ADVERTISEMENT

Found a new sports outlet: Formula 1

They have the most resources...worth $1.3B. And its Ferrari. They need to find some drivers though. Leclerc and Sainz are very good. They should finish Top 3 as a team. Everything will be up for grabs once Hamilton starts slipping. Right now its hard to surpass him.
New this year is the cost cap, that’s somewhat of an equalizer. I’m still all in on McLaren.

Mercedes has had the biggest budget in F-1 for several years.....plus all teams are now facing a cost cap.
You may be correct regarding the budget, but Ferrari's team is worth the most. They are worth $1.3B while the Mercedes team is worth $1B. Again, not to say you're wrong. You sound like you definitely know what you're talking about. I was just using a different metric.

You may be correct regarding the budget, but Ferrari's team is worth the most. They are worth $1.3B while the Mercedes team is worth $1B. Again, not to say you're wrong. You sound like you definitely know what you're talking about. I was just using a different metric.
Ferrari is still the biggest name in F-1. They will get back to the top....they just have to get the right people in place.
You think Hamilton might retire or move on? I think Verstappen has a great chance at taking the championship this year........that is .....if he keeps he head screwed on right.

Ferrari is still the biggest name in F-1. They will get back to the top....they just have to get the right people in place.
You think Hamilton might retire or move on? I think Verstappen has a great chance at taking the championship this year........that is .....if he keeps he head screwed on right.
I think Verstappen takes it this year. Secretly rooting for him.

He's 36. He doesn't seem to be slowing down too much though. But someone has to overtake him at some point...if not this year then next. I think Verstappen is the obvious choice as to who would be the guy to do it...especially since they're virtually tied in the standings.

Reactions: bornaneer
He's 36. He doesn't seem to be slowing down too much though. But someone has to overtake him at some point...if not this year then next. I think Verstappen is the obvious choice as to who would be the guy to do it...especially since they're virtually tied in the standings.
Well shit man, we’re 2 races in. Lot of racing left to go for the year.

Money spent doesnt equal wins though. Hamilton is dominant because he drives the best car. There are 8 F1 drivers or more who would win in his car. All of those guys are awesome drivers. At all levels of racing money and driver talen take a back seat to who sets up the car and the tricks used to beat the rest.

Money spent doesnt equal wins though. Hamilton is dominant because he drives the best car. There are 8 F1 drivers or more who would win in his car. All of those guys are awesome drivers. At all levels of racing money and driver talen take a back seat to who sets up the car and the tricks used to beat the rest.
Sure.....there are other drivers that would do well in his ride.........he is still the best driver....hands down. That became apparent when he drove for McLaren as the second driver behind Alonso..........he quickly showed why he is the best.

Sure.....there are other drivers that would do well in his ride.........he is still the best driver....hands down. That became apparent when he drove for McLaren as the second driver behind Alonso..........he quickly showed why he is the best.
I agree he is a great driver. I wouldnt say he is the best but he will be remembered as the top driver of his era. It is rare that the guys who dominate are the best drivers. They have to he good to win but great teams are what dominate eras. Its why Nascar shifted seemlessly from Gordon to Jimmy Johnson. Hendricks was the best team by far. Both Gordon and JJ are among the best Ive seen. A lit of folks will tell you that Kenny Schrader was the best driver of his era though. He didnt win a ton of races, at least not in Nascar. He won a shitload of races at tracks all over America when his equipment was on par with the competition.

Reactions: bornaneer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT