ADVERTISEMENT

Herd Hoops

MichiganHerd

All-American
Aug 17, 2011
Schedule just released, and the Herd was saving an opening for WVU, in case they decided not to take another powder, but unfortunately, Huggs took the powder. Concord has taken your spot.

2017-18 Marshall Men’s Basketball Schedule

Oct. 29 – West Virginia Tech (Exhibition)
Nov. 5 – West Virginia Wesleyan (Exhibition)
Nov. 10 – UT-Martin
Nov. 13 – Southern
Nov. 16 – at Morehead State
Nov. 19 – at Illinois
Nov. 22 – N.C. Central
Nov. 26 - Concord
Nov. 29 – at William & Mary
Dec. 2 – Akron
Dec. 5 – Chattanooga
Dec. 9 – at Toledo
Dec. 16 – Ohio
Dec. 19 – at Xavier
Dec. 22 – Eastern Kentucky
Dec. 28 – Southern Miss
Dec. 30 – Louisiana Tech
Jan. 6 – WKU
Jan. 11 – at Charlotte
Jan. 13 – at Old Dominion
Jan. 18 – Middle Tennessee
Jan. 20 – UAB
Jan. at – WKU
Feb. 1 – at UTSA
Feb. 3 – at UTEP
Feb. 8 – FIU
Feb. 10 – Florida Atlantic
Feb. 15 – at Rice
Feb. 17 – at North Texas
Feb. 22 – Old Dominion
Feb. 24 – Charlotte
March 1 – at UAB
March 3 – at Middle Tennessee
March 7-10 – C-USA Tournament (Frisco, Texas)* - Conference USA opponentGame times with television designation will be announced at a later date.

2017-18 season ticket renewals are available now at this link.

I think Huggs was perfectly clear in his response to the "Dantoni Doctine" when he said it was laughable and that they could find someone else to play. Looks like ole' Dan has done just that. WV Wesleyan last year and Concord this year - not as exhibition games, but as regular season games. With a schedule like that it's no wonder Marshall hasn't been to the Big Dance since Reagan was President.

I think Huggs was perfectly clear in his response to the "Dantoni Doctine" when he said it was laughable and that they could find someone else to play. Looks like ole' Dan has done just that. WV Wesleyan last year and Concord this year - not as exhibition games, but as regular season games. With a schedule like that it's no wonder Marshall hasn't been to the Big Dance since Reagan was President.
Concord dares go where WVU fears!

Easy way to prove us wrong ...just pick up the phone!
I wouldn't be expecting them to make that call. The doctrine clearly laid out that if the cousins didn't want to make the trip to Huntington, then they were scared. Obviously, Danny was right. Not to mention, Huggs likes to entertain a dozen or so stiffs in Morgantown during the pre-conference slate, and an additional stiff in C-Town.

Schedule just released, and the Herd was saving an opening for WVU, in case they decided not to take another powder, but unfortunately, Huggs took the powder. Concord has taken your spot.

Wow, that matchup will probably draw a crowd of somewhere in the neighborhood of what - 1500 people ? Nice trade off. You shouldn't have poked the Huggy Bear.

Last edited:
We had an opening but some team named U.K. filled the hole.

Don't be so judgemental CR89........after all, Marshall does play a couple of teams from the same state as the University of Kentucky. And to top it off they get EKU at home, just like we are hosting the Wildcats. That's almost the same thing isn't it ?

Reactions: countryroads89
Wow, that matchup will probably draw a crowd of somewhere in the neighborhood of what - 1500 people ? Nice trade off. You shouldn't have poked the Huggy Bear.
Huggy not afraid of a little poke but evidently terrified of getting the beat downs that the Big Cat received in Huntington!

Huggy not afraid of a little poke but evidently terrified of getting the beat downs that the Big Cat received in Huntington!

Soon enough you will be able to brag about the big beat down you put on Concord.............I think their coach should demand home and home or none and if MU doesn't agree it could only mean they are afraid. It would be about on the same scale as the dantoni doctrine.

Nov. 10 – UT-Martin
Nov. 13 – Southern
Nov. 19 – at Illinois
Nov. 22 – N.C. Central
Nov. 26 - Concord
Dec. 2 – Akron
Dec. 5 – Chattanooga
Dec. 9 – at Toledo
Dec. 16 – Ohio
Dec. 19 – at Xavier
Dec. 28 – Southern Miss
Dec. 30 – Louisiana Tech
Jan. 6 – WKU
Jan. 11 – at Charlotte
Jan. 20 – UAB
Jan. at – WKU
Feb. 1 – at UTSA
Feb. 3 – at UTEP
Feb. 8 – FIU
Feb. 15 – at Rice
Feb. 17 – at North Texas
Feb. 22 – Old Dominion
Feb. 24 – Charlotte
March 1 – at UAB
March 7-10 – C-USA Tournament (Frisco, Texas)* - Conference USA opponentGame times with television designation will be announced at a later date.

What a shit schedule

What a shit schedule

They play exactly two teams that made the Big Dance last year, Xavier and Middle Tennessee. And don't forget that big game against Concord from the WVIAC....or MEC, or whatever they call it these days.

They should really pack the house this year with all those big games ! [eyeroll]

Nov. 10 – UT-Martin
Nov. 13 – Southern
Nov. 19 – at Illinois
Nov. 22 – N.C. Central
Nov. 26 - Concord
Dec. 2 – Akron
Dec. 5 – Chattanooga
Dec. 9 – at Toledo
Dec. 16 – Ohio
Dec. 19 – at Xavier
Dec. 28 – Southern Miss
Dec. 30 – Louisiana Tech
Jan. 6 – WKU
Jan. 11 – at Charlotte
Jan. 20 – UAB
Jan. at – WKU
Feb. 1 – at UTSA
Feb. 3 – at UTEP
Feb. 8 – FIU
Feb. 15 – at Rice
Feb. 17 – at North Texas
Feb. 22 – Old Dominion
Feb. 24 – Charlotte
March 1 – at UAB

Completely irrelevant

Nov. 10 – UT-Martin
Nov. 13 – Southern
Nov. 19 – at Illinois
Nov. 22 – N.C. Central
Nov. 26 - Concord
Dec. 2 – Akron
Dec. 5 – Chattanooga
Dec. 9 – at Toledo
Dec. 16 – Ohio
Dec. 19 – at Xavier
Dec. 28 – Southern Miss
Dec. 30 – Louisiana Tech
Jan. 6 – WKU
Jan. 11 – at Charlotte
Jan. 20 – UAB
Jan. at – WKU
Feb. 1 – at UTSA
Feb. 3 – at UTEP
Feb. 8 – FIU
Feb. 15 – at Rice
Feb. 17 – at North Texas
Feb. 22 – Old Dominion
Feb. 24 – Charlotte
March 1 – at UAB

Might be one of the worst out-of-conference schedules I've ever seen

The sad thing is you numb nuts actually believe the crap that you spew.
Many people with similar distortions of reality spend lengthy stays within the confines of a mental institution. They exist and are funded in an attempt to keep such folks from hurting themselves an have some responsible person looking after their welfare.

Soon enough you will be able to brag about the big beat down you put on Concord.............I think their coach should demand home and home or none and if MU doesn't agree it could only mean they are afraid. It would be about on the same scale as the dantoni doctrine.
Sure, tell Concord to move up to D-1....we'll both play 'em! Well, you boys probably take a powder!

You must have missed those stiffs you boys brought to town last year. I recall the SOS for your OOC being among the worst in all of D1.
Hahahahhha....the brave Cousins well known for not leaving the friendly confines of Morgantown until January! A true road game in Nov-Dec might be more than Huggy's heart can take and while he's a pompous ass don't really want to see any harm come to the ol' boy!

Hahahahhha....the brave Cousins well known for not leaving the friendly confines of Morgantown until January! A true road game in Nov-Dec might be more than Huggy's heart can take and while he's a pompous ass don't really want to see any harm come to the ol' boy!
So beating the #6 team in Charlottesville does not count? You turd fans know nothing but going full retard.

Reactions: countryroads89
Hahahahhahhahah, UVA barely finished in the top 100 but I'll give Huggy credit for the trip! Hahahahahhha, 2016 Cavaliers indeed!
Once again going full Tony. UVA made the dance as an at large. When was the last time MVU made the dance? Hint Reagan was President.

Once again going full Tony. UVA made the dance as an at large. When was the last time MVU made the dance? Hint Reagan was President.
Hey, nothing but love for the Cavs but the last time I saw 'em they were 40 points behind! Hahahhahhahaha....but nothing but respect for Mr. Jefferson school!

Hey, nothing but love for the Cavs but the last time I saw 'em they were 40 points behind! Hahahhahhahaha....but nothing but respect for Mr. Jefferson school!
Last I looked MVU was sitting at home once again. Just saying Tony. Hey does playing at Pitt and Texas A&M in Germany count as playing away from Morgantown?

Let me clarify I guess. That might be one of the worst overall schedules I've ever seen. I'm sure season ticket sales are going through the roof

Last I looked MVU was sitting at home once again. Just saying Tony. Hey does playing at Pitt and Texas A&M in Germany count as playing away from Morgantown?
Not sure houcan play @ Pitt
Not sure how you can play @ Pitt if the game's in Germany! But neutral site takes more nerve than just laying in at home! If you boys were to play Pitt in N. Korea , I promise I'll never doubt your courage about coming to Huntington again!

Not sure houcan play @ Pitt

Not sure how you can play @ Pitt if the game's in Germany! But neutral site takes more nerve than just laying in at home! If you boys were to play Pitt in N. Korea , I promise I'll never doubt your courage about coming to Huntington again!
We plat at Pitt on the 9th of December and open the season against Texas A@M in Germany in November. Really the dumb act gets old Tony. We expect better out of you.

Reactions: Stone_Cold
You must have missed those stiffs you boys brought to town last year. I recall the SOS for your OOC being among the worst in all of D1.

You surely realize that Marshall's entire schedule is filled with stiffs - this and every year. Just FYI - On their way to 19 D-1 wins last year Marshall beat only three teams in the regular season that finished the year with a winning record. Those being 22-9 NC Central, 19-11 Ohio U, and 19-12 ODU.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2017/schedule/Marshall

Pathetic. And you play nearly the same schedule this year.

Last edited:
We plat at Pitt on the 9th of December and open the season against Texas A@M in Germany in November. Really the dumb act gets old Tony. We expect better out of you.
Sorry, I don't study the WVU slate. But play the Aggies in N. Korea and I'll never question your courage again! After you've visited the North Korean boys, Huntington would be a day a the beach!

In which they made the Tourney. So was that an away game and does that mean you lied? Yes and Yes.
...but that doesn't mean they were any good! Did you catch how they existed the dance not pretty! But that was last year...better things ahead for the Cavs!

Not really, more like disparaging UVA basketball for last season!

In which they made the Tourney. ..........

...but that doesn't mean they were any good!...........

Only in the mind of a Herdiot does someone not realize that only the better teams get chosen for the NCAA tournament. Understandable since they always think they have a good team but haven't made the Tourney since Reagan was president.

Tony, you haven't done anything in this thread other than lose credibility. I expected better from you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT