ADVERTISEMENT

Good win....

Obviously this won't count against him, but nor should anyone over react as if this win does more than cool the hot seat a little. For perspective, OSU over the last 3 week appears to be a team that will struggle to finish bowl eligible. In year 6, 3 score victories over teams like that should be expected and not a surprise.

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Obviously this won't count against him, but nor should anyone over react as if this win does more than cool the hot seat a little. For perspective, OSU over the last 3 week appears to be a team that will struggle to finish bowl eligible. In year 6, 3 score victories over teams like that should be expected and not a surprise.
Brown wasn't on the hot seat. He will be here pretty much as long as he wants.

Brown wasn't on the hot seat. He will be here pretty much as long as he wants.

You may be right that he isn't nor was he ever. You'd be wrong if you think he shouldn't be. To date this win is an outlier to Brown's career at WVU which has yet to come close to the previous coach whom we let walk. But like the bowl win against Army, this win is not a reason to think Brown has suddenly turned a corner and prosperity is just around the corner. Let's see how we do next week.

That was a great freaking game right there. That's the team that should have showed up against Penn State but it didn't therefore Neil Brown has to go. We are way better than our record. The only thing holding this team back from greatness is the coaching.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUALLEN
That was a great freaking game right there. That's the team that should have showed up against Penn State but it didn't therefore Neil Brown has to go. We are way better than our record. The only thing holding this team back from greatness is the coaching.
Oklahoma State is 130th in total defense Penn State is 4th. Its apples vs oranges Penn State would beat any team in this conference.

There are people in this thread that are not happy we won today so they will try and look for anything to dimmish the win.
I love that we won. Wasn't able to watch, but followed on the phone and was surprised, pleasantly.

There are also some on here that fail to see the lack of progress that this program has had in quite some time. Kind of like this....

head-in-the-sand.gif

This is how it is. He will do enough to keep his job.

They can win all remaing games and also could lose them all.

what does flip flopping have to do with anything? I have reservations about Brown, but im not going to crap on him after a nice win. We have 7 games remaining. Let the season play out and then have a debate about his job status
I've been down on Nelly for years, so why would I let a win over a bad OSU team change that for me? Despite the win, I still don't think he's a very good coach and on some level WVU could find a better option.

No need to crap on the win, but also no need to exaggerate the win as though faith in Brown is now vindicated. Holgorsen managed to beat an OSU team that finished ranked 17 at a 10-3 record with a 4 win team. Brown couldn't have done any more than he did with this game. That being said, it is still one game in a lackluster resume so far. And twice WVU has given him an extension based upon over reaction. One to a bowl win vs Army and another for an 8 win season where WVU's toughest win was 6-6 TTU missing their starting quarterback while losing by a combined 145-69 to ranked teams. So I can see why fans are hesitant to praise him after a good win if the admin will use that alone as justification to keep extending Brown.

Reactions: EERs 3:16
No need to praise Brown. Worse is bashing him constantly which is bashing WVU during the season. You people are worse than Marshall fans in your comments about our school. Just STFU and quit watching if you despise the program which includes the coach.

Support the team. If there are specific coaching issues, call them out. But be aware your comments just reflect how others perceive you since nothing you say means anything as it pertains to the actions of the university.

If you come in a public board acting like an ahole, be willing to accept reasonable people treating you like scum. It is your choice.

what does flip flopping have to do with anything? I have reservations about Brown, but im not going to crap on him after a nice win. We have 7 games remaining. Let the season play out and then have a debate about his job status
So don't crap on him after a win then, but if you think that because you don't want to crap on Neil Brown that others can't then you need to grow up and get a life. If it bothers you so much block the people who don't like Neil brown. I've only ever blocked one person on this site, and I like not seeing his stupid shit anymore. So why don't you do the same and block the Neil Brown haters since it bothers you so bad

If you come in a public board acting like an ahole, be willing to accept reasonable people treating you like scum. It is your choice.
You come out on the public board acting like an asshole all the time. Just because someone opinion is different than yours doesn't mean they're an asshole. You're the asshole for always getting mad at it and starting shit with people. You have been doing it for years. Grow up

I've been down on Nelly for years, so why would I let a win over a bad OSU team change that for me? Despite the win, I still don't think he's a very good coach and on some level WVU could find a better option.
Every win NB has will be against a bad team, in your opinion. Okie State might not be having a good year, but they have essentially the same roster as a year ago. They were the Big 12 runner-up last season. In the last three weeks, Okie State has played Utah, K State, and us. Look at how we performed against them in comparison to Utah and K State. We were far superior. WVU may or may not be able to find a better option than Brown, but that's not your decision. When you have teams in the Sec. and Big 10 getting paychecks twice the size of those in the Big 12, it's going to be hard to persuade the top coaching prospects to come here.

Reactions: WVUBRU
No need to crap on the win, but also no need to exaggerate the win as though faith in Brown is now vindicated. Holgorsen managed to beat an OSU team that finished ranked 17 at a 10-3 record with a 4 win team. Brown couldn't have done any more than he did with this game. That being said, it is still one game in a lackluster resume so far. And twice WVU has given him an extension based upon over reaction. One to a bowl win vs Army and another for an 8 win season where WVU's toughest win was 6-6 TTU missing their starting quarterback while losing by a combined 145-69 to ranked teams. So I can see why fans are hesitant to praise him after a good win if the admin will use that alone as justification to keep extending Brown.
Holgorsen also managed to choke away the game in 2018 against a 5-5 Oklahoma State team when we were ranked in the top 25. Holgorsen blew a 17-point halftime lead. Im not sure what exactly the past has to do with last Saturday, but your the one who brought it up.

Reactions: WVUBRU
Holgorsen also managed to choke away the game in 2018 against a 5-5 Oklahoma State team when we were ranked in the top 25. Holgorsen blew a 17-point halftime lead. Im not sure what exactly the past has to do with last Saturday, but your the one who brought it up.

The point is that Holgorsen still managed a better win than this with a team that ultimately finished with only 4 wins. This from a coach who had 7 of 8 seasons better than all 5 of Brown's and WVU let him walk. So let's not get too excited as though Brown has suddenly turned the corner until we see a bit more instead of admin extending a guy with less credentials than the coach WVU didn't want.

And I am by no means a Holgorsen apologist and wanted him gone after 2016. I'm just saying Brown has been far worse than Holgorsen.

Every win NB has will be against a bad team, in your opinion. Okie State might not be having a good year, but they have essentially the same roster as a year ago. They were the Big 12 runner-up last season. In the last three weeks, Okie State has played Utah, K State, and us. Look at how we performed against them in comparison to Utah and K State. We were far superior. WVU may or may not be able to find a better option than Brown, but that's not your decision. When you have teams in the Sec. and Big 10 getting paychecks twice the size of those in the Big 12, it's going to be hard to persuade the top coaching prospects to come here.
What does any of this have to do with the fact, that Nelly is underperforming. We're six years into his tenure, and under this leadership, the team hasn't progressed, when was the last time we were part of the national conversation, and we seem to have accepted the Nehlen era of excuses of "well, we're WVa sooooo" And notice how winners don't have to make excuses.

You mean the 2 teams certain people picked WVU to be slaughtered by? Those 2.

People's excuses for WVU wins are hilarious.
Seriously, you're a manic depressive WVU fan...

Nelly loses, you want him gone....Nelly wins and you want him to stay.....

Happy ...sad...happy ...sad.....

Happy, sad, happy, sad is life of a college football fan. WVU moreso than many others. Hatred of the team one claims they support is not acceptable on any level. I have many issues with wvuallen but he has never been a hater of his school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT