ADVERTISEMENT

Haven't been around in a while...there sure are some HCNB haters on here

Shady TigEER

Senior
May 29, 2001
We knew this 4 game stretch would be a meat grinder...yet some have already thrown in the towel on Brown??

LOL--no, what people actually said was "anyone can step in and immediately do better".

No one was predicting this epic meltdown of WVUs program since the new coach came in, except those of us who were looking at WVUs program with a realistic eye rather than that it had been some horrible failure under the previous staff.

LOL--no, what people actually said was "anyone can step in and immediately do better".

No one was predicting this epic meltdown of WVUs program since the new coach came in, except those of us who were looking at WVUs program with a realistic eye rather than that it had been some horrible failure under the previous staff.

Revisionist self history. You have been nothing but “Dana this, and Dana that” since Brown was hired. You have been actively disparaging Brown and constantly bringing up how your demi god Dana was second winningest coach, blah blah blah. Don’t act like you knew anything was coming one way or another. For some idiotic reason, You blame Brown for Dana not being here and openly take personal joy in WVU losing. You internalize everything about Dana and loathe the idea that Brown is now the coach. You can’t handle that Dana felt his fans at WVU we’re not good enough and left for Houston, and yet you still defend him as if he gives a crap whether you like him or not.

And for the record, everyone I can recall prior to the start of the season was saying it was going to be a tough year, including Brown and Lyons. I said 7 wins would be a great year numerous times, but 5 or 6 was more realistic. We can still finish the season strong and have a lot to build on. I would say you are the only one who has given up on the team, but you were never with the team in the first place.

Revisionist self history. You have been nothing but “Dana this, and Dana that” since Brown was hired. You have been actively disparaging Brown and constantly bringing up how your demi god Dana was second winningest coach, blah blah blah. Don’t act like you knew anything was coming one way or another. For some idiotic reason, You blame Brown for Dana not being here and openly take personal joy in WVU losing. You internalize everything about Dana and loathe the idea that Brown is now the coach. You can’t handle that Dana felt his fans at WVU we’re not good enough and left for Houston, and yet you still defend him as if he gives a crap whether you like him or not.

And for the record, everyone I can recall prior to the start of the season was saying it was going to be a tough year, including Brown and Lyons. I said 7 wins would be a great year numerous times, but 5 or 6 was more realistic. We can still finish the season strong and have a lot to build on. I would say you are the only one who has given up on the team, but you were never with the team in the first place.

Oh please. History didnt start at the beginning if this season and you were one of the ones regularly dismissing Holgorsens accomplishments ( as- btw- you are still doing right now) over the past 8-9 years.

A bunch of idiots like yourself came on here licking up Neal Browns jock as though he won the superbowl when he hadnt coached a down.

Then when he started out poorly against a lightweight fcs team and rapidly went downhill from there, you tried to blame the previous staff for it.

I simply corrected your misinformation with facts about the previous staff and you and your troll contingent went ballistic because what you predicted wasnt happening, you were so utterly wrong about the situation and didnt want to admit it.

Well, no amount of any of you calling me names , pretending you are tough internet guys hiding behind a screen name and trying to badger people about presenting facts to counter your lies is going to change that Neal Brown has coached WVU to one of the worst rushing attacks in the nation, near the bottom in INTs, and all around one of the poorest performances for any WVU team to date.

At some point even you will have to admit he is not doing a good job so far, and theres not really anything to indicate that is going to change anytime soon.

All the brown haters are Ohio state or random Texas school fans or that high school in Huntington, Kentucky not wvu

There are these things called FACTS. Neal Brown is sucking up and down the field in most categories.

You dont have to be a fan of another school to admit that. Go to any college football stat book and look up whats happening. Look at the games and see how WVU has been dominated by every good team.

Why lie to yourself?

So you think the guy who boinked your wife looked a lot like Neal Brown?

No, I think the guy who is coaching WVu to one of the worst performances in WVU history IS Neal Brown.

Whether he boinked your wife or not is irrelevant to the discussion.

No, I think the guy who is coaching WVu to one of the worst performances in WVU history IS Neal Brown.

Whether he boinked your wife or not is irrelevant to the discussion.

2013 - 4-8
2001 - 3-8
1978 - 2-9
1960 - 0-8-2
1950 - 2-8
1945 - 2-6-1
1939 - 2-6-1

Looks like we have had several years worse than this one.

Oh please. History didnt start at the beginning if this season and you were one of the ones regularly dismissing Holgorsens accomplishments ( as- btw- you are still doing right now) over the past 8-9 years.

A bunch of idiots like yourself came on here licking up Neal Browns jock as though he won the superbowl when he hadnt coached a down.

Then when he started out poorly against a lightweight fcs team and rapidly went downhill from there, you tried to blame the previous staff for it.

I simply corrected your misinformation with facts about the previous staff and you and your troll contingent went ballistic because what you predicted wasnt happening, you were so utterly wrong about the situation and didnt want to admit it.

Well, no amount of any of you calling me names , pretending you are tough internet guys hiding behind a screen name and trying to badger people about presenting facts to counter your lies is going to change that Neal Brown has coached WVU to one of the worst rushing attacks in the nation, near the bottom in INTs, and all around one of the poorest performances for any WVU team to date.

At some point even you will have to admit he is not doing a good job so far, and theres not really anything to indicate that is going to change anytime soon.

Your posts are like listening to Charlie Brown’s teacher: WAH WAH WAH.

Are you admitting you, doneagain, sg44, etc. are all the same poster? Explains why you have the same ignorant group think and troll mentality.

Oh my gosh. That is your best one yet.

I have been posting here for over 15 years and have almost 19k posts. I would say I am established as a regular poster here. I don’t need to have an alternate account.

But if that is supposed to trigger me, you claiming I am using multiple accounts, you have failed.

I guess the truth is, you are the one getting triggered by my constant pointing out to you what nonsense you post over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Oh my it's over and over and over...

Oh my it's over and over and over
Oh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and over
Oh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and overOh my it's over and over and over
AGAIN

We knew this 4 game stretch would be a meat grinder...yet some have already thrown in the towel on Brown??
No matter who the WVU coach is there will always be haters. Anything short of a national title is considered a disgrace despite the gap in lure and talent between Alabama and WVU.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
No matter who the WVU coach is there will always be haters. Anything short of a national title is considered a disgrace despite the gap in lure and talent between Alabama and WVU.

You’re so full of crap haha. You really are. WVU is a middle of the pack program that is lucky to have a top 30 recruiting class every once in awhile. No one expects WVU to win National Titles old timer. Even the haters don’t expect that. Is it wrong to think a transition from DH would not look like this disaster. He better lock up some legit transfers, JUCOs and legit Freshman or next won’t be any better. Getting boat raced every other game doesn’t deserve patience. A few games left to save the season but so far it’s hard not to think Brown sucks.

Reactions: tOSUGrad90
You’re so full of crap haha. You really are. WVU is a middle of the pack program that is lucky to have a top 30 recruiting class every once in awhile. No one expects WVU to win National Titles old timer. Even the haters don’t expect that. Is it wrong to think a transition from DH would not look like this disaster. He better lock up some legit transfers, JUCOs and legit Freshman or next won’t be any better. Getting boat raced every other game doesn’t deserve patience. A few games left to save the season but so far it’s hard not to think Brown sucks.

Only thing sucking is your observation. Get off your knees and quit sucking Bucky boy.

Reactions: Rootmaster
Shady - beating NC State got some hopes up. BUT unfair to make any evaluation under 3+ years. Not only is HCNB installing news systems, he has to overcome the terrible culture Dana left behind. Do believe he'll git 'er done.

I really boils down to two views.

Those who take the myopic view see everything in the here and now. They become overjoyed or frustrated based on statistics, single plays, single wins and losses, etc. They constantly are looking at where the program IS at the present.

Then, there are those who view things in the long term. They don't get overjoyed or frustrated based on anything in the present. They look at where a program COULD BE and hope it gets there and sustains itself.

Depending upon which view you have, you tend to see others with the opposite view as an idiot. Thing is, either side could be right.

Nah it's just replacing a winning coach with a guy 27 other programs passed over and instantly he's better because he parts his hair is dumb. Brown might end up a good coach one day, might not.

The problem is so many people are hoping Brown ends up a 8 win coach after a three year rebuild just because of personal hatred for the former guy.

We got WVU media blasting Holgorsen on here and everywhere else because he didn't coddle them while he was at WVU. And "fans" of the program blasting the #2 winningest coach at WVU because Brown reminds them of a Baptist preacher.

Nothing about his resume says coach that can win the Big12 except winning 30 games over 3 years at Troy at the Sun Belt level.

Yet according to some he's already a better coach and recruiter than Dana lol

One guy won a Orange Bowl in his first year as being a Head Coach with a roster that needed overtime to beat a 5-7 Marshall team.

Reactions: JoePaEer
It may take a coaching staff two sometimes three years to fully develop their program and produce what they are capable of putting on the field. So lets just be a little more patient on coach Brown and his staff.

Only thing sucking is your observation. Get off your knees and quit sucking Bucky boy.

What? Listen homer that guys an idiot expansion Pride boy. Don’t confuse me with anyone. I post what I believe with one handle. Tell me one thing I posted that wasn’t true homer.

Nah it's just replacing a winning coach with a guy 27 other programs passed over and instantly he's better because he parts his hair is dumb. Brown might end up a good coach one day, might not.

The problem is so many people are hoping Brown ends up a 8 win coach after a three year rebuild just because of personal hatred for the former guy.

We got WVU media blasting Holgorsen on here and everywhere else because he didn't coddle them while he was at WVU. And "fans" of the program blasting the #2 winningest coach at WVU because Brown reminds them of a Baptist preacher.

Nothing about his resume says coach that can win the Big12 except winning 30 games over 3 years at Troy at the Sun Belt level.

One guy won a Orange Bowl in his first year as being a Head Coach with a roster that needed overtime to beat a 5-7 Marshall team.
You are a moron.

Also

You forgot:
1999 - 4-7
1990 - 4-7
1986 - 4-7
1974 - 4-7

I was in school in '74 and '78. Those were rough years for WVU football. Bowden flew the coop after beating N.C State and Lou Holtz in the Peach Bowl. Frank Cignetti got the job, then got cancer. It was as if the program was cursed.

I think '78 was the year the "First Down Cheer" started? There was nothing else to cheer about that year. First downs were rare in those days.

"The problem is so many people are hoping Brown ends up a 8 win coach after a three year rebuild just because of personal hatred for the former guy."

First, I'm hoping for more than 8 wins under Brown. If I'm happy with 8 in season 3 it will only be because I think their is potential for better. Second, where do all these accusations of personal hatred come from? I do not personally hate Dana. I was frustrated that WVU became worse after 3 seasons with him at the helm and was never truly in contention for the Big 12 in November with the exception of last year. After 8 seasons and seeing some of the same flaws over and over with the best WVU could muster being a 3rd place finish in Big 12 play during a down year for the conference didn't inspire confidence that WVU would be getting over the hump any time soon. Look what happens to a good offensive roster when Chugs or Allison had to play for Grier. DH lives and dies by the QB no matter how good rest of the roster may be and he was always scrambling to find an already ready to play guy.

"One guy won a Orange Bowl in his first year as being a Head Coach with a roster that needed overtime to beat a 5-7 Marshall team."

This doesn't back your point like you think it does. This shows why the staff before Dana needed to go and does not validate his tenure at WVU. The head coach is responsible for every aspect of the team including recruiting. The major dip in year 3 and the persistent reliance on transfer QBs ready to play showed DH was lacking in that area. Remember that the guy Dana replaced won a much bigger game with his predecessor's players. Big difference when you have to instill discipline, lead by example, recruit and coach players from scrawny high school boys to athletic men day by day and season by season. Both coaches showed their flaws AFTER looking great with the previous coach's roster.

Ultimately, I'll keep beating this dead horse. I want WVU to win the Big 12. Not every year or even on the regular, but once in a while. Dana has a great mind for offense and not much else. He was not good at defense or special teams nor was he good at assessing the assistants he tried to delegate those duties to. That mindset won't win without a blue blood roster which WVU will never have. Hence, WVU will not only have to out scheme, but also out discipline and hustle the other teams. I just never saw much emphasis from Dana on discipline, attention to details, fundamentals or aspects of the game not related to offense. Not everyone that is focused on fundamentals and getting it exactly right everytime is a great coach. But ALL great coaches have those 2 characteristics. Last season was the ceiling WVU could expect under Holgorsen. Hence, it was time to move on. If Brown gets 5 or more seasons and falls short of what Dana had done it will only prove that Brown was not the right hire and NOT of that the WVU program should've stayed mired in the Holgorsen way of doing things. So if Brown keeps showing the same flaws and has not had WVU in contention when he's had a few seasons under his belt I'll be critical of him in the same manner I was critical toward Dana.

Reactions: sword12
To be honest, HCNB has done nothing that would make anybody believe that he is the right guy for the job. The program barely has a pulse right now. Still, you have to give the guy a pass for this year's turd of a season.He only inherited it.

You can say that wvu hired a coach that 27 others schools passed on but it can also be said that wvu had a coach that no other power 5 school wanted. When you look at his performance at Houston you can see why.

"The problem is so many people are hoping Brown ends up a 8 win coach after a three year rebuild just because of personal hatred for the former guy."

First, I'm hoping for more than 8 wins under Brown. If I'm happy with 8 in season 3 it will only be because I think their is potential for better. Second, where do all these accusations of personal hatred come from? I do not personally hate Dana. I was frustrated that WVU became worse after 3 seasons with him at the helm and was never truly in contention for the Big 12 in November with the exception of last year. After 8 seasons and seeing some of the same flaws over and over with the best WVU could muster being a 3rd place finish in Big 12 play during a down year for the conference didn't inspire confidence that WVU would be getting over the hump any time soon. Look what happens to a good offensive roster when Chugs or Allison had to play for Grier. DH lives and dies by the QB no matter how good rest of the roster may be and he was always scrambling to find an already ready to play guy.

"One guy won a Orange Bowl in his first year as being a Head Coach with a roster that needed overtime to beat a 5-7 Marshall team."

This doesn't back your point like you think it does. This shows why the staff before Dana needed to go and does not validate his tenure at WVU. The head coach is responsible for every aspect of the team including recruiting. The major dip in year 3 and the persistent reliance on transfer QBs ready to play showed DH was lacking in that area. Remember that the guy Dana replaced won a much bigger game with his predecessor's players. Big difference when you have to instill discipline, lead by example, recruit and coach players from scrawny high school boys to athletic men day by day and season by season. Both coaches showed their flaws AFTER looking great with the previous coach's roster.

Ultimately, I'll keep beating this dead horse. I want WVU to win the Big 12. Not every year or even on the regular, but once in a while. Dana has a great mind for offense and not much else. He was not good at defense or special teams nor was he good at assessing the assistants he tried to delegate those duties to. That mindset won't win without a blue blood roster which WVU will never have. Hence, WVU will not only have to out scheme, but also out discipline and hustle the other teams. I just never saw much emphasis from Dana on discipline, attention to details, fundamentals or aspects of the game not related to offense. Not everyone that is focused on fundamentals and getting it exactly right everytime is a great coach. But ALL great coaches have those 2 characteristics. Last season was the ceiling WVU could expect under Holgorsen. Hence, it was time to move on. If Brown gets 5 or more seasons and falls short of what Dana had done it will only prove that Brown was not the right hire and NOT of that the WVU program should've stayed mired in the Holgorsen way of doing things. So if Brown keeps showing the same flaws and has not had WVU in contention when he's had a few seasons under his belt I'll be critical of him in the same manner I was critical toward Dana.

"Not everyone that is focused on fundamentals and getting it exactly right everytime is a great coach. But ALL great coaches have those 2 characteristics."

This hits the nail on the head. This is why HCNB could end up being a great coach (but not necessarily so) and also why DH is never going to be one.

That's not a diss at DH. He gave us some good times. But it had become apparent that, considering what WVU is, DH was not the long term answer. Kudos to him for recognizing this and letting us start our rebuild one year earlier as well as getting himself a big contract at Houston.

Brown does not remind me of a Baptist preacher at all. In reading his bio I see he is a religious man but I only know that because I read his bio. He doesn't wear it on his sleeve. And oftentimes, the ones that do wear it on their sleeves are doing it for effect instead of out of sincerity, like when RR invoked the Bible as his introductory press conference.

Brown comes off like someone that understands that going about things the correct way, in terms of relationships or work or preparation, increases your chances of having a good outcome. Process matters. I think that's what "Trust The Climb" means. Do things the correct way and trust that that will generate a good outcome.

He comes off more like an MBA (which he is) or an engineer. If you make sure all the parts are in working order and connected properly, then the machine will run well.

Kudos to him for recognizing this and letting us start our rebuild one year earlier

That is flat out the dumbest statement ever.

It is like saying a murderer saved you from getting old and sick.

DH was, and is, a clueless jackass. No accolades for that dolt.

That is flat out the dumbest statement ever.

It is like saying a murderer saved you from getting old and sick.

DH was, and is, a clueless jackass. No accolades for that dolt.

I don't mean it in the sense that he did it for WVU but rather than for himself. But he did recognize the reality of the situation. He had two years left on his contract before the 2018 season and he putt all his eggs in the "We will have a great 2018 season and thus I can get a contract extension before 2019, which will let me ride out the inevitable crappy 2019 season" basket. And then when 2018 turned out worse than expected, he knew enough to look for another job because he was going to be gone after 2019 anyway.

He built the basket and put the eggs in it. Have nothing good to say, or parse, about that jackass. He bailed and encouraged players to do the same. Next game he wins at Houston will be one too many.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT