ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Pop Gun arm...why didn't your alma mater hire

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
you as running backs coach.?.....you are, by your own admission, a beacon of truth and light in the coaching industry......maybe they just decided they didn't want to keep a stable of attorneys on retainer just to comb thru all your lawsuits......they ARE your alma mater , right?....you DID graduate, right?....a couple of junior high schools here need an equipment manager....want to send me your bio and I'll forward it to them

you as running backs coach.?.....you are, by your own admission, a beacon of truth and light in the coaching industry......maybe they just decided they didn't want to keep a stable of attorneys on retainer just to comb thru all your lawsuits......they ARE your alma mater , right?....you DID graduate, right?....a couple of junior high schools here need an equipment manager....want to send me your bio and I'll forward it to them
Probably his honesty issue and the fact that he ran with guys during his time at Marshall who were bad apples. One of them raped a baby.

just as I suspected.......crickets......you hit them with facts and they disappear.....unless pop gun is with the prancing elites today

Don't you know? They called him out of the blue and told him they wanted to hire him but couldn't because he's white. (seriously, he said that)

As if any employer would call somebody that didn't even apply for a job just to tell them that they couldn't hire them because of their skin color.

Totally believable.

More believable is that they got their fill of him when he was there and are more than happy to not have him around anymore.

It will be amusing to read the five paragraphs of ridiculous crap in response to this...

you as running backs coach.?.....

It was already discussed.

Don't you know? They called him out of the blue and told him they wanted to hire him but couldn't because he's white. (seriously, he said that)

As if any employer would call somebody that didn't even apply for a job just to tell them that they couldn't hire them because of their skin color.
e.

It's the entire truth. That's how I knew Barclay was gone before it was ever announced anywhere. Other Marshall regular posters can verify that (they post on herdhaven and hypocritenation).

I've known the coach who called and told me that for 15 years. I saw him a few weeks ago, and we talked about getting me there. An opening just so happened to pop sooner than he thought, so he was proactive in letting me know the situation.

As I explained before, it's from the first time I was told that. The current Boise State head coach said the same exact thing at the very beginning of our convo when he called me years ago due to his best friend (and associate head coach) telling him that he needed to hire me.

It's no secret. It's commonly heard by white coaches. It's a fact of life in this business. School administrations (and sometimes even the head coaches) push to have a certain number of minority hires.

After barclay's departure, Marshall did not have a single black coach (other than two GAs who were referenced). In fact, the quote was "well, technically mirabel counts as a minority because he's Cuban. But, he's as white as you and me, so doc said he doesn't count." There was another uncomfortable quote along with it, but there is no reason to go into that.

How is work for you guys today? Playing the skin flute, dropping orange cones, and chasing tweens out of Gap at the mall? I envy all of you who get to work everyday in those thrilling positions.

It's the entire truth. That's how I knew Barclay was gone before it was ever announced anywhere. Other Marshall regular posters can verify that (they post on herdhaven and hypocritenation).

I've known the coach who called and told me that for 15 years. I saw him a few weeks ago, and we talked about getting me there. An opening just so happened to pop sooner than he thought, so he was proactive in letting me know the situation.

As I explained before, it's from the first time I was told that. The current Boise State head coach said the same exact thing at the very beginning of our convo when he called me years ago due to his best friend (and associate head coach) telling him that he needed to hire me.

It's no secret. It's commonly heard by white coaches. It's a fact of life in this business. School administrations (and sometimes even the head coaches) push to have a certain number of minority hires.

After barclay's departure, Marshall did not have a single black coach (other than two GAs who were referenced). In fact, the quote was "well, technically mirabel counts as a minority because he's Cuban. But, he's as white as you and me, so doc said he doesn't count." There was another uncomfortable quote along with it, but there is no reason to go into that.

How is work for you guys today? Playing the skin flute, dropping orange cones, and chasing tweens out of Gap at the mall? I envy all of you who get to work everyday in those thrilling positions.
......"Playing the skin flute?"....you are about 30 years behind the times....I was a golf course superintendent for the majority of my career....you marshall folks sure like sexual references, especially male ones.....is that the REAL reason you can't get a coaching job?.......Jerry Sandusky chapter 2....the truth is beginning to emerge

Yep, people get called all the time from employers and are told that they're not being hired for a position they never applied for because of reasons that are out of their control.

Seems legit.

"Hello, this is Mr. Cousin?"

"Yes, speaking"

"Yes, this is John from ABC Company and we wanted to let you know that you are no longer being considered for a position at our company"

"I'm sorry but you may have the wrong person. I have never applied with your company."

"Oh, we know. We intended to call you. We just wanted to let you know you didn't get the job you didn't apply for. You know, because you're white."

In Rifle's defense, though, the leadership at Marshall could be dumb enough to open themselves up to a potential EEO lawsuit with a person that never even applied with them. Maybe he's telling the truth.

Yep, people get called all the time from employers and are told that they're not being hired for a position they never applied for because of reasons that are out of their control.

Seems legit.

You missed the part about is knowing each other for 15 years and just having seen/spoken a few weeks prior.

If your buddy were a C level exec at a competing company, and you had just talked about your interest in joining them, and a spot was about to open, he would call and met you know about it but inform you that it's out of his (and anyone's control) because they have to hire a minority.

You missed the part about is knowing each other for 15 years and just having seen/spoken a few weeks prior.

If your buddy were a C level exec at a competing company, and you had just talked about your interest in joining them, and a spot was about to open, he would call and met you know about it but inform you that it's out of his (and anyone's control) because they have to hire a minority.

Just because ....
*us
*let

LOL .... everybody can play that game if they want ... it's a f'n message board.

Look at all of those paragraphs. The strings are really getting taut.

That might be somewhat valid, but given your ongoing involvement in employment-related litigation your buddy has little-to-no business sense in opening up his current employer to an EEO suit. He, as a representative of his organization, has told a potential application in you that you're going to discriminated against based off your skin color. All of it would take is a huge dick move on your part to file suit based off his statement. He either lies under oath or Marshall should be concerned.

Would you do it? I doubt it. Would others do it? Absolutely. As your friend I don't understand opening himself up to the possibility. Must be a good friend or naive to the way this awful world works.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT