ADVERTISEMENT

Gee: WVU Shouldn’t Worry About Conference Affiliation

He wasn't wrong about what he said.
As a catholic that is somewhat true when he's talking about the bishop/arch bishop level and above the upper brass in the church organization. However as a public university president, in today's world you cannot say that.

As a catholic that is somewhat true when he's talking about the bishop/arch bishop level and above the upper brass in the church organization. However as a public university president, in today's world you cannot say that.
Especially when it's about Notre Dame. But there's no need to hang and vilify someone over words spoken unless those words are continually spoken on a daily basis.

I don’t see BYU bringing any value to the Big12
Networks feel they'd bring value and in the end that's what its about.

Again, the core members may not desire expansion. But undoubtedly a successful program like BYU would get consideration if they do.

Networks feel they'd bring value and in the end that's what its about.

Again, the core members may not desire expansion. But undoubtedly a successful program like BYU would get consideration if they do.
Successful? LOL

Successful? LOL
Seems you protest too much. One thing learned in all these conference maneuverings is there are lots of plants and agenda driven posters.

No way to know what is driving your comments but its obvious you want to steer the core BIG 12 away from BYU.

I dont think the core membership cares. Theyll do whats in their best interest going forward.

Seems you protest too much. One thing learned in all these conference maneuverings is there are lots of plants and agenda driven posters.

No way to know what is driving your comments but its obvious you want to steer the core BIG 12 away from BYU.

I dont think the core membership cares. Theyll do whats in their best interest going forward.
If that's the case then byu won't be involved

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Only if you work for a network that will have Big 12 rights.
I can’t see why you are so attached to a troubled school that is going in the wrong direction. They don’t even fit the culture of the Big12. Hopefully we will be long gone before they are even thought of to even look at.

I can’t see why you are so attached to a troubled school that is going in the wrong direction. They don’t even fit the culture of the Big12. Hopefully we will be long gone before they are even thought of to even look at.
Simply looking at who networks that pay the bills seem impressed by. And teams that have been competitive with major programs and who gets decent tv ratings or have a good media presence.

I believe BYU campus codes were an issue for them before, but theyve changed those in some part. Not aware of what else makes them “ troubled”.

Dont know if youd move off of 8 core schools if you can arrange scheduling until the current deal is over in 2025, but after that if the core remains as a conference You at least need two for a CCG if those are still part of college football/ playoffs

Didn’t you learn anything from the Notre Dame and Big East fallout? Look what they are doing to ACC now.

Gee has to be thinking retirement soon. Why convey panic and make WVU look elsewhere for leadership sooner than he wants to go? He'll likely be gone before all the chips fall anyhow.

Big picture? Unless folks are happy with WVU in in the PAC (literally insane to even consider) or in the AAC (dramatic reduction in revenue) then we have 2 options. The SEC which is highly unlikely since they are hunting bigger game and the ACC.

The ACC will likely get poached and destabilized within the next few years, which will simply place WVU in a Big East 3.0 situation. Even though that will suck (again), hopefully that buys us enough time to get onto one of the 2 boats leaving the NCAA by the time this decade ends.

Gee has to be thinking retirement soon. Why convey panic and make WVU look elsewhere for leadership sooner than he wants to go? He'll likely be gone before all the chips fall anyhow.

Big picture? Unless folks are happy with WVU in in the PAC (literally insane to even consider) or in the AAC (dramatic reduction in revenue) then we have 2 options. The SEC which is highly unlikely since they are hunting bigger game and the ACC.

The ACC will likely get poached and destabilized within the next few years, which will simply place WVU in a Big East 3.0 situation. Even though that will suck (again), hopefully that buys us enough time to get onto one of the 2 boats leaving the NCAA by the time this decade ends.
Anything under 40 and WVU chances are extremely slim at getting on the boat.

Translation: "There is no indication we will have a safe landing spot in a respected conference and within a few years will probably be on the outside looking in."

Didn’t you learn anything from the Notre Dame and Big East fallout? Look what they are doing to ACC now.
LOL--BYU isn't Notre Dame. Notre Dame is a top level blue chip A list program--the top independent that every network clamors for.

BYU has maintained a usually good program but there's no comparison to Notre Dame. ND can make demands like partial membership due to their status.

BYU --looking to get into a more power situation and will do as that conference directs--or they'll be passed over as they've experienced.

If the reason you don't like them is because you think they are Notre Dame? Explains alot.

Translation: "There is no indication we will have a safe landing spot in a respected conference and within a few years will probably be on the outside looking in."
I think what he is saying is "all of the 8 core members are going to stay in the BIG 12 as long as necessary to collect the massive $$ owed by the networks and OU/UT. Once that money is in the bank, then other moves will be happening over the next few years and WVU is aware and understands they'll have a solid landing spot."

They think they are like Notre Dame, and therefore act like them. See MWC days. But I know you will put a spin on that too. So don't bother.

They think they are like Notre Dame, and therefore act like them. See MWC days. But I know you will put a spin on that too. So don't bother.
The BIG 12 isn't the MWC. No spin required.

BYU isn't going to get special treatment in any power conference, even one with 8 members.

But there's no discussion of serious expansion right now with the core members so its probably a moot point anyway. Still, if they ever do decide to add schools then BYU would have to be one of the higher options. Outside of location there's really not much in the negative.

The BIG 12 isn't the MWC. No spin required.

BYU isn't going to get special treatment in any power conference, even one with 8 members.

But there's no discussion of serious expansion right now with the core members so its probably a moot point anyway. Still, if they ever do decide to add schools then BYU would have to be one of the higher options. Outside of location there's really not much in the negative.
yep you did spin it. byu is all negative.

yep you did spin it. byu is all negative.
What's the spin? You are the one claiming the BIG 12 is the MWC and BYU is ND.

Tired of you trolls with some agenda. Why don't you just come out and say who you are here for and what your end game is and stop wasting time and playing games?

IMO--if the BIG 12 core stay together and expand they will absolutely, nearly guaranteed, consider BYU.

Doesn't matter if you do not like it. Who cares? Everything is open for negotiation now.

What's the spin? You are the one claiming the BIG 12 is the MWC and BYU is ND.

Tired of you trolls with some agenda. Why don't you just come out and say who you are here for and what your end game is and stop wasting time and playing games?

IMO--if the BIG 12 core stay together and expand they will absolutely, nearly guaranteed, consider BYU.

Doesn't matter if you do not like it. Who cares? Everything is open for negotiation now.
Not a troll, and usually you have some interesting info. But it might surprise you that some schools are not interested in byu.

And I said before, if we stick it out with the Big12, the conference will come east not west. Plenty of others schools with more upside than them.

Not a troll, and usually you have some interesting info. But it might surprise you that some schools are not interested in byu.

And I said before, if we stick it out with the Big12, the conference will come east not west. Plenty of others schools with more upside than them.
Only the schools themselves know if they are interested in expansion or BYU.

You seem to be the usual anonymous agenda driven poster trying to push a certain outcome.

The only thing that is going to matter if the core 8 do stick together (unknown) is that they bring in schools that will help them drive numbers to get their pay back in line with the Arkansas', Missouri's, South Carolina's, Kentucky's, Vanderbilt's, Mississippi and Mississippi State's etc. The core 8 aren't less valuable than those schools yet are being presented as such in the media.

So they have to do what they can to boost their perceived value when the time comes.

BYU has a well regarded program that has won an MNC and has been competitive against P5 competition over the years, has nice facilities in a nice market and has a substantial third tier outlet as well.

In terms of "eastern" programs--Cincinnati seems like a winner with their fairly sustained success--who else? Memphis is fairly new to the game and already shows signs of struggling. UCF has had some very good football lately, but its declining a bit much like Memphis with coaching changes.

Really comes down to who can pull in the eyeballs and who network/media partners find attractive. BYU has some national branding already so that doesn't hurt them.

Most success BYU has had was under Lavelle Edwards 1972-2000

257–101–3 .716

What national branding does BYU have?

Ones who don't learn from past mistakes, tend to make them again and again. I don't think WVU will go through this again. I think they finally learned.

I don't think it's a matter of what was learned or not. This time around it's more about politics.

Ones who don't learn from past mistakes, tend to make them again and again. I don't think WVU will go through this again. I think they finally learned.
Not getting your point.

A- what past “ mistakes” are you referencing?

B- what options are you presenting for WVU exactly?

Heard the same.
WVU is right in there with the 8.
Tech/KU are the ones beings watched

Or Gee is playing it smart and sitting in the circle but talking to his other girls later in the ACC.
If that is the case he cannot complain about what Texas and OU did

Who did you hear that from 😂

Reactions: KingCoal
LOL--BYU isn't Notre Dame. Notre Dame is a top level blue chip A list program--the top independent that every network clamors for.

BYU has maintained a usually good program but there's no comparison to Notre Dame. ND can make demands like partial membership due to their status.

BYU --looking to get into a more power situation and will do as that conference directs--or they'll be passed over as they've experienced.

If the reason you don't like them is because you think they are Notre Dame? Explains alot.
You have got to be freaking joking right?

I‘ve driven around Colorado City, AZ. I got chatted up by a well-dressed man outside the Salt Lake Temple. I walked into and explored BYU’s stadium in Provo. Shocking.
I lived in California for some time. They have a presence there. Some cities in California were started by Mormons
Not uncommon to see them riding their bikes in white shirts and a tie wanting to talk about the Church of LDS.
Don’t see this as much as you go East . Never really see them in Houston

Reactions: Beechurst
Ive been to a game at BYU— Provo is a beautiful area and there wasnt any cultish anything around Salt Lake City area or BYU.

So what you see here is people coming here to once again influence the WVU fanbase and WVU leadership eventually into not wanting to be associated with certain schools using bias against them to try to influence an outcome that these posters want or are being paid to promote (or were built/programmed to promote).

For a decade these influencers have been all over the internet trolling WVU and the BIG 12 conference. They succeeded in taking out OU/UT which was their ultimate goal. Now they are trying to stear you --WVU fans--into believing a G5 future is what WVU should accept and not only that--which G5 schools WVU fans (and ultimately WVU leadership) should accept being associated with.

Up to you WVU fans what you do with it--we have seen the results though of doing nothing in the not too distant past when WVU fans were convinced that doing nothing when expansion was possible was in their best interest. But it was really in someone else's. But you had so many buying right into the influencers agenda--and now we see the final results--Texas and OU long gone. Before the "that wasn't going to hold them" b.s. remember--OKLAHOMA was the primary driver behind the drive for expansion and a conference network. If they had gotten enough support? You never know.

Now, just as I told many and was attacked for back then--OU and UT are gone and now WVU might face a conference future with the same programs the influencers convinced you were "unworthy".

And now, they are trying to steer WVU into the AAC (or worse) for a fraction of the value WVU brings.

So what you see here is people coming here to once again influence the WVU fanbase and WVU leadership eventually into not wanting to be associated with certain schools using bias against them to try to influence an outcome that these posters want or are being paid to promote (or were built/programmed to promote).

For a decade these influencers have been all over the internet trolling WVU and the BIG 12 conference. They succeeded in taking out OU/UT which was their ultimate goal. Now they are trying to stear you --WVU fans--into believing a G5 future is what WVU should accept and not only that--which G5 schools WVU fans (and ultimately WVU leadership) should accept being associated with.

Up to you WVU fans what you do with it--we have seen the results though of doing nothing in the not too distant past when WVU fans were convinced that doing nothing when expansion was possible was in their best interest. But it was really in someone else's. But you had so many buying right into the influencers agenda--and now we see the final results--Texas and OU long gone. Before the "that wasn't going to hold them" b.s. remember--OKLAHOMA was the primary driver behind the drive for expansion and a conference network. If they had gotten enough support? You never know.

Now, just as I told many and was attacked for back then--OU and UT are gone and now WVU might face a conference future with the same programs the influencers convinced you were "unworthy".

And now, they are trying to steer WVU into the AAC (or worse) for a fraction of the value WVU brings.
Texas and Oklahoma made a business decision. They left for the sec because they can make more more money. Its a better conference and its more stable. The people on message boards had no say in their decision. If wvu was offered a spot in the Big 10 or Sec they would bolt in a second regardless of whether Texas or Oklahoma had remained.

Texas and Oklahoma made a business decision. They left for the sec because they can make more more money. Its a better conference and its more stable. The people on message boards had no say in their decision. If wvu was offered a spot in the Big 10 or Sec they would bolt in a second regardless of whether Texas or Oklahoma had remained.

We literally just witnessed fake social media messaging cause lunatics to try to overthrow the government of the United States after the last national election--yet people like you are still trying to pretend social media has no influence?!?! in what universe exactly?

Texas and Oklahoma could have left any day of the week. Could have left any year. Just a few years back OU was trying to get the conference to expand and add a conference network. And social media trolls came in, proclaimed no value, don't associate with this or that school, BIG 12 doesn't need to do anything--if you do anything OU/UT will leave. People such as yourself were all too eager to jump on the train and promote the ideas that the BIG 12 couldn't, shouldn't do anything, no schools have any value-and bash anyone that thought differently--and now the results are clear--absolute disaster.

The only thing that made the BIG 12 "unstable" is people coming onto every message board for years on end proclaiming it was unstable while they convinced the fanbases--and through the fanbases, the leadership of OU and Texas that they should be with someone else.

Now, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and others will reap the rewards of the value of those schools. You'll never see them supporting that Alabama could do better i.e. in the Big Ten or something like that.

And to top it off, now trolls are coming in to try to stear WVU et al into the G5 at G5 wages and tell fans which schools to associate with or not. Just sad how the sheep follow.

Last edited:
What fake social media?
People on message boards, twitter etc spreading disinformation and lies with an agenda behind it- just like you- that convinces enough people to take or not take actions you ( or handlers) do or dont want them to take.

We literally just witnessed fake social media messaging cause lunatics to try to overthrow the government of the United States after the last national election--yet people like you are still trying to pretend social media has no influence?!?! in what universe exactly?

Texas and Oklahoma could have left any day of the week. Could have left any year. Just a few years back OU was trying to get the conference to expand and add a conference network. And social media trolls came in, proclaimed no value, don't associate with this or that school, BIG 12 doesn't need to do anything--if you do anything OU/UT will leave. People such as yourself were all too eager to jump on the train and promote the ideas that the BIG 12 couldn't, shouldn't do anything, no schools have any value-and bash anyone that thought differently--and now the results are clear--absolute disaster.

The only thing that made the BIG 12 "unstable" is people coming onto every message board for years on end proclaiming it was unstable while they convinced the fanbases--and through the fanbases, the leadership of OU and Texas that they should be with someone else.

Now, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and others will reap the rewards of the value of those schools. You'll never see them supporting that Alabama could do better i.e. in the Big Ten or something like that.

And to top it off, now trolls are coming in to try to stear WVU et al into the G5 at G5 wages and tell fans which schools to associate with or not. Just sad how the sheep follow.

John Skipper, former ESPN CEO was just on a podcast and said OU/TX will make $20-$40 million MORE per year going to SEC and the amount will grow over time.

That's what it is about, and staying at the top of college football.

I will do a rundown of what said when I am more time later.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees

If people on message boards and Twitter had any effect on this, Clemson and Florida St. would be in the big 12, North Carolina and Virginia would be in the Big Ten, Texas and Oklahoma would be in the Pac 12, etc.

Reactions: Jason Voorhees
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT