ADVERTISEMENT

Fraudulent callers on B12 conference call

CAJUNEER

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
“Monday’s Big 12 coaches teleconference featured some controversy. During Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy’s time, “fraudulent” callers — according to the moderator — got on the line and pressed Gundy on his decision last week to not allow reporters to ask OSU players about the transfer of Cowboys receiver Jalen McCleskey with the threat of no more player interviews if someone did ask.

“‘Congratulations on the victory,’the first caller said. ‘I thought you brought up a really interesting point after the game on Saturday. You said people focusing on the wrong things is what’s kind of driving this country into the ground. What other aspects of people doing their jobs do you have a problem with.’

“Gundy responded, ‘I’m not sure I understand the question.’

“The next caller asked about McClaskey’s status moving forward.

“‘Jalen McClaskey is transferring,’ Gundy said. ‘I thought everybody knew that.’

“The final of the “fraudulent” calls came from a reporter who identified himself from the Stillwater Tribune — which does not exist.

“‘Hey, Mike. Good morning to you man. I know it’s been a frustrating seven days or so, which I don’t really think is right because you all played a heck of a game on Saturday,’ the called said. ‘It seems like a lot of these reporters don’t have any respect for your unwarranted petulance and I, for one, can’t believe they’d have the nerve to do their jobs and not [give in] to your empty threats. I guess what I’m really saying is it’s 2018. Do we really even need freedom of the press anymore?’

“Gundy refused to take the bait.

“‘I’m not sure what you’re asking,’ he replied.”

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sport...cle_0651d0da-ba93-51e3-9466-d4bdb3ba0b4d.html

You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

When T Boone wants to know what is going on you tell him.
You go to his office and pet his green parrott and call him bossman

Reactions: CAJUNEER
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT