ADVERTISEMENT

Ho-hum Big 12 OOC football games in 2018

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
WVU will begin the 2018 football season with Tennessee (0-8, 4-8), Youngstown and North Carolina State (6-2, 9-4).

The Wolfpack is one of only three Power 5 teams with winning 2017 conference records playing Big 12 teams in 2018.

The others are Southern Cal, which will face Texas, and Ohio State, which will go against TCU.

Not many chances for prestige victories by Big 12 teams.

The other non-conference games:

Texas has Maryland (2-7, 4-8), Tulsa and Southern Cal (8-1,11-3).

TCU has Southern, SMU and Ohio State (8-1, 12-2).

Oklahoma has Florida Atlantic, UCLA (4-5, 6-7) and Army.

Texas Tech has Mississippi (3-5, 6-6), Lamar and Houston.

Iowa State has South Dakota State, Iowa (4-5, 8-5) and Akron.

Kansas State has South Dakota, Mississippi State (4-4, 9-4) and Texas San Antonio.

Oklahoma State has Missouri State, South Alabama and Boise State.

Kansas has Nicholls, Central Michigan and Rutgers (3-6, 4-8).

Baylor has Abilene Christian, Texas San Antonio and Duke (3-5, 7-6). The Little Sisters of the Poor weren’t available?

I know some of these opponents looked like a bigger deal when the contracts were signed, but the Big 12 bloodbaths should be a LOT more exciting.

latest

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
WVU will begin the 2018 football season with Tennessee (0-8, 4-8), Youngstown and North Carolina State (6-2, 9-4).

The Wolfpack is one of only three Power 5 teams with winning 2017 conference records playing Big 12 teams in 2018.

The others are Southern Cal, which will face Texas, and Ohio State, which will go against TCU.

Kansas State has South Dakota, Mississippi State (4-4, 9-4) and Texas San Antonio.

Baylor has Abilene Christian, Texas San Antonio and Duke (3-5, 7-6). The Little Sisters of the Poor weren’t available?

I know some of these opponents looked like a bigger deal when the contracts were signed, but the Big 12 bloodbaths should be a LOT more exciting.

Maryland 51 Texas 41
FAU 11-3 (8-0) CUSA
Army 10-3
Iowa vs Iowa State is a big time rival.(Iowa leads 43-22)
Boise has been known to knock off Big 12 teams

Can't control what a teams record was during the years deal was signed. You need to let things play out to the end of the season and not kill it in the early season.

Check out the other conferences weak OOC. It might put your mind at ease and clear things up for you.

Maryland 51 Texas 41
FAU 11-3 (8-0) CUSA
Army 10-3
Iowa vs Iowa State is a big time rival.(Iowa leads 43-22)
Boise has been known to knock off Big 12 teams

Can't control what a teams record was during the years deal was signed. You need to let things play out to the end of the season and not kill it in the early season.

Check out the other conferences weak OOC. It might put your mind at ease and clear things up for you.
I only checked out the Big 12 because WVU is in the conference. I know that other conferences play cupcakes, too, but I'm not interested in those leagues.

And I did point out that some of these matchups looked bigger when the contracts were signed, such as Tennessee vs. WVU, for example.

But I know that OOC record and who you play has a role in determining the 4 teams that get to the Final Four of Football.

Just passing out info because I'm bored, and others are, too, waiting for another football season.

Feel free to ignore and get on with your life.

Reactions: 79eer

WVa will have a really tough time against Tenn. and North Carolina State. Could loose both of those games.

WVa will have a really tough time against Tenn. and North Carolina State. Could loose both of those games.
WVU will beat Tennessee like a drum. It’s going to take some time for them to get competitive again. They’re a dumpster fire.

At 85 I know anything is possible. And I tend to wait till the games are played before evaluating. But if WVU doesn't beat Tennessee and North Carolina State, it could be a long season. With Grier at QB and his favorite receiver back I think the Mountaineers have a shot at going 3-0. Not a prediction. Just a hope. #1 goal: No one is hurt seriously on either team.

Reactions: eerphone

Tennessee no offense very good defense. WVU no defense very good offense. Wow I have heard this story before. But no need for a troll to come here and claim 2 OOC losses for WVU when both are probable wins.

I only checked out the Big 12 because WVU is in the conference. I know that other conferences play cupcakes, too, but I'm not interested in those leagues.

And I did point out that some of these matchups looked bigger when the contracts were signed, such as Tennessee vs. WVU, for example.

But I know that OOC record and who you play has a role in determining the 4 teams that get to the Final Four of Football.

Just passing out info because I'm bored, and others are, too, waiting for another football season.

Depends on the conference.

2017 Alabama - Mercer Bears, Fresno State, Colorado State, FSU (7-6, 3-5)
2017 Georgia - Appy State, Samford, Georgia Tech (5-6, 4-4), Notre Dame (10-3) Conference Champs.

Feel free to read others opinions instead of claiming yours is the gospel truth.

Reactions: Rootmaster

You literally care more about all things Big12 than WVU. It’s actually pathetic.

Why don't you worry about who Wvu is playing. Who cares who the rest of the big 12 is playing unless you're the head of the big 12 cheer leading squad.
It was an interesting, informative post. Sorry some of you sensitive boys were triggered..

You literally care more about all things Big12 than WVU. It’s actually pathetic.

LOL. We both know that's not what's pathetic Greggy. Now get in the fetal position and have your mom rub your back till you calm down a little. :weary:

You sure you don't work for Fox "Fake" News? I've said again and again that my sports priorities are:

1. WVU.
2. Whatever conference WVU is in.

I have a zillion "WV" merchandise, season tickets for Mountaineer Field since my 1996 retirement (Section 105) and have been following and dying with my alma mater since I was 5 years old.

Let's stop the pissing match and talk about the coaches and players. No one wants to read 2-guy disputes.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
You sure you don't work for Fox "Fake" News? I've said again and again that my sports priorities are:

1. WVU.
2. Whatever conference WVU is in.

I have a zillion "WV" merchandise, season tickets for Mountaineer Field since my 1996 retirement (Section 105) and have been following and dying with my alma mater since I was 5 years old.

Let's stop the pissing match and talk about the coaches and players. No one wants to read 2-guy disputes.

I’m in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT