ADVERTISEMENT

Ford & Chevy

roadtrasheer

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 10, 2016
Parkersburg
Are bringing back the bronco & the blazer & I can't wait to see them . I will be buying the bronco in '18 .
Anyone else keep up with this stuff ?

I always wanted a bronco or a jeep but seems life always got in the way . This new bronco sorta looks like the early 70's & it's gonna be built on a true frame

Are bringing back the bronco & the blazer & I can't wait to see them . I will be buying the bronco in '18 .

I used to have a Bronco ... holy cow was it ever a POS, but I loved it. :) Replaced the engine, the tranny, the transfer case, and damn near everything else. It was awesome though because I was doing a lot of scuba diving at the time and I could take all of our gear and tanks in the back and the people in the front. And I didn't care if it got a little beat up getting stuff in and out of it.

I used to have a Bronco ... holy cow was it ever a POS, but I loved it. :) Replaced the engine, the tranny, the transfer case, and damn near everything else. It was awesome though because I was doing a lot of scuba diving at the time and I could take all of our gear and tanks in the back and the people in the front. And I didn't care if it got a little beat up getting stuff in and out of it.
My dad bought a used '72? bronco when I was in high school. It had a 3 speed on the column and we liked to bark the tires when grabbing a gear. Dad took it to the mountains only one time with some friends but the clutch or gears or something (it needed towed) went out on him during his trip. I felt bad about that and always thought that I played a role in it but there was no confession coming from me on anything at that time. There I said it and I feel better now.

June 6 is my last 1400$ child support payment & college is waiting in the bank & I'm gonna get me a shiny new toy ....& then go play in the mud

Bring back the Ranger!
I worked at a company that had several 4 cylinder Rangers and I thought that they were total POS. While working there I encountered a Canadian guy on a job site and he was all geeked to be in the U.S. so that he could buy one. I'm not sure why he couldn't get one in Canada but it was about to be discontinued. I just kind of laughed about it. Maybe 2 more cylinders would have made me a believer.

Rumors are that the Ranger should be back at the same time , the bronco will be built on the same frame.
Ranger has been built for a while now, but not sold in the US.
2016-ford-ranger-prepares-to-hit-european-showrooms_10.jpg

I've been following the Bronco news off and on. I'm interested. My understanding at one point is that they would offer it with a manual transmission - harder to find these days - and they might have a diesel option also. I don't see me buying one when they first come out, but I'll pay attention to them for a couple of years. I may opt to go for the Ranger though.

You want to shell out new bronco money then take it to the mud? The thought of doing that makes me ill. I've been in my fair share of off-road circumstances, but I've never intentionally done that in anything with that kind of price tag. I have a buddy out here who bought a brand-new Jeep Wrangler, and he off-roads with it all the time. More power to him, but I can hear my dad rolling over in his grave anytime I consider that.

Yes I take everything to the mud ..have to break 'em in right! My first new truck was in '95 & had to have a wrecker come pull me out ,& this '14 was in the mud before it had 100 miles on it haha & my dad just shakes his head .
I will probably wait a year just to watch how the bugs go . The contractor I'm working for uses the new 1/2 with the v6 & they are pulling mini excavators with them & having no problems. Did not hear about the diesel option, but diesels fear me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT