ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING UPDATE First to sign is Josh Chandler

Josh Chandler, LB, 5-11, 226, Canton, Ohio/Canton McKinley HS

Played at Canton McKinley High for coach Dan Reardon … registered 86 tackles as a senior, including 17 for loss, while dealing with a knee injury for much of the year that caused him to play only seven games … also accumulated two sacks and two fumble recoveries for the Bulldogs in 2017 … ran for 367 yards and four touchdowns on offense as a senior … helped Canton McKinley to an 8-3 campaign in 2017, including a berth in the Division I playoffs and share of the Federal League championship … 2017 Division I All-Ohio First Team … 2017 Division I All-Northeast Inland District First Team … 2016, 2017 All-Federal League First Team … 2017 Academic All-Ohioan … 2016 Division I All-Ohio Second Team … finished with 76 tackles, including 12 for a loss, two sacks and an interception as a junior … earned four letters in football, two in basketball and two in track and field … played first two years of high-school career at GlenOak High for coach Scott Garcia … three-star rating by ESPN, rivals and 247Sports … No. 50 player in Ohio and No. 38 inside linebacker by ESPN … No. 32 player in Ohio and No. 29 inside linebacker nationally by rivals … No. 56 player in Ohio by 247Sports … also offered by Air Force, Akron, Miami (Ohio), Ohio, Western Kentucky and Western Michigan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT