ADVERTISEMENT

From The Hill (publication) ABC's Terry Moran - Trump speech had anti-semitic overtones

WVPATX

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
WTF??????? Clearly, an unbiased media in action. When a corrupt reporter believes he or she will hear something racist or bigoted, they will, regardless of what is said.

ABC journalist Terry Moran on Friday said President Trump's inaugural address used a ”loaded term" that carried "overtones from the 1930s, when an anti-Semitic movement” blamed Jews for global problems.

Moran, ABC’s chief foreign correspondent, said Trump's America-first rhetoric carries "ugly echoes in our history."

"It's a loaded term in American history," argued Moran. "Now, he defined it here as total allegiance to the United States of America, and it is something, as [anchor] Cecilia [Vega] said, this is why he was sent here by people who want to hear that message of America first.

"However, it carries with it overtones from the 1930s, when an anti-Semitic movement [said], ‘We don't want to get involved in Europe's war. It's the Jews’ fault in Germany!’ Charles Lindbergh led them.”

A few facts for Mr. Moran:

1. Trump inauguration included the first benediction from an Orthodox Rabbi ever
2. It also had the first Jewish prayer since Ronald Reagan's second inauguration.
3. Rabbi Marvin Hier, who delivered the prayer is the head of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles (I think he knows anti-semiticism better than Terry Moran).
4. Trump's daughter, Ivanka, converted to Orthodox Judaism before she married Jared Kushner in 2009. Trump declared that he was glad about her decision.
5. Trump has been a vocal supporter of Israel, including his intention of moving the American Embassy to Jerusalem.

Last edited:
Reactions: atlkvb
Classic media sensationalism!! While "America First" was used by some anti-semites prior to WW2, the reporting is blowing this completely out of context.

what a complete load of bs...

the first prayer was by a rabbi... and the Israelis were jubilant...

Reactions: atlkvb
Classic media sensationalism!! While "America First" was used by some anti-semites prior to WW2, the reporting is blowing this completely out of context.

Trump ran on an America First message. What he said today is consistent with his entire campaign. He won because of that message. For a media figure to tie it now to anti-semiticism is absurd in the extreme. And it show just how corrupt the main stream media hs become. They know exactly what they are trying to accomplish.

Reactions: atlkvb and va87eer
Trump ran on an America First message. What he said today is consistent with his entire campaign. He won because of that message. For a media figure to tie it now to anti-semiticism is absurd in the extreme. And it show just how corrupt the main stream media hs become. They know exactly what they are trying to accomplish.

I think it would be best if folks just stopped watching them. I have.

The only time I hear about their shenanigans is if one my fellow Mountaineers points it out in this forum, or I run across it through Twitter or surfing internet news websites and someone else upset over their bias points it out.

Otherwise, I know what I'm going to get, and not going to get if one of the main news broadcasters is providing information.

They lie with the Truth. Nothing they report is ever factually complete or totally objective. They always have an agenda, and they typically hate Republicans.

Now why do I need to listen to or watch anything they do?

I think it would be best if folks just stopped watching them. I have.

The only time I hear about their shenanigans is if one my fellow Mountaineers points it out in this forum, or I run across it through Twitter or surfing internet news websites and someone else upset over their bias points it out.

Otherwise, I know what I'm going to get, and not going to get if one of the main news broadcasters is providing information.

They lie with the Truth. Nothing they report is ever factually complete or totally objective. They always have an agenda, and they typically hate Republicans.

Now why do I need to listen to or watch anything they do?

I was listening to POTUS radio on Sirius. They were talking about Republican leadership debating whether or not to use that term and many in leadership were hoping Trump would back off of it. Frankly I was born in 1962 and I had no idea that America First was used by an anti Jewish group

I was listening to POTUS radio on Sirius. They were talking about Republican leadership debating whether or not to use that term and many in leadership were hoping Trump would back off of it. Frankly I was born in 1962 and I had no idea that America First was used by an anti Jewish group

I don't think there is any way Trump was using this as an anti-semitic slur. To suggest so, as Moran did, was journalistic malpractice. Trump campaigned on becoming POTUS that would focus on what's best for America, not on wiping out other races.

Not sure how powerful Trump's America will be with only 1/3 of the population behind him. On top of that, they've already been exposed as the "low output" U.S. citizens. Trump's plan is to take on the world with the derelicts and imbeciles who do the least to support their country and economy. Great plan Donnie.

I don't think there is any way Trump was using this as an anti-semitic slur. To suggest so, as Moran did, was journalistic malpractice. Trump campaigned on becoming POTUS that would focus on what's best for America, not on wiping out other races.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that he was made aware of the prior use of the term and elected to use it anyway. According to the commentators, McCain wanted to use America First in his campaign and backed away from it because of the prior use

WTF??????? Clearly, an unbiased media in action. When a corrupt reporter believes he or she will hear something racist or bigoted, they will, regardless of what is said.

ABC journalist Terry Moran on Friday said President Trump's inaugural address used a ”loaded term" that carried "overtones from the 1930s, when an anti-Semitic movement” blamed Jews for global problems.

Moran, ABC’s chief foreign correspondent, said Trump's America-first rhetoric carries "ugly echoes in our history."

"It's a loaded term in American history," argued Moran. "Now, he defined it here as total allegiance to the United States of America, and it is something, as [anchor] Cecilia [Vega] said, this is why he was sent here by people who want to hear that message of America first.

"However, it carries with it overtones from the 1930s, when an anti-Semitic movement [said], ‘We don't want to get involved in Europe's war. It's the Jews’ fault in Germany!’ Charles Lindbergh led them.”

A few facts for Mr. Moran:

1. Trump inauguration included the first benediction from an Orthodox Rabbi ever
2. It also had the first Jewish prayer since Ronald Reagan's second inauguration.
3. Rabbi Marvin Hier, who delivered the prayer is the head of the Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles (I think he knows anti-semiticism better than Terry Moran).
4. Trump's daughter, Ivanka, converted to Orthodox Judaism before she married Jared Kushner in 2009. Trump declared that he was glad about her decision.
5. Trump has been a vocal supporter of Israel, including his intention of moving the American Embassy to Jerusalem.
Trump can only hope reports like this surface continually over the next 4 years.

Reactions: TarHeelEer
I guess the point I was trying to make is that he was made aware of the prior use of the term and elected to use it anyway. According to the commentators, McCain wanted to use America First in his campaign and backed away from it because of the prior use
Failing to stand strong but instead caving on every PC issue is one reason why an upstart beat McCain.

I don't think Trump's speech was intentionally anything more than a bunch of populalist "big talk" whichi he ran his whole campaign on. Problem is when you throw out certain terms in such a vague manner that he does, different people and different group of people interpret the meaning differently. It is in the perception and why you see a whole range of analysis from great praise to others being very critical and calling it unAmerican. Wingnuts and fools like these trolls on this board will turn it into more media hate. I support the media to make the public aware of the differing perspectives as long as they are honest about it and I haven't seen anything contrary to that point.

I don't think Trump's speech was intentionally anything more than a bunch of populalist "big talk" whichi he ran his whole campaign on. Problem is when you throw out certain terms in such a vague manner that he does, different people and different group of people interpret the meaning differently. It is in the perception and why you see a whole range of analysis from great praise to others being very critical and calling it unAmerican. Wingnuts and fools like these trolls on this board will turn it into more media hate. I support the media to make the public aware of the differing perspectives as long as they are honest about it and I haven't seen anything contrary to that point.
I can agree with much of the sentiments of your post. But to say "America First" is anti Semitic is too much. It's nationalist. But anti Semitic?

Problem is when you throw out certain terms in such a vague manner that he does, different people and different group of people interpret the meaning differently

Snowflakes will be snowflakes. They are to be ignored from now on.

I love the media doing this. Ole 12 year old boy looking Rachel Maddow on MSNBC said his speech sounded like a Nazi speech. They truly don't get it and are making Trump look better each day

I love the media doing this. Ole 12 year old boy looking Rachel Maddow on MSNBC said his speech sounded like a Nazi speech. They truly don't get it and are making Trump look better each day

Chrissy, tingle up my leg Matthews, thought Trump sound like Hitler. MSNBC is surely the win in over the top rhetoric yesterday. But CNN was a close second. CBS with Pelley and Schieffer were pretty close. And of course, Terry Moran with Trump is anti-Semitic (I wonder if he wore his white hood to his daughter's orthodox Jewish wedding)?

I can agree with much of the sentiments of your post. But to say "America First" is anti Semitic is too much. It's nationalist. But anti Semitic?
I don't interpret in that manner either. Maybe because I am not jewish or anti semetic and to be perfectly honest, I am mostly ignorant when it comes to either of those groups. But supposedbly there is some history of that phrase to be anti-semetic. I can't speak intelligently on the details so I won't.

Here's where I disagree. Trump has been using language just like this for his entire campaign. Why Moran thought he would change it for his inaugural is beyond me. He knows full well, Trump was not using it as a dog whistle to anti-semitics. We all know what Trump means. America will come first in all actions that he takes. Trade, foreign affairs, immigration, etc. Everyone watching TV yesterday except for the corrupt Terry Moran and ABC knew exactly what he meant.

At first the main stream media tried to claim that Trump's slogan of "Make America Great Again" was racist. But then, after a while, someone found that Billy Clinton used that slogan as well. So out the window goes the racism charge.

Chrissy, tingle up my leg Matthews, thought Trump sound like Hitler. MSNBC is surely the win in over the top rhetoric yesterday. But CNN was a close second. CBS with Pelley and Schieffer were pretty close. And of course, Terry Moran with Trump is anti-Semitic (I wonder if he wore his white hood to his daughter's orthodox Jewish wedding)?

PAX do you honestly think any of them really feels "sorry" for all of the alleged abuse Israel is suffering listening to Trump?

They'd probably all just as soon see Israel, Christians, and the stupid phony Bible they both read and believe in all get swept away into the Sea never to be seen or heard from again.

Who are they kidding?

PAX do you honestly think any of them really feels "sorry" for all of the alleged abuse Israel is suffering listening to Trump?

They'd probably all just as soon see Israel, Christians, and the stupid phony Bible they both read and believe in all get swept away into the Sea never to be seen or heard from again.

Who are they kidding?

There is no doubt in my mind that many liberals would love nothing more than to see Christianity and Judaism disappear.

There is no doubt in my mind that many liberals would love nothing more than to see Christianity and Judaism disappear.

Damn skippy...and if they're honest with themselves the sooner that happens the better for them.

Most of 'em will lie and say "that's not true"...but their rhetoric against either should be enough to make you skeptical they're being honest.

I don't interpret in that manner either. Maybe because I am not jewish or anti semetic and to be perfectly honest, I am mostly ignorant when it comes to either of those groups. But supposedbly there is some history of that phrase to be anti-semetic. I can't speak intelligently on the details so I won't.
Don’t you think you would know it if the issue was legit? When someone calls a black man “boy” no one has to tell us that’s racist. If the world has to be educated on the history of a phrase in order to be offended then it’s probably not legit.

Don’t you think you would know it if the issue was legit? When someone calls a black man “boy” no one has to tell us that’s racist. If the world has to be educated on the history of a phrase in order to be offended then it’s probably not legit.

See it's all about "intent". Any day here in Atlanta you can hear African Americans calling themselves the "N" word. But if you Cajuneer do that, you're a Racist!

So if I call one of my homies "boy" it's cool. No derogatory "intent"....no P.C. "hate speech". understand?

But if YOU call me "boy", and I perceive you are being "hateful" according to the Left, you'd go to jail after being prosecuted for "hate speech", or you'd get your ass kicked by an angry Black Man.

See Cajuneer to the Left, it's all about what you really mean to say when you say what you meant if what you mean to say is really what you meant when you said it the way it sounds to me which doesn't really matter what you actually meant to say when you said it because it means something different to me when you said it.

Got it?

Leftist thought police on full display in above example.

See it's all about "intent". Any day here in Atlanta you can hear African Americans calling themselves the "N" word. But if you Cajuneer do that, you're a Racist!

So if I call one of my homies "boy" it's cool. No derogatory "intent"....no P.C. "hate speech". understand?

But if YOU call me "boy", and I perceive you are being "hateful" according to the Left, you'd go to jail after being prosecuted for "hate speech", or you'd get your ass kicked by an angry Black Man.

See Cajuneer to the Left, it's all about what you really mean to say when you say what you meant if what you mean to say is really what you meant when you said it the way it sounds to me which doesn't really matter what you actually meant to say when you said it because it means something different to me when you said it.

Got it?

Leftist thought police on full display in above example.
Agree, except I’d win the fight. [winking]

Oh, I believe it is legit. It is very well documented. I just don't have a depth of knowledge on it nor when someone uses that phrase, it isn't the first thing in my mind. One has to think outside of their own bubble in order for somethings to make sense. I believe this is one of those cases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT