ADVERTISEMENT

Geno Smith free agent. Show me the money!

Cuyahoga Falls Eers

All-American
May 29, 2001
Smith completed 25 of 35 passes for 253 yards and two touchdowns with one interception in Saturday's 41-23 wild-card loss to the 49ers. He added 28 rushing yards on four carries and lost a fumble.

Considering the quality of the defense he was facing, it was a solid performance from Smith in his playoff debut, but the Seahawks' defense fell apart in the second half. The 32-year-old will head into free agency after a remarkable comeback season that saw him lead the NFL with a 69.8 percent completion rate and throw for 4.282 yards and 30 touchdowns while starting all 17 games for Seattle, and his playoff performance shouldn't dissuade a team in need of a veteran QB from offering him a big contract.

LET THE BIDDING BEGIN! CASH IN, GENO, FOR LUCKY #11 SEASON!!!! HOPEFULLY A TEAM WITH AN OFFENSIVE LINE AND A BETTER DEFENSE.

I hope Geno gets a nice paycheck but OTOH I think teams should be realistic. He's had one good season in about 10 years.

That said, I do think there's a decent chance he keeps it up because I think his success is partially him maturing and doing things right now that he's older. I mean, if it was just a matter of talent then he'd have been good long ago.

I hope Geno gets a nice paycheck but OTOH I think teams should be realistic. He's had one good season in about 10 years.

That said, I do think there's a decent chance he keeps it up because I think his success is partially him maturing and doing things right now that he's older. I mean, if it was just a matter of talent then he'd have been good long ago.
In the right offense (and Seattle's offense is good for him, even better if they develop a better running game) Geno can put these numbers up year-after-year. He throws an effortless ball. Has better than average mobility. And his accuracy (when well protected) is top 1/3 in the NFL.

Wild prediction: Tom Brady leaves the Bucs for Vegas, and Geno Smith signs on to play QB at Tampa.

Last edited:
Reactions: locustwv
If he wants to duplicate or close to what he did this season he should sign with Seattle even if its for less money. He has the system and players right there he knows he can play with. I dont think he will do as well in a brand new system. He got some grooming time in Seattle behind Russel Stover and allowed him to really hit the ground running with players he had some practice and playing time with.

On a side note, its been great to see him finally breakout in the NFL. I'm rooting for him to put up a few more seasons like that.

Reactions: HammerOfJustice
Do you have a life?

HELL, YES! 3 CHILDREN, 7 GRANDCHILDREN, 6 GREAT-GRANDCHILDREN, ALL BUT 4 WITHIN 20 MILES OF WHERE I LIVE. STOCK PORTFOLIO TO DIE FOR. TRAVEL TO 56 COUNTRIES, 44 STATES, 30+ WINTERS IN FLORIDA OF UP TO 4 MONTHS. DO YOU HAVE A LIFE, OTHER THAN PISSING IN EVERYBODY'S CEREAL?

HELL, YES! 3 CHILDREN, 7 GRANDCHILDREN, 6 GREAT-GRANDCHILDREN, ALL BUT 4 WITHIN 20 MILES OF WHERE I LIVE. STOCK PORTFOLIO TO DIE FOR. TRAVEL TO 56 COUNTRIES, 44 STATES, 30+ WINTERS IN FLORIDA OF UP TO 4 MONTHS. DO YOU HAVE A LIFE, OTHER THAN PISSING IN EVERYBODY'S CEREAL?
All those are great. But the ALL CAPS........maybe don't need it.

They pretty much announced they would franchise him if needed. Normally that sucks but that would be a huge payday considering what the top QBs make now.
Seattle also has a top 5 draft pick in addition to their own. They need to shore up their OL some more and then use the rest on a shit defense.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Top 5 QB and ought to be paid like it.

Geno has been paying for the incompetence of the Jets organization, and the racism of their fans and media, far too long.

• Haha
Reactions: WVUFanForever
They pretty much announced they would franchise him if needed. Normally that sucks but that would be a huge payday considering what the top QBs make now.
Seattle also has a top 5 draft pick in addition to their own. They need to shore up their OL some more and then use the rest on a shit defense.

They need to shore up their OL some more and then use the rest on a shit defense.

TRUEST WORDS EVER POSTED ON HERE.

He's already lived it. Do you? He's pushing 90 years old jerk off and you've always been one on here.

PAPILLION IS A WISE OBSERVER. THOSE WHO ATTACK OTHERS IN REALITY ARE ATTACKING THEMSELVES FOR THEIR OWN FLAWS AND INCOMPETENCE. I KNOW I HAVE FLAWS BUT I PUSH MORALITY, INTELLIGENCE AND HELPING THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN ME. AND KNOW THAT I AM A LUCKY COAL MINER'S SON WHO HAS HAD MORE FORTUNE, INCLUDING TRAVELING TO 56 COUNTRIES, THAN I EVER DREAMED I WOULD HAVE. 90 YEARS OLD, RELATIVELY HEALTHY, REALLY HAPPY WITH MY LIFE TODAY, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO VISITING A 57TH COUNTRY.

PAPILLION IS A WISE OBSERVER. THOSE WHO ATTACK OTHERS IN REALITY ARE ATTACKING THEMSELVES FOR THEIR OWN FLAWS AND INCOMPETENCE. I KNOW I HAVE FLAWS BUT I PUSH MORALITY, INTELLIGENCE AND HELPING THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN ME. AND KNOW THAT I AM A LUCKY COAL MINER'S SON WHO HAS HAD MORE FORTUNE, INCLUDING TRAVELING TO 56 COUNTRIES, THAN I EVER DREAMED I WOULD HAVE. 90 YEARS OLD, RELATIVELY HEALTHY, REALLY HAPPY WITH MY LIFE TODAY, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO VISITING A 57TH COUNTRY.
You are always good for a laugh. CFE = 🤡.

Please. For the love of God. Just stop posting in all caps. There's no reason for it.

don't be too hard on him; his Success depends on supporting group of O Linemen, and Wide Receivers.

Worse thing that happened to Geno was his rookie year was under Rex Ryan

Reactions: steeleer
In the right offense (and Seattle's offense is good for him, even better if they develop a better running game) Geno can put these numbers up year-after-year. He throws an effortless ball. Has better than average mobility. And his accuracy (when well protected) is top 1/3 in the NFL.

Wild prediction: Tom Brady leaves the Bucs for Vegas, and Geno Smith signs on to play QB at Tampa.
Geno Smith will stay in Seattle. He will be named a franchise player. Seattle will recruit a QB that will eventually take his place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT