ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN down on WV

If WVU goes 13-0, they make the CFP.
If WVU goes 12-1, they stand a decent shot at still making the CFP.

Regardless of what the talking heads state, it's really that simple. WVU controls its own destiny, and there's not a damn thing ESPN can do about it.

Until we prove we can play defense they are correct. Elite QB play doesn’t get you far if you can’t stop the other QB.

Reactions: 5-Technique

Regardless of what the talking heads state, it's really that simple. WVU controls its own destiny, and there's not a damn thing ESPN can do about it.

Since more people watch football than attend a game you have to respect ESPN.
Only 45,000 people attend a game in Morgantown. A few million watch it. ESPN has the capabilities of erasing plays and altering endings.

Democracy rules so if ESPN wants a 12-0 team to go 7-5 it could happen

giphy.gif

ESPN broke up the Big East right after it added TCU and was a monster BB conference

ESPN kept WVU out of the SEC and made sure Missouri got in

Despite WVU's 3-0 BCS record vs. ACC's 1-11, ESPN talking heads campaigned annually how the BE was unworthy of a BCS berth (WVU, Louisville, Rutgers, Cincinnati, UConn, USF, PITT were all ranked in Top 2-15 while league was gettig routinely hosed on ESPN)

Finally, ESPN prevailed to prevent undesirables from sneaking into a NC game by winning on the field. Blow up the BCS and make conference championships meaningless. Some conferences have 3-4 media darlings. Let a COMMITTEE say "Well, you guys did win but we luv Ohio State's body of work. Yes, they lost to hapless VT and TCU only lost to a Top 5 Baylor team it led by 21 late. Sorry. That's just the way it has to be. Now, if TCU were TEXAS or OKLAHOMA, That'd be different and something we could sell."

ESPN kept TCU and Baylor out of the CFP in 2014 for Ohio State

Even tonight Will Grier's name was 'conspicuously absent' from the Joey Galloway- Jesse Palmer Heisman discussion...and each picked about 5 guys from all over

There is PLENTY ESPN can do to influence the good ol' boy CFP beauty pageant by committee...don't be naive.

Look at 2007. WVU-Mizzou nearly a title game lock. WVU loses at home to 28-point underdog and RichRod quickly accepts plum reward of Michigan job, as so-called Wolverine frontrunner Les Miles of LSU was forced to compete vs. Ohio State in a much more palatable title game. Richie certainly left in a rush. He didn't want to talk about it. To anyone.

Last edited:
ESPN broke up the Big East right after it added TCU and was a monster BB conference

ESPN kept WVU out of the SEC and made sure Missouri got in

Despite WVU's 3-0 BCS record vs. ACC's 1-11, ESPN talking heads campaigned annually how the BE was unworthy of a BCS berth (WVU, Louisville, Rutgers, Cincinnati, UConn, USF, PITT were all ranked in Top 2-15 while league was gettig routinely hosed on ESPN)

ESPN kept TCU and Baylor out of the CFP in 2014 for Ohio State

Even tonight Will Grier's name was 'conspicuously absent' from the Joey Galloway- Jesse Palmer Heisman discussion...and each picked about 5 guys from all over

There is PLENTY ESPN can do to influence the good ol' boy CFP beauty pageant by committee...don't be naive.

Look at 2007. WVU-Mizzou nearly a title game lock. WVU loses at home to 28-point underdog and RichRod quickly accepts plum reward of Michigan job, as so-called Wolverine frontrunner Les Miles of LSU was forced to compete vs. Ohio State in a much more palatable title game. Richie certainly left in a rush. He didn't want to talk about it. To anyone.

It is the Illuminati, bruh.
They conspire to keep West Virginia down

It is the Illuminati, bruh.
They conspire to keep West Virginia down

Jes' good ol' boy cap'talism doin' bidness as uzhual...expendables must remain...well...expendable. It's the way. But, 23 was RichRod's number as a WVU player. You may be on to something with the Illuminati angle.

Last edited:
Jes' good ol' boy cap'talism doin' bidness as uzhual...expendables must remain...well...expendable. It's the way. #23

Then it would be
USC/ ND winner
Michigan/Ohio St winner
Texas/OU winner
SEC winner every year.

Out of all those teams mentioned that is 75% of teams ESPN has as CFP teams.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-fourteen-teams-win-college-football-playoff

ESPN claims WV has a 0% chance to reach the CFP
Only Big XII teams with a chance according to ESPN
Oklahoma
Texas
Oklahoma State

Because ESPN is behind the CFP makes you wonder if they have already decided what teams they want before the season.
Reason why TCU and Baylor missed in 2014
Penn State missed in 2016
UCF missed in 2017
Man, that is hard to believe that ESPN left us out of their preseason prognostication. They usually give us so much love. Big shocker they think the Texas and Oklahoma teams have a shot though.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...e-fourteen-teams-win-college-football-playoff

ESPN claims WV has a 0% chance to reach the CFP
Only Big XII teams with a chance according to ESPN
Oklahoma
Texas
Oklahoma State

Because ESPN is behind the CFP makes you wonder if they have already decided what teams they want before the season.
Reason why TCU and Baylor missed in 2014
Penn State missed in 2016
UCF missed in 2017

Wow, what a shocker of breaking news. ESPN hates WVU. When has this ever been different.

WVU has no shot in Fiesta Bowl against OU
Georgia will dismantle WVU in Sugar Bowl in Atlanta
WVU does not stand a chance in the Orange Bowl.

Yes ESPN hates WVU. Tell us something new.

I'm surprised people are wasting their time watching ESPN. They're awful. Ignore them. Other than when I watch a game on their network, I never watch ESPN. And I get rid of it after each football season. And I'm trying to think of a way to get rid of it during football season too but it's hard because they have a monopoly on lots of games.

I don't watch them, I don't go to their website, I don't listen to their radio shows, etc. Cavaet: Now and then I do watch for a few minutes just to check to see if they've changed because I don't want to rail against something I literally never watch because then if they changed I wouldn't know it. But ESPN hasn't changed.

Even their game coverage is lousy, although since they're the only network showing the game I want to see I watch anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: locustwv
People in this country are told how to think.
This is what mainstream media has done wrong from the beginning of time.
Not to get political but this is why Russian operatives in this country can cause so much damage. They have 20-30% of this country saying John McCain was a fraud.

To get back to football it is the same thing. Mainstream media since the beginning of time has formulated our opinions as sports fans.
Wisconsin is a perfect example.
This year they are telling you that Wisconsin is great and promoting them but last year they didn't want Wisconsin anywhere near the playoffs.

Not saying turn ESPN off.
Question everything they say because then you see their true motives are.
Profit. Selling a product.
This product can be WV. If WV captures the national attention they can become Wisconsin.

Can you blame anyone for that opinion? Until we show that our defense has gone from bad to average or better we don't deserve that type of consideration.

Offensively we have two first team all Americans that shows plenty of respect

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT