ADVERTISEMENT

Good Weekend

TheRedSon

All-American
Oct 13, 2008
It got kind of quiet in here... Especially considering the games we had this weekend. Hope you all enjoyed your break. Congrats on win #6 for the Baylor and West Virginia fans. Nine bowl teams is impressive regardless, but really impressive in a round robin league.

Originally posted by TheRedSon:
It got kind of quiet in here... Especially considering the games we had this weekend. Hope you all enjoyed your break. Congrats on win #6 for the Baylor and West Virginia fans. Nine bowl teams is impressive regardless, but really impressive in a round robin league.
We really needed that win. No offense to Iowa State fans, but we finally found a good matchup. A team that doesn't pass the ball all that much & when they do, they aren't real good at it. I actually thought we were back in the Big East again in terms of the offense we were facing. :) Their crowd seemed great on TV though. Definitely not a Big East fan base. Sounded really loud on TV. I'm just glad to be rid of that awful losing streak. I didn't get to watch the Bedlam game because one of my yahoo friends scheduled a wedding on Saturday (good thing WVU didn't play because I would not have been there). Saw the highlights & it looked like a great game. Can't believe Oklahoma surrendered all those points in back to back weeks & won both games.

They probably wouldn't have won that game if not for the punt return and the 2 point conversion that followed. We were up 8 at the time. The offense went 3 & out with 7:07 left and a 7 point lead, and the defense gave up a 17 play, 86 yard possession that used all 6:18 left on the clock to tie the game. They were gassed in OT.

GREAT weekend in the Big 12...

You know it's a thrilling week in the Big 12 when a Thanksgiving night road upset by TCU over Texas is the least exciting game of the four. That's what is so phenomenal about this league right now, though: Most of the teams are pretty evenly matched and the games themselves are played in a very entertaining fashion.

I am expecting more of the same on the final weekend, and it's a bit of a shocker to find that 2 teams can still win outright after how far ahead it seemed Kansas St was just a few weeks ago. Will Bob Stoops win an incredible EIGHTH Big 12 title in a 13-season span or will Bill Snyder cap an amazing encore by becoming one of the few--if not only--coaches to have won a conference title in 2 separate tenures at the same school?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT