ADVERTISEMENT

" economics dictate it should be in Morgantown

Tonycried

All-American
Aug 6, 2004
every year". Is Gee tying his bow ties too tight and chocking off oxygen to his brain? Both venues would be sold out for this tilt, can't see any great financial difference in Huntington or Morgantown! The WVU cash haul from games in Huntington are clearily not as much as an issue, as were the beat downs the Mounties absorbed in the Henderson Center. I always kind of liked Gee but spewing this disingenuous bullshit is beneath him.

every year". Is Gee tying his bow ties too tight and chocking off oxygen to his brain? Both venues would be sold out for this tilt, can't see any great financial difference in Huntington or Morgantown! The WVU cash haul from games in Huntington are clearily not as much as an issue, as were the beat downs the Mounties absorbed in the Henderson Center. I always kind of liked Gee but spewing this disingenuous bullshit is beneath him.

When your athletics departments are self-sustaining, you have to be concerned with these things. When you are just going to leech from the state anyway, you don't have to think about these things.

When your athletics departments are self-sustaining, you have to be concerned with these things. When you are just going to leech from the state anyway, you don't have to think about these things.
Why not just come out and say, " We don't want to play in Huntington, we feel like we have too much to lose"....instead of just insulting the state's intelligence!

Why not just come out and say, " We don't want to play in Huntington, we feel like we have too much to lose"....instead of just insulting the state's intelligence!

The game is a win-win for Marshall and a lose-lose for us.
We beat you by 18 and dropped 2 points in the polls.

So, you agree the game isn't good for you either ... case closed.
I agree that at the the end of the day it's just a game! Nothing more , nothing less and certainly not a test of Machiavellian prowess. We both have to play somebody in December ...why not play each other in a game that most people in the state want to see?

why not play each other in a game that most people in the state want to see?

I'm sure this game wouldn't be an issue if your idiot coaches would keep their mouths shut.

Yes, we both have to play somebody in December, but we can play somebody else in Charleston that will make us more money, give us more respect in the polls, would be better for our RPI at the end of the year, and still get us the same coverage on TV, if not national coverage.

So, what exactly does playing Marshall do for us?

I'm sure this game wouldn't be an issue if your idiot coaches would keep their mouths shut.

Yes, we both have to play somebody in December, but we can play somebody else in Charleston that will make us more money, give us more respect in the polls, would be better for our RPI at the end of the year, and still get us the same coverage on TV, if not national coverage.

So, what exactly does playing Marshall do for us?
Wouldn't make you anymore money, perhaps less. Curious who this mystery opponent is that willing to come to Charleston every year?

Wouldn't make you anymore money, perhaps less. Curious who this mystery opponent is that willing to come to Charleston every year?

It doesn't have to be the same opponent every year.

We played JMU there this year, last year was VMI, year before that was William and Mary, two years before that it was Morehead St. etc. etc.

It doesn't have to be the same opponent every year.

We played JMU there this year, last year was VMI, year before that was William and Mary, two years before that it was Morehead St. etc. etc.
So WVU - W & M draws more than WVU-MU in Charleston? Also be curious to see what the ticket price was for WVU- W & M.

So WVU - W & M draws more than WVU-MU in Charleston? Also be curious to see what the ticket price was for WVU- W & M.

Point is ... we can still play a game in Charleston every year without playing Marshall, like we already do. But instead of playing twice down there, the other game is at home, or we could play twice down there.

As long as attendance is at least 50% of the Marshall/WVU game, we are even, anything over that and we are ahead.

Point is ... we can still play a game in Charleston every year without playing Marshall, like we already do. But instead of playing twice down there, the other game is at home, or we could play twice down there.

As long as attendance is at least 50% of the Marshall/WVU game, we are even, anything over that and we are ahead.
You didn't work for Enron did you?

HAHAHAHA!!! You're the best smack talker on the boards Tony. I truly enjoy your wit.
Sounds like something those SOB's would come up with...somehow less was more! I bought in at 78.00 a share , rode it down to 0! But thanks for the compliment, I enjoy your thoughts as well, WhiteTail!

Sounds like something those SOB's would come up with...somehow less was more! I bought in at 78.00 a share , rode it down to 0! But thanks for the compliment, I enjoy your thoughts as well, WhiteTail!

I was gonna explain what I meant ... but your comment was just too good. I had to leave it as the defining comment of the thread.

Well done again. LOL.

I bought into the IPO of a microbrewery when I was younger. The writing was on the wall so I got out of it. I made a couple of bucks, but very very little.

I kept tracking it. The stock kept dropping and dropping, and then they did a 4:1 consolidation of stocks, and then it started really dropping after that.

The last time I looked, my initial investment of $2000 (I think, something like that) would have been worth $25. :)

Believe it or not I've actually been making money off of JCPenney the last couple of years, just riding the wave. I bought at $6 something, sold when it hit $9, then it came back down and I bought again at $7 and sold again at close to $9.

I'm back in it now, but so far it doesn't look like I got the timing right this time. :)

I bought into the IPO of a microbrewery when I was younger. The writing was on the wall so I got out of it. I made a couple of bucks, but very very little.

I kept tracking it. The stock kept dropping and dropping, and then they did a 4:1 consolidation of stocks, and then it started really dropping after that.

The last time I looked, my initial investment of $2000 (I think, something like that) would have been worth $25. :)

Believe it or not I've actually been making money off of JCPenney the last couple of years, just riding the wave. I bought at $6 something, sold when it hit $9, then it came back down and I bought again at $7 and sold again at close to $9.

I'm back in it now, but so far it doesn't look like I got the timing right this time. :)
That stock seems to have weathered the storm after a horrible CEO tried to change to core nature of the store. I don't like retail right now but right now everything seems to be toxic.

That stock seems to have weathered the storm after a horrible CEO tried to change to core nature of the store. I don't like retail right now but right now everything seems to be toxic.

Yeah, what caught my eye originally was a story that they didn't LOSE nearly as much as they were expected to LOSE in a quarter ... so I jumped on it and the stock started rising. This was actually after they had gotten rid of Johnson already. I had nothing to do with them as it plummeted, but have made a little bit with it bouncing around on the floor.

They are actually starting to come around, so this was a shot at a potential longer play, but I'll take advantage in the short term if the option presents itself.

Mostly I just do mutual funds ... and then have a little set aside to play with individual stocks.

Yeah, what caught my eye originally was a story that they didn't LOSE nearly as much as they were expected to LOSE in a quarter ... so I jumped on it and the stock started rising. This was actually after they had gotten rid of Johnson already. I had nothing to do with them as it plummeted, but have made a little bit with it bouncing around on the floor.

They are actually starting to come around, so this was a shot at a potential longer play, but I'll take advantage in the short term if the option presents itself.

Mostly I just do mutual funds ... and then have a little set aside to play with individual stocks.
I don't like the tax consequences of Mutual Funds but if you don't have time to follow individual stocks not a bad way to make money on a rising market.

I don't like the tax consequences of Mutual Funds but if you don't have time to follow individual stocks not a bad way to make money on a rising market.

The majority of this is in my Roth IRA, so I don't have the tax consequences. I have a 401k and a Roth IRA, and then I also have an individual investment account, but the majority is in the retirement accounts and I don't suffer the tax hits.

The individual investment account is mostly for vacations, so I'm setting money aside but also getting a return on it while saving.

The majority of this is in my Roth IRA, so I don't have the tax consequences. I have a 401k and a Roth IRA, and then I also have an individual investment account, but the majority is in the retirement accounts and I don't suffer the tax hits.

The individual investment account is mostly for vacations, so I'm setting money aside but also getting a return on it while saving.
Smart!

Warren Buffet says that the average investor will do better investing in just index funds over the long run than those that trade individual stocks.

I still like to play around a little though. :)
You can always but Warren's Berkshire Hathaway which acts almost like a mutual fund...the Oracle is one of my favorite's!

You can always but Warren's Berkshire Hathaway which acts almost like a mutual fund...the Oracle is one of my favorite's!

He's awesome. When you read about how he treats people and his employees and everything. Seems like a genuinely good guy.

I have thought about buying Berkshire Hathaway, but I'm just playing with individual stocks. I'm not buying long on things like that and Coke and the others, although they are in the holdings of a couple funds I have focused on dividend returns.

JCP is tanking ... LOL ... looks like I'll be holding that one for a while. :)

He's awesome. When you read about how he treats people and his employees and everything. Seems like a genuinely good guy.

I have thought about buying Berkshire Hathaway, but I'm just playing with individual stocks. I'm not buying long on things like that and Coke and the others, although they are in the holdings of a couple funds I have focused on dividend returns.

JCP is tanking ... LOL ... looks like I'll be holding that one for a while. :)
Berkshire A level shares are so damn expensive, tough to buy! I see some of the young guns desparidge Warren's buy and hold philosophy but I tend to think he'll still be here when they've moved on the selling pencils!

Berkshire A level shares are so damn expensive, tough to buy! I see some of the young guns desparidge Warren's buy and hold philosophy but I tend to think he'll still be here when they've moved on the selling pencils!

Yes, definitely. It's at $189k today, LOL, but it's up $600 from yesterday. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT