battled most of the season."

Instead of a bowl game this should be called what it is -- a glorified scrimmage or junior varsity game.
Did you note that Jennings didn't practice for the last six weeks of the season with a high ankle sprain?

Reactions: Phil and WVUALLEN
Holgorsen will use the bowl game as an opportunity to play different players who won’t lose a redshirt due to the new rule which allows players to play up to four games in a single season and not lose their redshirt.

Lowe, wide receivers Sam James and Bryce Wheaton, Mike Brown, T.J. Banks, Briason Mays and Kwantel Raines are among those players who are expected to see game action against Syracuse next Friday.

“We got a whole bunch of other people on our team that get an opportunity to go play a football game,” Holgorsen said. “We’re practicing our butt off and going to get those guys out there and see what happens in a live setting. That’s awesome to me and we’re not killing a year.”

“They’re going to be different people in January because of it,” he added.

Should we be optimistically optimistic for 2019?

Did you note that Jennings didn't practice for the last six weeks of the season with a high ankle sprain?

And will have a month and four days between games to get healthy.

Glorified scrimmage. That's all this game is. Call it what it is. Anybody who pays top dollar for this game -- unless you're using this as a winter vacation -- is a sucker. It's a scrimmage.

Well I am using it as a Winter vacation and I’m looking forward to seeing some of the young guys get a chance to show what they can do. Also looking forward to seeing David Sills in a Mountaineer uniform one last time. Not everyone is negative about this game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT