ADVERTISEMENT

EV-GV Cost Comparison

Soaring Eagle 74

All-Conference
Jan 4, 2008
I don’t have an EV, but I’ll consider one next time I’m in the market.

Charging at home should also save you significantly compared with driving a gasoline vehicle. The EPA estimates driving an all-wheel-drive Ford Mustang Mach-E SUV with a 277-mile range will cost about $700 a year for electricity. A roughly comparable AWD Ford Edge SUV 2ith a 2.7L V6 engine will use $3,000 of gasoline a year. Both figures assume energy current prices and 15,000 miles a year, 45% on highways.

Looked at another way, charging the Mach-E to full at 12 cents a kilowatt-hour (kWh), costs about $11.90. Compare that to $76.04 to fill the Edge with gasoline at the national average of $4.11 a gallon.

Charging at home should also save you significantly compared with driving a gasoline vehicle. The EPA estimates driving an all-wheel-drive Ford Mustang Mach-E SUV with a 277-mile range will cost about $700 a year for electricity. A roughly comparable AWD Ford Edge SUV 2ith a 2.7L V6 engine will use $3,000 of gasoline a year. Both figures assume energy current prices and 15,000 miles a year, 45% on highways.

Looked at another way, charging the Mach-E to full at 12 cents a kilowatt-hour (kWh), costs about $11.90. Compare that to $76.04 to fill the Edge with gasoline at the national average of $4.11 a gallon.

But what about the damage to forests and climate? An electric car requires six times the amount of minerals that a conventional petrol car needs.

I don't have an issue with EVs. But for government to use "Climate Change" to force people into EVs? I do have a problem with that. Free market will get us there. We don't need government's hand in it. It supposed to work for us, not control us.

There’s a pretty significant cost for in home charger

And the ROI will take most of your liefetime, if you buy when you're young. It's just not worth it at the moment.

it's your boy biden's fault that it's 4.11........BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAHHHHHH.......EV's are commie cars

Reactions: 30CAT

Well to start with gas is this high do to policies at this time . What is the cost for a home charger? Cant be cheap . What is cost for a new battery? What kind of carbon footprint of each car to make ?
Not saying I wouldn't consider one in the future if I was gonna stay in town or just short trips.
Wife gets her new hybrid rav4 in June. I think hybrids are the cats ass. Need a super duty 7.3 hybrid.

coal-powered-electric-cars-false.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT