ADVERTISEMENT

Ford Cutting 1,000 Jobs After Agreeing to Shift Focus to Electric Vehicles

WVU82

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
The company’s electric vehicle division is on track for roughly $3 billion in yearly losses, but nonetheless projects that it will begin turning a profit next year.

Ford is cutting 1,000 jobs in the United States and Canada after accepting a subsidy from the Biden administration to produce more electric vehicles.

Since Biden took office in 2021, his administration and Democrats in general have been pushing their climate change agenda at breakneck speed, whether the country is ready for it or not.

This story is a reminder that they place a higher value on pursuing their agenda than they do on the lives of working Americans.

The cut to Ford’s roughly 28,000 strong workforce is the third in a series of mass layoffs that began with a 3,000 person cut to U.S. jobs last summer as the company looks to blunt the costs of its massive investment in electric vehicles, the WSJ reported.
Ford cut an additional 3,800 jobs in Europe in early 2023 as a cost cutting measure to support its electric vehicle pivot after missing its earnings expectations by $1.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2022.
Ford’s electric vehicle division lost $722 million in the first three months of 2023, costing the company more than $60,000 per car sold. The company’s electric vehicle division is on track for roughly $3 billion in yearly losses, but nonetheless projects that it will begin turning a profit next year.
Last year, Biden told a kid to "look at my eyes" and pledged to her "I guarantee you we're going to end fossil fuels."

The average new EV costs well over 45K! It's not only impractical for most families but incredibly unaffordable. Our average customer cannot afford even a lower priced EV, and until the prices come down we will only be selling them as novelties to elites or those who are more financially well off.

The company’s electric vehicle division is on track for roughly $3 billion in yearly losses, but nonetheless projects that it will begin turning a profit next year.

Ford is cutting 1,000 jobs in the United States and Canada after accepting a subsidy from the Biden administration to produce more electric vehicles.

Since Biden took office in 2021, his administration and Democrats in general have been pushing their climate change agenda at breakneck speed, whether the country is ready for it or not.

This story is a reminder that they place a higher value on pursuing their agenda than they do on the lives of working Americans.

Last year, Biden told a kid to "look at my eyes" and pledged to her "I guarantee you we're going to end fossil fuels."
Funny, considering fossil fuels are essential to produce and run the electric vehicle.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
The average new EV costs well over 45K! It's not only impractical for most families but incredibly unaffordable. Our average customer cannot afford even a lower priced EV, and until the prices come down we will only be selling them as novelties to elites or those who are more financially well off.
They also don’t help climate change- if you believe it as it is told to you. You’re technically front loading your CO2 emissions to mine and refine all of the nickel cobalt and lithium. Not to mention whatever is charging it. Then factor in if the battery goes bad -double it. Is there even going to be a used EV market? Probably not. How do we dispose? Recycle? That takes CO2 as well. Idiots and crooks. It’s all a bridge to Hydrogen. And where will hydrogen come from? natural fn gas.

Reactions: roadtrasheer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT