ADVERTISEMENT

golf is an agonizing game

Snow Sled Baby

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 4, 2003
Staunton Va
played in a two day best ball event with my pro and shot 89 on Friday and only cut him one shot all day......yesterday doubled my first hole but then something clicked and ended up with 79.....we jumped from 7th to 2nd.......everything felt exactly the same both days....I just don't understand this game even after being a part of it for over 30 years....I bet that Bob Rotella and those other golf psychologists make some serious bucks!!
eek.r191677.gif

Played for the first time in three weeks yesterday in very wet conditions. Hit 13 of 14 fairways. Hit freakin 5 GIR's. Worse part was I kept short siding myself so had some very hard chips and that is the worse part of my game. My friend that we play against each other with our version of a Nassau is having some serious issues with his game and I let him boxcar me on the final Par 3 and lost the match. Really pissed at myself and my game at the moment.

made 3 birdies yesterday, two of them kick ins...actually cut the pro 4 holes on Saturday...the last line of your post sums up my feelings after Friday....I feel a little better today...$150 will do that for you

Sweet.

I haven't had a birdie in 6 rounds (even though I did have an eagle a couple of rounds ago). Not hitting greens. Got to get the game in better shape for my top golf weekend of the year coming up in several weekends.

I'll be at Nags Head the 26th thru May 3rd....Currituck Club......Duck Woods...and Kilmarlic...the Gary Player course from hell....check it out...it's a bear....I need to get in shape for tournament season (orders from the pro
laugh.r191677.gif
)....I feel your pain about not hitting greens.....was struggling with that until yesterday, and may well struggle again next time out

Sounds like a fun trip. I don't know Nags Head very well.

I feel my game is on the verge of being in midseason form but I'm just not coming through with the right shot at the right time enough. Yesterday, I had at least 4 approaches that were within 2 feet of being perfect but ended up just missing the spot and the ball bouncing off the green leaving me a tricky chip. Good news is I'm learning my new 52 degree gap wedge and am getting better with it. Was 2 for 2 using it yesterday.

Snow I played Draper Valley just outside of wythville on Friday. Course is in great shape; get off of the fairway and the rough was gnarly ( actually had 2 cuts of rough). My first time on the course since last September (back aka old man issues) and couldn't hit a fairway. Ended up shooting 88. Hopefully get the driver squared away.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT