ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Four-star LB discusses West Virginia official visit

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Kannapolis (N.C.) Brown linebacker Torren Wright told me that the trip to West Virginia was very nice and he really liked getting the opportunity to finally come up and talk to the coaching staff in person instead of over zoom calls. He said the whole trip stood out to him and he liked the scenery in Morgantown as well as just getting to know the players and coaches. The Mountaineers see him as a WILL linebacker at the next level and really like what he can do with his versatility and athleticism. Wright said one of the highlights of the trip was being able to go to Coach Neal Brown's house and swim as well as hang out with the other players there. Linebackers coach Jeff Koonz is the lead recruiter here and it was his first time really getting to spend some time with him in person which really was a highlight. He told me that one thing he took away was how close the players are and it felt really brother like. West Virginia, Duke and North Carolina State are the top three here and he said each of those have been consistent in recruiting him. He will take an unofficial to N.C. State Tuesday and will head to Duke on an official visit at the end of the month. Right now, he wants to try to make a decision as soon as possible but told me that this trip certainly helped West Virginia and it's going to be a place that's definitely going to be one he looks into when it comes time to make a decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News