ADVERTISEMENT

HCNB comments on the four corner schools

We don't have the money. If we could come up with it, it would be better spent buying players. Most of the coaches are going to want to coach at places where the boosters can fork up the big-time nil deals. When you have blue blood coaches saying they need 13 million to keep their rosters intact you know the wvu's of the world are in trouble. It's one of the reasons Baker was brought in he has a reputation as a good fundraiser. Until Wvu proves it can close the gap in Moneyball any coach who comes here will struggle. If you want power 5 head coaching experience the best, we could probably do is someone like Bo Pelini which I wouldn't be opposed to, but it brings along risk as well.
As I’ve posted in the past, I would love it if WVU hired Bo Pelini. I have no doubt he would succeed here. Born in Youngstown Ohio and knows this region for recruiting. Great defensive minded coach. Had solid success at Nebraska when they were still in the Big12, so he knows the Big12. His style of coaching matches what WVU traditionally has been known for.
What exactly is bs about it? when have we ever shown that we can buyout a big contract? Lure the best of the best when it comes to coaches. Auburn just paid a combined 45 million to buy out the last two football coaches they had on their payroll. Tell me the last time wvu did something like that? Show me that 13 millon dollar roster that wvu has that coaches like Ryan Day said he needs to maintain his roster. People like yourself are the problem you don't understand the way college sports work today and it's only going to get worse.
If Neal Brown said that he needed 13 million for our current WVU roster to remain intact, we got a problem. Joking. Just adding some humor to break the tension in this thread lol

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
As I’ve posted in the past, I would love it if WVU hired Bo Pelini. I have no doubt he would succeed here. Born in Youngstown Ohio and knows this region for recruiting. Great defensive minded coach. Had solid success at Nebraska when they were still in the Big12, so he knows the Big12. His style of coaching matches what WVU traditionally has been known for.

If Neal Brown said that he needed 13 million for our current WVU roster to remain intact, we got a problem. Joking. Just adding some humor to break the tension in this thread lol
Bo Pelini had some success as a power 5 coach maybe not the consistent success that Nebraska wanted but he wasn't a failure. He probably was fired more due to his temperament than anything else. Too many on here mis interpret original statements and that's why many threads go to hell.

Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Bo Pelini had some success as a power 5 coach maybe not the consistent success that Nebraska wanted but he wasn't a failure. He probably was fired more due to his temperament than anything else. Too many on here mis interpret original statements and that's why many threads go to hell.
In 7 seasons, Pelini won no less than 9 games and hit 10 wins 3 times in his time in both Big10 and Big12. While he didn’t win a NC, I felt Nebraska was too impatient. Now look at their program. I bet they’d love him back

Last edited:
Reactions: deedoubleyou
In 7 seasons, Pelini won no less than 9 games and hit 10 wins 3 times in his time in both Big10 and Big12. While he didn’t win a NC, I felt Nebraska was too impatient. Now look at their program. I bet they’d love him back
He was way better than Frost.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT