ADVERTISEMENT

Far East

When has China not been posturing for a few years or more? They are feeling around for cracks and weak points. Trying to make everything look like routine... until it isn't.

When was the last time the US fought an enemy that wasn't rebels or a small country?

What are you hearing from your military connections? @DvlDog4WVU
Nothing has radically changed for people paying attention. It’ll probably be a shock to some who were concerned profiteering vs National Defense. We’re at war with China. It’s a thing. It has been a thing. We’re just not shooting each other. Every signal within the DoD is to realign the capabilities towards a near peer threat in Indo-PACOM and we have about 5 years to fully position for it. Every DoD doctrine is being reframed from a COIN environment to a counter chess game in the Indo-PACOM.

This is all unclass, so I’m not telling anyone anything they can’t read open-source in Defense Weekly etc.

The best “fictional book” I’ve read recently on the region was an open sourced editing thing called the USS Kidd Incident. It’s a pretty quick read and the author is finished with it now.

Speculative Fiction

When has China not been posturing for a few years or more? They are feeling around for cracks and weak points. Trying to make everything look like routine... until it isn't.

When was the last time the US fought an enemy that wasn't rebels or a small country?
I know it will not happen, but the first thing Brandon should do is recall Buttigieg back into the military and have him suck the wind of some of those Chinese leaders.

Nothing has radically changed for people paying attention. It’ll probably be a shock to some who were concerned profiteering vs National Defense. We’re at war with China. It’s a thing. It has been a thing. We’re just not shooting each other. Every signal within the DoD is to realign the capabilities towards a near peer threat in Indo-PACOM and we have about 5 years to fully position for it. Every DoD doctrine is being reframed from a COIN environment to a counter chess game in the Indo-PACOM.

This is all unclass, so I’m not telling anyone anything they can’t read open-source in Defense Weekly etc.

The best “fictional book” I’ve read recently on the region was an open sourced editing thing called the USS Kidd Incident. It’s a pretty quick read and the author is finished with it now.

Speculative Fiction
I was told there was some movement.

Something's gonna happen, soon.

It's going to start getting really interesting. You'll start to see butts puckering by the millions.

For some, it will be too late. Repent.

• Love
Reactions: davetown58
1950. And the main enemy was ... China. Funny thing about that though - Kim wouldn't invade the South without Joe Stalin signing off and Mao pledging support.

Reactions: LHANDSDC
I meant to put this on the OT Board.
dive fail GIF

Watching a horror movie in braille.

Something bad is about to happen.

I can feel it.

Speculative Fiction
Amazon product ASIN 1984881256

Speculative Fiction
You mentioned Defense Weekly. Any other publications you might suggest in order to keep up on things?

Speculative Fiction
Stuff released now are just distractions

Taiwan is the trigger. Haven’t heard anything specific. I’m hunting balloons \giantest of eyerolls

What, they weren't secret Chinese hypersonic, anti-gravity vehicles that can surpass mach 5?

Color me not shocked.

You mentioned Defense Weekly. Any other publications you might suggest in order to keep up on things?
National Defense Magazine

Janes is good from a released tech standpoint

The Drive sometimes has some good stuff.

Just following Sam.Gov will tell you all kinds of stuff from an acquisition plan. RFIs tied to specific Program Offices can tell you quite a bit from a roadmap and desire perspective. If you get really nerdy, you can just read the DOD budget.

Our company produces a daily that links to all of the happenings for products across the defense industry, at least in the markets we’re in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT