ADVERTISEMENT

From McAfee, who knows the truth

Or this from ESPN at the time:

"Magee also told Post-Gazette staff writer Chuck Finder that West Virginia athletic director Ed Pastilong, after receiving an inquiry from the Black Coaches Association about minority candidates for the head coaching position, told Magee on Dec. 21 that an interview "wouldn't mean much." Magee said that he replied that he had no interest in "a meaningless interview."...........

They agree on one thing: that Pastilong had no interest in Magee as a head coach.

Pastilong didn't know that Magee had been told he had no chance at the job. All he knew was that he had seen Magee in Ann Arbor. Surely, if Magee believed that he would be a serious candidate at West Virginia, he would have put a move to Michigan on hold.

Pastilong, to his credit, acceded to Magee's request that he be allowed to coach his offense in the Fiesta Bowl.

Magee, to his credit, put aside his disappointment in his old employer and his duties with his new one. He prepared the Mountaineers well enough that they racked up 525 yards in only 58 snaps in a 48-28 rout of Oklahoma.

And yet no one at WVU asked Magee to reconsider. It is unusual that an African-American coordinator didn't become a serious candidate on his own campus, especially in an age when athletic departments hire consultants to find qualified minority candidates.

West Virginia hired consultant Chuck Neinas, who arranged for university administrators to have a phone conversation with Illinois offensive coordinator Mike Locksley, an African-American. Locksley told the Chicago Tribune that the call came to gauge his interest and that he never heard from West Virginia again.

Jennifer McIntosh, the executive director of the WVU Office of Social Justice, told the Post-Gazette that the coaching search had been conducted properly. When Finder informed her that the Black Coaches Association had recommended Magee, a minority candidate already on campus, McIntosh said, "Who? I don't know anything about [Magee]."

And from the Times WV at the time, here is how Magee characterized the situation:

Magee said Wednesday the entire situation is being misinterpreted.

“This is being {made} out to be a racial claim by the early reports. I’ve never made a racial ’claim,”’ Magee said. “I listed some facts that occurred. How it is interpreted is up to the interpreter. Some facts that I stated in preparing for the bowl game. Some treatments by the president, some treatments by the athletic director. That’s what I did. How it was printed and how it was relayed, it’s just the facts.

“I was saying what happened and I didn’t think any employee should be treated that way. That’s why you haven’t heard much from me. I was hoping the social justice department would do what they’re there to do.”

And from the Oklahoman at the time regarding the specific person supposedly accused:

"
Jennifer McIntosh, executive director of the Office of Social Justice, did not return several telephone messages about the status of her investigation. University officials have not said when or whether her report will be released.

Magee indicated he told McIntosh that Aschebrook "had nothing to do with this," and that Magee's complaint was about treatment from athletic director Ed Pastilong and WVU President Mike Garrison.
Magee indicated he had received a letter from McIntosh "telling me that I'm a liar."
Brown said Thursday he had no knowledge of the letter or its contents.

Magee has talked with McIntosh several times, Brown said, adding that Magee "has been very honest and has explained in detail each of the incidences and identified witnesses to the incidences, and I believe Jennifer McIntosh has spoken to those witnesses and verified Calvin's facts that he stated."

Must be a lot of racist schools out there. Cause nobody was beating down his door to hire him. He would have been another failed experiment like your boy Holgy. Go make up some more stories bucksuck. But do it on another board.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
So you posted articles that were written from his perspective ONLY. I see you ran from the WVU associates testimony that blasted your whining racist remarks away.

Pittsburgh Post and Oklahoma newspapers? Wondering how fair and balanced they were back then?

Something tells me this new attack on WVU would not of happened if the team lost the bowl game. You would still be on the Fire Brown bandwagon.

Must be a lot of racist schools out there. Cause nobody was beating down his door to hire him. He would have been another failed experiment like your boy Holgy. Go make up some more stories bucksuck. But do it on another board.
This.
We talk about how WVU will take coaches that nobody else wants. And here is a prime example. He was never mentioned to be a HC anywhere yet WVU overlooked him because of his race. GTFO Bucky. You’ve been exposed...

Reactions: WVUALLEN and Euell
One more thing. You claimed that WVU hired someone less qualified than McGee? Didn’t Bill Stewart have head coaching experience? McGee, not so much.

Michigan fired RichRod. McGee not a candidate or hired. University of Michigan is racist.

Arizona dismissed RichRod. McGee not a candidate or hired. Arizona is racist.

McGee hired at Pitt. Coach was fired after one year. McGee not a candidate or hired. Pitt is racist (along with a boatload of other things).

McGee was hired for one year at New Mexico. Wasn’t considered for the head coaching position. New Mexico is racist.

The most baffling move of all:
McGee gets hired at the University of Mississippi. He applied, interviewed and accepted a job at a known racist university that for decades flew the Confederate flag and to the day, uses the Rebels as their mascot. The Rebels which was what they called the Confederate Army that fought and died to keep blacks as slaves.

You don’t want to compare the sides that the state of West Virginia and Ole Miss fought on do you?

Kind of makes you want to sit back and say hmmmmm.

Calls WVU racist then gets a job for a school that celebrates and embraces racism.

I think you are done here.

One more thing. You claimed that WVU hired someone less qualified than McGee? Didn’t Bill Stewart have head coaching experience? McGee, not so much.

Michigan fired RichRod. McGee not a candidate or hired. University of Michigan is racist.

Arizona dismissed RichRod. McGee not a candidate or hired. Arizona is racist.

McGee hired at Pitt. Coach was fired after one year. McGee not a candidate or hired. Pitt is racist (along with a boatload of other things).

McGee was hired for one year at New Mexico. Wasn’t considered for the head coaching position. New Mexico is racist.

The most baffling move of all:
McGee gets hired at the University of Mississippi. He applied, interviewed and accepted a job at a known racist university that for decades flew the Confederate flag and to the day, uses the Rebels as their mascot. The Rebels which was what they called the Confederate Army that fought and died to keep blacks as slaves.

You don’t want to compare the sides that the state of West Virginia and Ole Miss fought on do you?

Kind of makes you want to sit back and say hmmmmm.

Calls WVU racist then gets a job for a school that celebrates and embraces racism.

I think you are done here.

That was quite beat down you just laid on Buck. I fear he may never recover.

Reactions: Euell
Well, he used Calvin McGee to set up the race card. He spent time he should have been preparing for Pitt and was interviewing with Michigan instead. He destroyed reams of records from his time here which affected transition. I can probably think of more, but I'm not bored enough.
Tried to get out of paying his buy out.

Arizona starting to look good under him and he had a great QB for his system.

We can see now that Michigan isn't an easy place to win big.

He is a good coach. I just read he might be an assistant for Terry Bowden? WTF...

He might have one more HC job left in him.

Scuz Bag PricRod failed in his attempt to recruit Terrell Pryor to Michigan.
Gibson was involved with that Scum.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT