ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Georgia safety discusses his official visit to West Virginia

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Douglasville (Ga.) Douglas County 2024 safety Israel Boyce told me that the official visit to West Virginia was great and the hospitality really stood out to him. It was everything he was looking for and really exceeded his expectations. He was able to tour the campus and meet with professors while also meeting with the current players and coaching staff. He spent most of his time with safeties coach Dontae Wright, linebackers coach Jeff Koonz and secondary coach ShaDon Brown. He also was able to spend a lot of time getting to know head coach Neal Brown. He told me that he could see himself in the program but for now is still weighing his options out. He is being recruited as a safety and the coaches believe that he is similar to Aubrey Burks. He plans to head to Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina and Houston but he doesn't have any sort of set timeline for when he will make a decision except it will likely be toward the beginning of the season. He told me that overall the trip definitely helped West Virginia and while the distance from home isn't ideal it didn't bother him as much as he thought it would.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News