ADVERTISEMENT

Had a old man stop me in the Atlanta Airport

JTeer2

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
because he saw the flying WVU on my polo shirt. His first question was whether or not we were ready to get our ass kicked by ISU this weekend. That was the first thing out of his mouth and were his exact words.

The man had no ISU stuff on and due to that I gave him a respectful answer that it could happen but the opposite could happen just as well.

The next words out of his mouth was We have owned you for 3 years and we will own you again this year!

Well, I had just tolerated more abuse then I usually handle without shoving my fist in somebody's mouth (even at 66 years old, nobody better get in my face) so I countered, who the hell are you and why the hell should I care what you think?

He said he was an ISU football player and alumni from the 70's and he is tight with the program and the head coach. He went on to say his friend has no respect for your team and he has passed that on to his players. He said you will lose big Saturday, even at home because when your team get's hit in the mouth you don't respond.

I told him, either shut your damn mouth or go ahead and try to hit me in the mouth and see how this mountaineer responds! He looked at me for a few seconds and walked away.

I don't care anymore if we win or lose Saturday. All I care about is how we respond when they hit us in the mouth. We need to come out fighting and be prepared to exhibit that one trait the whole game. We need to get our respect back. The Count

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News