ADVERTISEMENT

Good Luck in the NFL Grier and Cajuste

Thanks for disappointing your team and leaving them hang in the bowl game.
I understand both sides. It’s very disappointing, but I can’t blame them. It’s just the culture of today. Kids today are just different

I understand both sides. It’s very disappointing, but I can’t blame them. It’s just the culture of today. Kids today are just different

I know it. It's up to them. But when will sophomores, Juniors or freshman decide not to play in the bowl because they don't want to injure themselves before next year?

Thanks for disappointing your team and leaving them hang in the bowl game.

Ahhh, disappointment.

These are college students. College is a time to grow and learn about life before making your journey as a functional adult. Disappointment happens....you lose jobs, opportunities do not work out, relationships fail, people sometimes let you down, sometimes you let yourself down.

I dont believe these young men are fragile. If they are disappointed, call it Life 101.

I know it. It's up to them. But when will sophomores, Juniors or freshman decide not to play in the bowl because they don't want to injure themselves before next year?

Well they would probably lose their scholarship.

Ahhh, disappointment.

These are college students. College is a time to grow and learn about life before making your journey as a functional adult. Disappointment happens....you lose jobs, opportunities do not work out, relationships fail, people sometimes let you down, sometimes you let yourself down.

I dont believe these young men are fragile. If they are disappointed, call it Life 101.

It's called I'm getting mine you're on your own.

Reactions: JABJRS
And they probably sue and win. Kill the bowls. They mean nothing.

No they would not. We dismiss players from the team routinely. Refusing to play, when able would be a totally justifiable reason to dismiss them from the team.

OR

You just bench them indefinitely.

No they would not. We dismiss players from the team routinely. Refusing to play, when able would be a totally justifiable reason to dismiss them from the team.

OR

You just bench them indefinitely.

Benching them immediately would give them what they want. Dismissing them would give them what they want. There are more schools than WVU.

And they probably sue and win. Kill the bowls. They mean nothing.
Schools already either break even or lose money with most bowls. Players skipping will only make it worse because fans won’t buy tickets. It won’t be long, most bowls will go away and schools will begin declining invitations. The playoff will expand

I can complain and kick the can in the dirt all I want. It's not changing anything. It's also not going to change my opinion on the matter of Team should mean more than I.

Give all your speeches about money, possible injuries and all this other excuses you want.

It’s all coming down to expanding the playoffs and paying the players. No way to stop it. History will show we are coming out of the golden era of college football

I can complain and kick the can in the dirt all I want. It's not changing anything. It's also not going to change my opinion on the matter of Team should mean more than I.

Give all your speeches about money, possible injuries and all this other excuses you want.

That stuff is proper for kids, but this is a major decision. Millions of dollars. You need to be reasonable.

Worst case scenario is our QB for next year gets added experience and we lose a game. Nothing really changes.

Btw, the players you say are disappointed WANT to be in the same position Grier is in right now.

Ahhh, disappointment.

Yeah, we hope you get to experience college some day.

Reactions: Rootmaster
That stuff is proper for kids, but this is a major decision. Millions of dollars. You need to be reasonable.

Worst case scenario is our QB for next year gets added experience and we lose a game. Nothing really changes.

Btw, the players you say are disappointed WANT to be in the same position Grier is in right now.

Grier playing in Senior Bowl?

Yes he is. It is a chance to showcase HIS skills to NFL scouts, all while playing with an offensive line who he has never played with before and is made up of lineman from many different teams. What could go wrong?

I pray nothing happens and he doesn't lose millions. He has to be concerned about that. After all it's a risky business.

Yes he is. It is a chance to showcase HIS skills to NFL scouts, all while playing with an offensive line who he has never played with before and is made up of lineman from many different teams. What could go wrong?

I dont know much about the senior Bowl. I dont think ive ever watched. Am I wrong to assume they dont go at full speed?

I'm betting, and this is just me making stuff up, that the benedit of the senior Bowl is the weekend itself and getting yourself face time with NFL scouts and staff?

Its like a marketing thing...the game play probably doesnt matter, imo.

Im picturing a trade show environment.

I dont know much about the senior Bowl. I dont think ive ever watched. Am I wrong to assume they dont go at full speed?

I'm betting, and this is just me making stuff up, that the benedit of the senior Bowl is the weekend itself and getting yourself face time with NFL scouts and staff?

Its like a marketing thing...the game play probably doesnt matter, imo.

Im picturing a trade show environment.
ive watched it years ago on espn. It’s about the equivalent to a spring game.

Come to WVU all you stud high school football players and entertain me for 4-5 years...but if you skip a meaningless last game to protect your future...I will curse your name, throw you under the bus and disown you forever.

Come to WVU all you stud high school football players and entertain me for 4-5 years...but if you skip a meaningless last game to protect your future...I will curse your name, throw you under the bus and disown you forever.

1. No game is meaningless.

2. These kids are getting about $100k worth of education, tuition, fees, private tutoring, room and board, clothing and stipends for miscellaneous expenses.

3. I honestly don’t want those type of selfish kids representing my alma mater. I’ll take team players over prima donnas any day of the week. I have a ton more respect for David Sills than I do for Will Grier.

4. Grier doesn’t seem to be concerned about getting injured in the Senior Bowl.

Isn't the Senior bowl a last game as well?

If the game is so meaningless why do we accept playing in them. It's really risky for our players. Could cause problems for the upcoming season CANCEL ALL BOWLS. THEIR MEANINGLESS.

16 team playoffs or die!

Yeah, some people take it to personally

That’s a completely different story. First it’s not happened. Second if that ever happens the coach should immediately remove that player from the team no matter who it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT