ADVERTISEMENT

ESPNU Radio 2018 FB Picks...

First Team host Taylor Zarzour picks WVU to defeat Texas in the Big Xii Championship Game. Co-host Greg McElroy amused! Picks Texas to win it all in the Big Xii.
Sounds good to me. I'm still a little worried about the defense but it should be better and the offense could be excellent. The fact that the Big 12 removed all special teams from football games will help too. :grimace:

Sounds terrific. Would be nice. Have to do it on the field though. Early season injury to WG would be devastating to all of this optimism.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
First Team host Taylor Zarzour picks WVU to defeat Texas in the Big Xii Championship Game. Co-host Greg McElroy amused! Picks Texas to win it all in the Big Xii.

Big12 is still a one trick pony. No Big12 team is a National Top 10 program except for OU.

I don't see it with West Virginia either.
I understand why Greg McElroy thinks it is entertaining that people think West Virginia will win the Big XII.

It is very much the same reason why everyone thought Missouri would smash on Texas with half of Texas' starters out....

A QB is only one person no matter how great he is especially if he is going against an elite defense.
Texas' defense was great in 2017 but in 2018 it will be elite.

I think no one scores 20 on Texas next year.

Let's use Iowa State or Baylor last year

Texas OL was able to dominate those teams
This year Texas' OLine will dominate the better DLine's as well because they will all be back and a year stronger.

In the first half there will be only 4 possessions for each team with Texas having 10-17 points and the opposition having anywhere from 0-7.

Texas will hold onto the ball once they have a two score lead for 9 minute drives.

Last edited:
All I know that WVU finished the past season clear out of the top 25 (and others receiving votes) rankings (AP) behind such elite schools as: Central Florida, South Florida, Boise St, Memphis, Army, Florida Atlantic, Troy, Fresno St and San Diego St. So anything I see now is hype until the dust settles next season, and with the same HC and coaching staff and lack of experienced depth behind WG I just don't see it. More like another dazzling middle of the pack finish.

All I know that WVU finished the past season clear out of the top 25 (and others receiving votes) rankings (AP) behind such elite schools as: Central Florida, South Florida, Boise St, Memphis, Army, Florida Atlantic, Troy, Fresno St and San Diego St. So anything I see now is hype until the dust settles next season, and with the same HC and coaching staff and lack of experienced depth behind WG I just don't see it. More like another dazzling middle of the pack finish.

I wouldn't be totally down on WVU until spring football.
Wait and see if DH attempts to change WVU.
Meaning that DH said during conference leading up to the Kansas St, Iowa St, Texas and Oklahoma games that WVU had to run the ball.
It didn't happen and because of this the injury to WG happened. I doubt even with Grier WVU would have beat both Texas and Oklahoma but the Texas game was in Morgantown so they had a chance.

If DH goes into spring and attempts to get his line physical and tries to play both ways then I think WVU will be a force in the Big XII next year.

If West Virginia has the same issues I am thinking a 8-4 year and 5-4 in the Big XII.
If that is good enough to play in Arlington then the problem will be that AT&T stadium for UT and OU will be a home game.
If WVU brings 15,000 fans OU or UT will have 75,000.

Texas
TCU
Kansas St
Oklahoma
West Virginia

All have the strongest chance to play for a Big XII Championship

After that I say have a slight chance
Oklahoma St
Baylor

These teams have zero chance
Iowa St
Kansas
Tech

The issue for West Virginia has been mentioned in this thread and that is their defense.
Texas has ran all over West Virginia the last four years averaging over 200 yards a game.
If UT gets their OLine how Herman and Beck wants them Texas might run for 300 next year.

Meaning that West Virginia will have to convert on third down against Texas' defense.
Texas still will have Brandon Jones and Kris Boyd in the secondary. Boyd for sure will be all Big XII and a potential All American with Jones having a chance at both like Deshaun Elliot this year.

Texas converts on third and shuts West Virginia down than next year's game will look a lot like when Texas played Baylor last year.

I like to see how West Virginia comes out next year.
They do have a little more toughness than some teams in the Big XII.
Texas is a physical team. That is saying it lightly.
Especially on defense.
More importantly this Texas team is playing with an attitude that was not allowed to show under Mack Brown and previous coaches and that is an arrogrant Texas team.

Never have I seen Texas acted like they did under Herman this year. I actually like this attitude they have.

Texas/West Virginia once will be great and if they play twice will be even better.

The issue for West Virginia has been mentioned in this thread and that is their defense.
Texas has ran all over West Virginia the last four years averaging over 200 yards a game.
If UT gets their OLine how Herman and Beck wants them Texas might run for 300 next year.

Meaning that West Virginia will have to convert on third down against Texas' defense.
Texas still will have Brandon Jones and Kris Boyd in the secondary. Boyd for sure will be all Big XII and a potential All American with Jones having a chance at both like Deshaun Elliot this year.

Texas converts on third and shuts West Virginia down than next year's game will look a lot like when Texas played Baylor last year.

I like to see how West Virginia comes out next year.
They do have a little more toughness than some teams in the Big XII.
Texas is a physical team. That is saying it lightly.
Especially on defense.
More importantly this Texas team is playing with an attitude that was not allowed to show under Mack Brown and previous coaches and that is an arrogrant Texas team.

Never have I seen Texas acted like they did under Herman this year. I actually like this attitude they have.

Texas/West Virginia once will be great and if they play twice will be even better.

Texas 200 yards a game rushing yet WVU is 2-2 in those 4 games.Without a doubt to me if Grier does not get injured WVU would be 3-1.

Take your Texas Clown ass and horn on out.

Reactions: Pitt4Life34
Texas 200 yards a game rushing yet WVU is 2-2 in those 4 games.Without a doubt to me if Grier does not get injured WVU would be 3-1.

Take your Texas Clown ass and horn on out.

Texas shut down three better QBs in Darnold, Rudolph and Lock.
All held under 20 points in regulation.
Oklahoma St 10
Missouri 16
USC 17

Texas held Oklahoma under 30 something that Ohio St and UGA could not do.
Only team to hold Oklahoma and Mayfield under 30'the last 22 games.

Grier would be ranked 5th out of those 5 QBs

We will see in next year's draft with Lock and Grier but from what I have seen in two games with Lock and eight games of Grier, Lock is a better QB

TCU is regularly in the Top 10.

The OU program is the only Big12 program with National brand and Top 10 respect. Heck the Playoff Committee blew TCU off if I remember correctly. Until Texas makes it back Big12 is one trick pony.

The OU program is the only Big12 program with National brand and Top 10 respect. Heck the Playoff Committee blew TCU off if I remember correctly. Until Texas makes it back Big12 is one trick pony.

TCU brings in more football money than USC and almost the same amount as Florida State.
TCU is a program on the rise. They did finish in the Top 10 this year so when you say Top 10 respect do you mean this year or for the history of CFB.
Either way the Big XII has two programs.

Here is a list about TCU's revenue

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/05/richest_college_football_progr.html

That argument is so dumb I can’t even go there with you. Obviously Texas is historically a Top program and like Penn State will be one again in the future. Texas isn’t WVU. They’ll be great again. But please tell me about the last several years haha. Keep your eye on the ball or please read but don’t post.

TCU brings in more money than USC and almost the same amount as Florida State.
TCU is a program on the rise. They did finish in the Top 10 this year so when you say Top 10 respect do you mean this year or for the history of CFB.
Either way the Big XII has two programs.

Here is a list about TCU's revenue

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2017/05/richest_college_football_progr.html

I get you’re a Texas idiot but I said Top 10 program dummy. Brand and all. USC Blue Blood. TCU good program with Top 8 coach.

I get you’re a Texas idiot but I said Top 10 program dummy. Brand and all. USC Blue Blood. TCU good program with Top 8 coach.

So the Big XII has two schools.

On that list is three Big XII schools and only one ACC school at 23.'
ACC according to football revenue is not one of the Big 4
It is the Big XII, SEC, PAC 12 and B1G

Sounds good to me. I'm still a little worried about the defense but it should be better and the offense could be excellent. The fact that the Big 12 removed all special teams from football games will help too. :grimace:
What do you mean by ST removal??

So the Big XII has two schools.

On that list is three Big XII schools and only one ACC school at 23.'
ACC according to football revenue is not one of the Big 4
It is the Big XII, SEC, PAC 12 and B1G

Again the argument has nothing to do with my point.

Last edited:
Again retard the argument has nothing to do with my point.

Your point is as irrelevant as Pitt football.
You don't tell people here who is relevant in the Big XII and who is not.
The fact is the ACC is small potatoes compared to the Big XII.
As you saw that regarding football revenue....

Texas shut down three better QBs in Darnold, Rudolph and Lock.
All held under 20 points in regulation.
Oklahoma St 10
Missouri 16
USC 17

Texas held Oklahoma under 30 something that Ohio St and UGA could not do.
Only team to hold Oklahoma and Mayfield under 30'the last 22 games.

Grier would be ranked 5th out of those 5 QBs

We will see in next year's draft with Lock and Grier but from what I have seen in two games with Lock and eight games of Grier, Lock is a better QB

Oh Jesus please shut up. Now you sound ridiculous

Your point is as irrelevant as Pitt football.
You don't tell people here who is relevant in the Big XII and who is not.
The fact is the ACC is small potatoes compared to the Big XII.
As you saw that regarding football revenue....

The entire country doesn’t respect any Big12 program other than OU. Apparently this is breaking news to the Texas troll and homers on this site haha.

I never brought up revenue.

Last edited:
The entire country doesn’t respect any Big12 program other than OU. Apparently this is breaking news to the Texas troll and homers on this site haha.

Retard I never brought up revenue.

Who cares what the entire country thinks about. Texas has 30 million people so the media respects Texas and therefore the country will always be told that Texas is a huge program no matter the record.
Very much like ND with NBC.

Who cares what the entire country thinks about. Texas has 30 million people so the media respects Texas and therefore the country will always be told that Texas is a huge program no matter the record.
Very much like ND with NBC.

You’re easy man haha

You’re easy man haha

You are a sorry troll that comes over and attempts to attack a university that has passed you a long time ago.
If I was a Pitt fan I would be after Penn St for what Paterno did to you.
I forgot you idiots tried that and it failed.
Penn St relegated you to the minor leagues in the 90's.
You think you can do the same to West Virginia is hilarious because since the end of the Big East WVU has dominated Pitt in every sport.

I think that was why WVU scheduled Penn St going forward because by 2025 Pitt will be a nobody even in Western PA.
West Virginia knows that Penn St is the one who controls the backyard and not Spitt.

Last edited:
You are a sorry troll that comes over and attempts to attack a university that has passed you a long time ago.
If I was a Pitt fan I would be after Penn St for what Paterno did to you.
I forgot you idiots tried that and it failed.
Penn St relegated you to the minor leagues in the 90's.
You think you can do the same to West Virginia is hilarious because since the end of the Big East WVU has dominated Pitt in every sport.

Why so rustled retard? I am a big fan of WVU UT goofball. Scroll through my posts and find the anti WVU posts UT....I boy. You’re officially my puppet haha.

I think that has why WVU scheduled Penn St going forward because by 2025 Pitt will be a nobody even in Western PA.
West Virginia knows that Penn St is the one who controls the backyard and not Spitt.

Hey Cybil make up your what tag you want to post under haha

Hey Cybil make up your what tag you want to post under haha

You have already said that you attended a Pitt/Texas BBall game and you hated UT fans because they were like Penn State fans.
No one is a WVU/Pitt/Duquesne fan like you have said.
You are as Yinzer as they come. The way you attack people proves this.
I will hate to see you when the Shittsburgh Steelers are knocked out tomorrow.

I know Yinzers. I lived and worked in Mt Lebanon PA for 5 years in the 80's.

You have already said that you attended a Pitt/Texas BBall game and you hated UT fans because they were like Penn State fans.
No one is a WVU/Pitt/Duquesne fan like you have said.
You are as Yinzer as they come. The way you attack people proves this.
I will hate to see you when the Shittsburgh Steelers are knocked out tonight.

I know Yinzers. I lived and worked in Mt Lebanon PA for 5 years in the 80's.

Man I’m tempted to make you look like the geek dick you are but it would be a waste of time.

Aw why not. You and your fanbases were annoying and ghey at the Civic Arena in the NCAAs. Plus UT lost. Bonus! Go back and check my post history and you’ll see quickly how PItt, WVU and Duquense are my
go-to schools. You also left out Ohio State and Purdue. They are go-to for me as well. I actually mock PSU cult but don’t hate the school. They recruited my kid so those anti PSU emotions aren’t what I’m about. Can’t stand ND or Boston College. If you worked in Mt Lebo it was for a small company or a restaurant LOL.

I won’t go into it but I’m living the dream goofy. Look at my Avatar from my club in Ireland haha.

Lastly the Steelers play tomorrow at 1:05pm haha

Please stop using this term. There are lot of folks born with issues that try to do their best. Using this word constantly is offensive and makes your points moot.

Went back and deleted term. Think i got em all out of thread. Won’t happen again.

Reactions: Phil
Man I’m tempted to make you look like the geek dick you are but it would be a waste of time.

Aw why not. You and your fanbases were annoying and ghey at the Civic Arena in the NCAAs. Plus UT lost. Bonus! Go back and check my post history and you’ll see quickly how PItt, WVU and Duquense are my
go-to schools. You also left out Ohio State and Purdue. They are go-to for me as well. I actually mock PSU cult but don’t hate the school. They recruited my kid so those anti PSU emotions aren’t what I’m about. Can’t stand ND or Boston College. If you worked in Mt Lebo it was for a small company or a restaurant LOL.

I won’t go into but I’m living the dream goofy. Look at my Avatar from my club in Ireland haha.

Lastly retard the Steelers play tomorrow at 1:05pm haha

I actually coached football up there at Mt Lebanon High School as an assistant coach and know a lot of the older high school coaches in the area.
Most of them will say the same thing that Pittsburgh and Westen PA is a shell of its former self.
I was there when it was still a great place to live and the high schools students still had that toughness and discipline that made Westen PA a great place.
Problem is that area of the country has changed and it did not change for the better. The high school students no longer as a whole have the toughness and work ethic like they did in previous times.

I think this as a whole as hurt PItt football more than Penn St relegated them.
What you are doing to WVU is the extact same thing that Penn St did to Pitt and that is claim the B1G was better than the Big East.
Now Pitt fans are claiming the ACC is better than the Big XII and I will continue to disprove this with actual data based on revenue.
Your three biggest football programs spend almost the same amount of money as they bring in.
This is why Clemson, Florida St and Miami are not any good at any other sport besides baseball.

I actually coached football up there at Mt Lebanon High School as an assistant coach and know a lot of the older high school coaches in the area.
Most of them will say the same thing that Pittsburgh and Westen PA is a shell of its former self.
I was there when it was still a great place to live and the high schools students still had that toughness and discipline that made Westen PA a great place.
Problem is that area of the country has changed and it did not change for the better. The high school students no longer as a whole have the toughness and work ethic like they did in previous times.

I think this as a whole as hurt PItt football more than Penn St relegated them.
What you are doing to WVU is the extact same thing that Penn St did to Pitt and that is claim the B1G was better than the Big East.
Now Pitt fans are claiming the ACC is better than the Big XII and I will continue to disprove this with actual data based on revenue.
Your three biggest football programs spend almost the same amount of money as they bring in.
This is why Clemson, Florida St and Miami are not any good at any other sport besides baseball.

Dude 7th grad or peewee doesn’t give you credibility bruh. Most coaches would say the opposite of what you post. Your first paragraph really makes you come off as a goofball. Man after the second paragraph I know one thing for sure. You’re an idiot.

Dude 7th grad or peewee doesn’t give you credibility bruh. Most coaches would say the opposite of what you post. Your first paragraph really makes you come off as a goofball. Man after the second paragraph I know one thing for sure. You’re an idiot.

I doubt that.
You should change your narrative cause if Pat Narduzzi sticks around Pitt might have a great team in 2019 and 2020.
Instead of conference vs conference it should be PItt vs WVU.

Well I was right about one thing and that is Matt Canada.
You were telling me how great he was and I told he would be gone from LSU in two years.

I was wrong it was one and it is not to a HC job...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT