ADVERTISEMENT

Going to watch y’all attack Grier in November, Geno style and wonder...

I said Grier is a poor mans Geno Smith. Grier is the most overatted QB in country. He’s been exposed. His 2 year career at WVU won’t be remembered. We went 7-6 last year and 9-4 is likely this year. Skyler won more. He’s also not going to start in NFL.

I said Grier is a poor mans Geno Smith. Grier is the most overatted QB in country. He’s been exposed. His 2 year career at WVU won’t be remembered. We went 7-6 last year and 9-4 is likely this year. Skyler won more. He’s also not going to start in NFL.

Geno is a bust.

It will be tough to go 9-4 when we only played 11 games this year. Probably more like 7-4 and then loss in bowl game for 7-5 record. Question will be do we pay the buyout before the bowl or after?

Yes the offense is as it’s always been under Dana, great when we out-talent other teams and fail when we go up against a good disciplined defense. Hats off to Iowa state. They kicked our asses. But I’m not giving the defense a pass. They suck at tackling. The defensive backs are beaten often by receivers with a pulse. ISU drops 8 and our all world receivers can’t get open. We drop 8 and it looks like a cluster. We bring a delayed blitz and maybe get pressure occasionally. ISU delayed blitzes and our QB is running for his life or gets sacked. I don’t even know why I wrote all of that. I just should have said we suck again...

There were several plays where the o-line gave Grier plenty of time to throw but he held onto it way too long.

For the life of me I can't understand why he did that. Third down or not toss it away. Saving the field position is better than taking the sack.

Same sputtering offense we see every October and November. Geno’s team was way more talented than this one and even they could not buck the trend

Geno and the offense put up huge numbers in November.....

He averaged 300 yards passing in Nov 2012 and finished with 400 yards and 3 TDs on Dec 1, 2012

Oct/Nov 2012 - 20 TDs to 6 INTs for Geno

In Nov 2011, he threw for more than a 300 yard/game average as well... same with Oct 2011

Oct/Nov 2011: 16 TDs for Geno.... 4 INTs

But I mean.... just make shit up anyways

Last edited:
Reactions: GetWithTheTimesMan
Same sputtering offense we see every October and November. Geno’s team was way more talented than this one and even they could not buck the trend
Outside of the big 3 Geno stedman tavon, that team was nowhere as talented as this team. You want to blame coaching, that’s fine. I believe you are correct. But on paper, this team has way more depth and overall talent than the Orange Bowl Geno led team.

really? Early draft projections have Grier as a 1st rd pick.

Keatoncorner can we agree that Will Grier is not the god send they make him out to be and that he is a bit overatted? Good QB for sure but not as great as they make him up to be. He won’t start in NFL and won’t be a first round pick. I’d be shocked if he does. Career backup in NFL at best. He’s a poor mans Geno Smith. 4 interceptions vs Oklahoma State last year. He’s been exposed to scouts after last 2 Saturday performances as well.

Also in the 2 years he starts at WVU we went 7-6 last year and probably looking at 10-3 at best or 9-4 or worse. I know if he didn’t get hurt last year we go 9-4 more than likely but hell even Skyler Howard went 10-2 regular season before Grier. Grier will be forgotten quick after his 2 year stint at WVU that won’t win anything big. We won more with freaking Skyler. Lol.....WVU will win after Grier. Lowe will end up good or another transfer will come in and do well.

Also we need Leddie Brown and Sinkfield healthy to run better. Pettaway and McCoy are FCS RBs. Both will transfer out with Tony Mathis coming in and being behind Brown and Sinkfield. McCoy needs to move to WR. He can’t run at this level unless the hole is huge. He’s too skinny, soft. He’s only playing a little cause Sinkfield is hurt and Leddie was out last game. McCoy, Pettaway will transfer after this year. They won’t play much next year.

Keatoncorner can we agree that Will Grier is not the god send they make him out to be and that he is a bit overatted? Good QB for sure but not as great as they make him up to be. He won’t start in NFL and won’t be a first round pick. I’d be shocked if he does. Career backup in NFL at best. He’s a poor mans Geno Smith. 4 interceptions vs Oklahoma State last year. He’s been exposed to scouts after last 2 Saturday performances as well.

Also in the 2 years he starts at WVU we went 7-6 last year and probably looking at 10-3 at best or 9-4 or worse. I know if he didn’t get hurt last year we go 9-4 more than likely but hell even Skyler Howard went 10-2 regular season before Grier. Grier will be forgotten quick after his 2 year stint at WVU that won’t win anything big. We won more with freaking Skyler. Lol.....WVU will win after Grier. Lowe will end up good or another transfer will come in and do well.

Also we need Leddie Brown and Sinkfield healthy to run better. Pettaway and McCoy are FCS RBs. Both will transfer out with Tony Mathis coming in and being behind Brown and Sinkfield. McCoy needs to move to WR. He can’t run at this level unless the hole is huge. He’s too skinny, soft. He’s only playing a little cause Sinkfield is hurt and Leddie was out last game. McCoy, Pettaway will transfer after this year. They won’t play much next year.
Kind of hard to take you serious when you think WVU needs to be concentrating on recruiting West Virginia kids instead of Florida. Especially considering we don’t recruit Florida anymore. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT