ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE Florida DB has amazing official to West Virginia, sets decision date

Keenan Cummings

Fact Based and Wonderful
Staff
Sep 16, 2007

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage athlete Jacolby Spells told me the experience this weekend on his official visit to West Virginia was simply awesome. It's one thing to see it on zoom or online, but seeing everything in person for the first time was a great experience especially with the hills and mountains. He toured all the new facilities and told me that the experience was way better than he expected. Spells was able to meet with all the coaches including co-defensive coordinator ShaDon Brown who told him that he would be a perfect fit for the defense. He is excellent in press coverage and can play man, which is what they want at the position. He told me that going around campus and seeing all the facilities was amazing as well and right now it's the best visit he has been on anywhere. Cornerback Daryl Porter was his host and they played together at American Heritage so there was a contact there, but overall he left highly impressed. This isn't it for him though as he plans to take officials to Miami, Syracuse and Indiana as well as an unofficial to Georgia before announcing a college decision Aug. 1. He plans on cutting things down to a top three in July and told me that West Virginia will definitely make that cut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News