ADVERTISEMENT

Esa is going to be a very memorable player in WVU lore...

CAJUNEER

All-American
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
before he leaves here. Reminds me of a more athletic Darryl Prue.

Prue was a lot more athletic then you would think. He look like he was loafing and the next thing you know he had a steal and a dunk. He was smooth with no wasted movement. I also think Esa will have a great career here. Sure will be fun to watch him develop.

Prue was a lot more athletic then you would think. He look like he was loafing and the next thing you know he had a steal and a dunk. He was smooth with no wasted movement. I also think Esa will have a great career here. Sure will be fun to watch him develop.

He kind of reminds me of one of my favorites....PG Greene.

Still making a lot of freshman mistakes while learning Huggs system. He is improving and will definitely get better. It's good to see him continue to get quality playing time. By March, he should be making major contributions to the team.

I would have thought the Oak Hill product that would have made the greatest impact was Tracey Shelton. But PG turned out to be better. Shelton was alway hurt. But he was crazy athletic.

I would have thought the Oak Hill product that would have made the greatest impact was Tracey Shelton. But PG turned out to be better. Shelton was alway hurt. But he was crazy athletic.

Shelton was great, when he was 100% or close to it. But PG Greene will always be my favorite (Da'Sean Butler may be a tie for that spot). Greene busted his but on offense and defense. I loved watching him play.

What can Esa do that makes you think he will be better than average(like Prue)? Is it his ability to shoot a great jumper? Is it his ability to take his man off the dribble? Is it his ability to slash and attack the rim? I'm only asking because to this point in his career, I've seen little offensive ability.....Is Huggins holding him back and not letting him create? He may improve....here's hoping......

What can Esa do that makes you think he will be better than average(like Prue)? Is it his ability to shoot a great jumper? Is it his ability to take his man off the dribble? Is it his ability to slash and attack the rim? I'm only asking because to this point in his career, I've seen little offensive ability.....Is Huggins holding him back and not letting him create? He may improve....here's hoping......
I look at his athleticism combined with size plus his game-to-game improvements. His upside seems to be pretty big and the evidence on the court suggests he's working hard.

Darryl Prue was great, but his FT percentage was only about 40%.

I think Esa will be a terrific player for us. His emphatic just before the half of he eku game is a sign of things to come.

Lgm!

I liked Prue, but his vertical jump couldn't have been much more that 12 inches..

The Cat used to keep Chris Brooks in the game when he was a 43% free throw shooter..he was one of the most physical players I can remember,but he just couldn't shoot a freaking basketball..why leave him in the game late? why Coach? why?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT