ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN's Herbstreit: 'I'll be shocked' if we have NFL, college football this fall

1duluth1

Sophomore
Apr 5, 2005
N.VA (Originally- Princeton, W.V.)
The Hill:

ESPN's Herbstreit: 'I'll be shocked' if we have NFL, college football this fall

ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit said he would be "shocked" if the NFL or college football began their regular seasons this fall due to the lack of a coronavirus vaccine.

...the "College Gameday" star questioned how it would be permissible to open locker rooms or "let stadiums be filled up" amid public health concerns.

“I’ll be shocked if we have NFL football this fall, if we have college football,” Herbstreit said in comments highlighted by TMZ. “I’ll be so surprised if that happens.”

“Just because from what I understand, people that I listen to, [say] you're 12 to 18 months from a [coronavirus] vaccine. I don’t know how you let these guys go into locker rooms and let stadiums be filled up and how you can play ball. I just don’t know how you can do it with the optics of it,” Herbstreit added. “Next thing you know you got a locker room full of guys that are sick. And that’s on your watch? I wouldn’t want to have that."

“As much as I hate to say it, I think we’re scratching the surface of where this thing’s gonna go," he said…

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/489871-espns-herbstreit-ill-be-shocked-if-we-have-nfl-college-football-this-fall

Ole dickstreit. Didnt realize ESPN provides him with his own disease control medical panel. Acts like its unbeatable, just like he wouldnt stop ramming down everybody's throats about last years o$u team

His twin sons play at Clemson, MuracaTard, but continue making up stories because of your insane hatred of Ohio. McBride is the best guard on WVU's roster, which cuts you deeply.

He is probably correct.

If any of the modeling is accurate we will see a dip in the summer but then a surge during Fall, right during football season.

I think it would be a good idea for media types like him to wait and see before acting all gloom and doom. There is a lot of misinformation coming from a lot of places especially China in this whole thing. Medical people in every country have stated that the stats on this are simply not accurate at this point to even have an idea how how bad this is compared to the regular seasonal flu. There are potentially millions and millions of people all around the world who have been infected, recovered but were never tested. I would not put too much stock in the death rate stats at this time, until more research is done around the world on that very topic. Follow the protocol, be very careful, but just wait and see is probably the best way to handle any long term predictions at this time.

He is probably correct.

If any of the modeling is accurate we will see a dip in the summer but then a surge during Fall, right during football season.

According to computer models in the late 90s and early 2000s, we were going to be dead by now by global environmental travesty.

People need to keep perspective of how much the media and governments around the world have lied and been wrong so many times throughout history. To further highlight this reality, here is a reminder from an article by a major news media outlet from nearly 20 years ago that made a lot of people live in fear and many of them still do over that same hoax lol. Be cautious, but maybe we should wait and see how this pans out in the real world and not some writers make believe world.
"
A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a ‘Siberian’ climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.

The document predicts that abrupt climate change could bring the planet to the edge of anarchy as countries develop a nuclear threat to defend and secure dwindling food, water and energy supplies. The threat to global stability vastly eclipses that of terrorism, say the few experts privy to its contents.

‘Disruption and conflict will be endemic features of life,’ concludes the Pentagon analysis. ‘Once again, warfare would define human life.’

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...fZQ4TA0APAxEVJk4MVrsJSWD8HNp9dkJFqcRfBjMxdouY

According to computer models in the late 90s and early 2000s, we were going to be dead by now by global environmental travesty.

People need to keep perspective of how much the media and governments around the world have lied and been wrong so many times throughout history. To further highlight this reality, here is a reminder from an article by a major news media outlet from nearly 20 years ago that made a lot of people live in fear and many of them still do over that same hoax lol. Be cautious, but maybe we should wait and see how this pans out in the real world and not some writers make believe world.
"
A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a ‘Siberian’ climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.

The document predicts that abrupt climate change could bring the planet to the edge of anarchy as countries develop a nuclear threat to defend and secure dwindling food, water and energy supplies. The threat to global stability vastly eclipses that of terrorism, say the few experts privy to its contents.

‘Disruption and conflict will be endemic features of life,’ concludes the Pentagon analysis. ‘Once again, warfare would define human life.’

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...fZQ4TA0APAxEVJk4MVrsJSWD8HNp9dkJFqcRfBjMxdouY

I'm not in disagreement with you.

But it no longer matters at this point. Children arent attending schools anymore and the govt is not allowing people to work....I doubt this all gets reversed by August and we see stadiums filled with 80k people.

I'm not in disagreement with you.

But it no longer matters at this point. Children arent attending schools anymore and the govt is not allowing people to work....I doubt this all gets reversed by August and we see stadiums filled with 80k people.

Well Im hoping we get things figured out by then. The swine flu was pretty scary too, but there was never a shutdown of this proportion. It would just be nice to see them get a better handle on the stats. Right now it looks scary as fk by what mainstream is saying, but I have a feeling that by the end of it, we will see the estimated death rate % drop down to more average levels. I hope so. Its hard to know whats real coming from overseas right now especially China. Those places are all way overpopulated with a lot of poverty.

Well Im hoping we get things figured out by then. The swine flu was pretty scary too, but there was never a shutdown of this proportion. It would just be nice to see them get a better handle on the stats. Right now it looks scary as fk by what mainstream is saying, but I have a feeling that by the end of it, we will see the estimated death rate % drop down to more average levels. I hope so. Its hard to know whats real coming from overseas right now especially China. Those places are all way overpopulated with a lot of poverty.

I think the mortality rate will be around 1%.

Unfortunately I think this is gonna drag. Nobody wants to be the one to give a green light then things get worse.

Until there is a vaccine or we just let everyone get infected this is the new normal, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: deedoubleyou
His twin sons play at Clemson, MuracaTard, but continue making up stories because of your insane hatred of Ohio. McBride is the best guard on WVU's roster, which cuts you deeply.

He's on WVU's roster, not Ohio State's. That obviously cuts you deeply.

67-59.

More foolishness from CuntryTard, the Marshall graduate, I see. No, I'm never disappointed when a three-star kid from Ohio, who was not offered a scholarship by any power conference school, other than WVU, overachieves. Good for Miles.

I think the mortality rate will be around 1%.

Unfortunately I think this is gonna drag. Nobody wants to be the one to give a green light then things get worse.

Until there is a vaccine or we just let everyone get infected this is the new normal, imo.

You are flat out stupid. Then again you have been social distancing your whole life. Me...I hope no one else gets it...even you bonehead.

You are flat out stupid. Then again you have been social distancing your whole life. Me...I hope no one else gets it...even you bonehead.

I'm not the one who makes the decisions. So dont bark at me old timer.

Do you think universities will be OK with stadiums filled with 80k by August?

Actually I think there will be football but with sparse attendance as folks figure out that it is not that important in the bigger scope of things.

I think high school football could be in major trouble w/o a season.

School districts dont have the financial motive to field a team like colleges do....participation was already in decline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT