ADVERTISEMENT

Extra NCAA BBall exhibition game granted?

thickones

Freshman
Sep 21, 2004
Richmond, VA
Been hearing down here in Nashville the NCAA is letting teams schedule an extra exhibition game as long as all of the proceeds goes to hurricane relief charities. Sounds like teams are scrambling to find other teams and get in an extra game. I believe Vandy and Memphis just scheduled a game to be played in the next couple of weeks. Is WVU looking at doing this and who would be good canidates?

Been hearing down here in Nashville the NCAA is letting teams schedule an extra exhibition game as long as all of the proceeds goes to hurricane relief charities. Sounds like teams are scrambling to find other teams and get in an extra game. I believe Vandy and Memphis just scheduled a game to be played in the next couple of weeks. Is WVU looking at doing this and who would be good canidates?
Several teams have planned them but WVU hasn't at this point. I just noticed that Mississippi State and Nebraska scheduled one today.

I wouldn't mind seeing us play Maryland, Duquesne, Xavier or another regional school but not a Mountain East Conference type school. No offense to those teams just want tougher competition but it is just an exhibition game so no need to travel far but generate money for a good cause. Any one else have thoughts?

Wow.
No mention of KU and Mizzou playing in Kansas City.
I know WVU didn't have the benefit of being in the Big XII the same time as Missouri but I am sure you have some idea of the Rivarly between KU and Mizzou.
Both have reached out to play each other to benefit the victims of Harvey.

They were never a fit in the SEC and if the money invested into their basketball program at the moment does not help then I have a notion that Mizzou may try to get into the BIG with KU.

I doubt, though, the BIG would go to 16 with those two teams and Mizzou refused the BIG's half share policy for their first few years. Best case scenario is Mizzou returns to the Big XII.

Last edited:
Wow.
No mention of KU and Mizzou playing in Kansas City.
I know WVU didn't have the benefit of being in the Big XII the same time as Missouri but I am sure you have some idea of the Rivarly between KU and Mizzou.
Both have reached out to play each other to benefit the victims of Harvey.

They were never a fit in the SEC and if the money invested into their basketball program at the moment does not help then I have a notion that Mizzou may try to get into the BIG with KU.

I doubt, though, the BIG would go to 16 with those two teams and Mizzou refused the BIG's half share policy for their first few years. Best case scenario is Mizzou returns to the Big XII.

Plus Missouri is supposed to have the best incoming college Freshman player

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT