ADVERTISEMENT

Feds make largest methamphetamine bust in West Virginia history...

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
The DOJ charged 30 people with allegedly distributing more than 200 pounds of meth, alongside guns and other drugs, over a period of seven months, dubbing the operation "Operation Smoke and Mirrors."
Officials also seized 28 pounds of cocaine and 20 pounds of fentanyl.

According to the DOJ, the individuals were also charged with distributing large amounts of cocaine and fentanyl in Charleston.

The announcement comes on the same day that the Department of Homeland Security disclosed it seized 900 pounds of fentanyl in its first week as part of its fentanyl-targeting operation called "Operation Blue Lotus."

According to DHS, the operation has led to 18 seizures, 16 federal arrests, and two state arrests. Those seizures prevented over 900 pounds of fentanyl, 700 pounds of methamphetamine and 100 pounds of cocaine from entering the United States.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, meth killed over 32,000 Americans in 2021.

Reactions: Gunny46
20 pounds of fentanyl is enough to kill 5 million people.

30 lbs of cocaine was a decent tailgate with pbody.

We parted ways if he was going to get crazy. He respected what I did and I didn't give a shit what he did. He had a big heart. He was very good to people.

We parted ways if he was going to get crazy. He respected what I did and I didn't give a shit what he did. He had a big heart. He was very good to people.
I was mostly kidding but I went with him to a Maryland game once and the night ended up with us in a limo cruising DC trying to pick up women.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT