ADVERTISEMENT

Get the radio lined up with TV

I don't think Mowins so bad. Becht is okay but sometimes his voice fades at the end of a sentence and you can hardly hear him. That said, more and more I'm turning the volume down or low when watching games and not listening close to the announcers, unless they're explaining a penalty or something important.

They have so much not-about-the-game-you're-watching junk and even lots of the stuff about the game you're watching is either pointless or stuff you've heard many times before. It's just a waste. I'd rather read something during the game (that doesn't take long stretches of concentration I mean, since you do have to look up every 30 seconds to see the play).

The Stills brothers Dad played in the NFL for many years and they have an expression about rushing the QB that goes "Beat you there or meet you there." Okay, that's fine, but I've heard it many times so does it help me to hear it again?

Doege is a transfer from BGSU and Neal Brown was OC at Texas Tech when his brother was QB there. Okay, again fine, but does it help me to hear it for the 20th time?

There are lots things like that that it doesn't help me to hear yet again. I'd much rather they show replays of plays and analyze who did what well, who made a mistake and why, etc. AFAIC, these broadcasts focus way to much on fluff and not near enough on the nuts and bolts of the game.

Always ok with Becht but Mowin no. They can’t use the Kendall bus analogy so they will give minute to minute updates in SEC or ACC. Gimme MSN sports network and a pause on the dvr to catch up.

I am in favor of supporting the former WVU guys that are in broadcasting like Becht and McAfee.

I will say Rasheed has improved over the years as well. I don’t know how often he does games but the WVU game he does or has done each year, he has improved year over year. When he first started, he didn’t seem comfortable on the mic and would stumble over his words occasionally when trying to make a point, which I am sure is typical for any person starting out. I hope he is getting broadcast work regularly because he has been improving to the point he now seems comfortable in the role.

I am in favor of supporting the former WVU guys that are in broadcasting like Becht and McAfee.

I will say Rasheed has improved over the years as well. I don’t know how often he does games but the WVU game he does or has done each year, he has improved year over year. When he first started, he didn’t seem comfortable on the mic and would stumble over his words occasionally when trying to make a point, which I am sure is typical for any person starting out. I hope he is getting broadcast work regularly because he has been improving to the point he now seems comfortable in the role.

I didn't even know Rasheed was in broadcasting until I saw him on a WVU game earlier this year. I thought he did really well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT