ADVERTISEMENT

Expansion

I respectfully disagree. It does expand the B12 market into the fourth largest city in the USA which is currently 'owned' by the SEC. SE Texas is a lucrative market and currently missing from the B12 footprint.

That may not mean much to some, but apparently it does to the governor. Will some of the recruits from that area be lost by UT, or LSU and others? I think you know as well as I do that Texas football teams want to own all of the state, not just most of it.

Why else would the governor and the president of UT even care? If expansion happens, the inclusion of UH is mandatory to maintain veto power (control) of the B12. You are forgetting that UT also controls the vote of TCU. They got them in.

Sure Houston his a huge market, but with 4 Texas Schools you pretty much cover the state. If the BIG12 wants to expand its footprint it has to go elsewhere, Fla, Ohio, Tenn

I think y'all are just mad because you had Tom Herman all penciled in as the next HC. He isn't leaving Houston now. He is already pulling big time recruits without being in a power 5 conference, wait till he's in the Big12. Shew.
I would be fine with Houston if they were not already in the Big 12 footprint....or if they had a huge fan following. Neither help the Big 12. If you are fine splitting up your paycheck with the new guy who doesn't bring anything to the table, fine. Most are not. But if they do get in, you can look forward to more available seats for your home games with UH, because they will not bring anyone to Morgantown.

I would be fine with Houston if they were not already in the Big 12 footprint....or if they had a huge fan following. Neither help the Big 12. If you are fine splitting up your paycheck with the new guy who doesn't bring anything to the table, fine. Most are not. But if they do get in, you can look forward to more available seats for your home games with UH, because they will not bring anyone to Morgantown.

Because the reality is, Texas did a 180 on expansion for one reason. The governor wants Houston in. Houston is technically qualified and proved it by beating three top 25 schools last season. They more than sold out their stadium against two opponents. Then they smashed FSU in a major bowl in front of 71,000 fans.

Texas would not allow expansion without maintaining veto control where a super majority vote is required. Let them have Houston and then go out and get the other three you really want. Quid pro quo will always be involved in major decisions for every conference.

If Texas and Oklahoma sign a GOR extension and the TV contract is renegotiated in favor of the conference we know deals were made in a back room. Regardless, the conference is solidified, WVU is more secure as a power 5 member and income increases significantly for the existing 10 schools as well as the new ones. The pro rata increase for new members goes to the conference, not the new schools.

If WVU and UH or anyone else are contending for the conference title, Milan Puskar will be rocking for a game between them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT