ADVERTISEMENT

Greene time

OU is controlling the point of attack
Why would you put in a QB who cannot throw the ball when you having problems getting a push.

Reason why you haven’t seen him recently
You did see him when WVU was having their way up front on that first drive

Reactions: WVUFanForever
OU is controlling the point of attack
Why would you put in a QB who cannot throw the ball when you having problems getting a push.

Reason why you haven’t seen him recently
You did see him when WVU was having their way up front on that first drive
The reason why they have been losing the battle front is because when Doege is in the flow of blocking is incredibly predictable. They know where the block is coming from.

The reason why they have been losing the battle front is because when Doege is in the flow of blocking is incredibly predictable. They know where the block is coming from.
Maybe
But this as of right now isn’t a great game for Greene

The game actually changed on a turnover by the OU QB. OU was in position to score again.
Doege is managing the game as of now. If you see them start moving the ball you could see Greene again
But you won’t see a change based on Doege’s performance

I don't care what anyone says about Doege. Greene is not the guy. Not at this point. Right now Doege gives WVU the best chance to win.
Doege gives WVU the best chance? You mean when he misses wide open receivers in the end zone? Or what about not every completing a deep ball over 20 yards?

Reactions: Rootmaster
We aren't talking about the defense. We are talking about the QB which gives WVU the best chance of winning right now and that is Doege.
Green drove us down the field on the only good drive of the second half, to a first and goal and looked great doing it. The OL, of course, made one of their signature false starts. Then Neal puts Deogeee in, and what next? Of course, he misses a totally wide open WR in the end zone on a pass a teenage girl could make.

Daygay sucks. His decision making is terrible. He overlooks WR's who are wide open all the time because he doesnt go thru his reads. He has a delayed release, a terrible release actually. No accuracy hardly at all. Even on the passes he completes his ball placement is terrible. He overthrows every deep ball he throws. In fact the only pass he can really make is the slant. Thats where most of his yards come form but it gets predictable as a game wear on.

A signature Daygay play most people wont even recognize was a sideline screen to Wright. He was wiiiiiide open out there with no defenders near him, and Daygay was looking right at him, but somehow Doegee appeared to do some kind of stupid accidental double pump fake move before finally throwing the ball 3 seconds too late, and by the time the ball got there the defenders were all over Wright. Totally blew a chance for a very nice play just by his pure ineptness as a QB. Thats really just one tiny example. He does far more and worse than that obviously, but there are so many little things he messes up, he's just killing this offense. We will always be limited as long as he is the QB. He got benched in the bowl game and should've stayed benched. It carried over.

What exactly did Doege do tonight that Greene couldn't have? What difficult throw did Doege make during the game? What deep ball did he drop in there?
We don't have a #1 or a #2. Last 2 drives we're moving for a score. The O-line gets illegal motion blows the TD settle for 3. 2nd drive in a 13-13 tie driving at OU 20 and snap the ball past the QB for 35 yard loss. Ball game.

I think Greene's skillset actually opens lanes for Leddy, because the LB's are indecisive. Between the improvements in the running game, Greene's running, if his arm is almost as good as Doege's I would think his role should at least increase.

Doege missed a WIDE OPEN WR in the endzone, which would have been the difference. Doege also had an interception. Doege & C also had a bad snap... Doege did make a few decent throws, but most were slants, routes Greene should certainly be able to make, given he made Elite11, which is no small task.

Because Greene helps in so many other areas, if his arm or ability to read Defenses is remotely close to Doeges, I think he should be given the opportunity, at the very least to see his role steadily increase.

Reactions: deedoubleyou
I think Greene's skillset actually opens lanes for Leddy, because the LB's are indecisive. Between the improvements in the running game, Greene's running, if his arm is almost as good as Doege's I would think his role should at least increase.

Doege missed a WIDE OPEN WR in the endzone, which would have been the difference. Doege also had an interception. Doege & C also had a bad snap... Doege did make a few decent throws, but most were slants, routes Greene should certainly be able to make, given he made Elite11, which is no small task.

Because Greene helps in so many other areas, if his arm or ability to read Defenses is remotely close to Doeges, I think he should be given the opportunity, at the very least to see his role steadily increase.
Greene is not the future. Doege is not the future.

Thank you...so tired of our fans thinking Greene is the answer.
Only thing I can say about Greene is he can run the RPO offense. He is too short to see over the line has to roll to throw or pass through the seams of O-line. Doege limited and easily rattled.

Bunch of Allen type waterboys talking about the game. Too funny. Neal is the problem...7 - 11 in the conference type of problem. Play calling collapsing in the second half every game. Thats a problem...a Neal problem. Playing to not lose thats a problem...a Neal problem. Mediocre...at best.

Bunch of Allen type waterboys talking about the game. Too funny. Neal is the problem...7 - 11 in the conference type of problem. Play calling collapsing in the second half every game. Thats a problem...a Neal problem. Playing to not lose thats a problem...a Neal problem. Mediocre...at best.
If you go and look, WVUAllen ripped on Holgerson's Big 12 record, his lack of good QB's (recruiting), and horrible play calling. Yet defends Brown. Interesting.

We do have a present though. Do we just ignore that and forfeit the rest of the season?
Come into to run the ball. Eventually they start stopping it. Can he pass? Sure give him a shot and when he gets his ass kicked you will understand why Doege is playing.

We are in the now, and Greene should be the now. At this point if you cant see that, you dont know jack shit about football.
Let me know when Green grows 3 inches and can see over the line. If he can't beat out Doege then he's not that good. You don't know football.

Reactions: Tylerite
Come into to run the ball. Eventually they start stopping it. Can he pass? Sure give him a shot and when he gets his ass kicked you will understand why Doege is playing.
Did you not see the video of Green dropping dimes into the back of the endzone from 60 yards? Greene on the passes Neal has allowed to him, has a 75% completion % and an 85 qbr, not too mention averaging 7 yards per carry. Greene has earned more playing time and passes, big time. Doege has a 58.1 qbr and is averaging -4 yards per carry. Yes, negative 4 yards pc.

Leddie also runs much better when Greene is in the game, which adds another element.

And you think you do lol.
Bet my life I know more than you. Your problem you focus on one individual. Blame 100% on them alone. You need to learn to watch the entire field. You're as bad as Doege centering in on one receiver.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT