ADVERTISEMENT

Duke 28 #9 Clemson 7

Clemson shot themselves in the foot. Reminded me of the Orange Bowl where we killed them. They had 2 fumbles at the 2 yard line, both recovered by Duke. Duke blocked 2 FGs. Other than those, Clemson actually played pretty decent. However, Duke is fast on defense. Everyone has caught up with the speed of Clemson. Going to be interesting in the ACC this year. Heck, it is going to be interesting in the Big 12 this year as well.

What did Dabo's face look like after the game?
He wasn't smiling.

dm_230905_Dabo_on_loss.jpg

"That's the weirdest game I've ever been a part of," Swinney said. "I've been beat. I've had my butt kicked. But that's the strangest game I've ever been a part of."

He obviously forgot the Orange Bowl 70-33

Reactions: locustwv
Clemson shot themselves in the foot. Reminded me of the Orange Bowl where we killed them. They had 2 fumbles at the 2 yard line, both recovered by Duke. Duke blocked 2 FGs. Other than those, Clemson actually played pretty decent. However, Duke is fast on defense. Everyone has caught up with the speed of Clemson. Going to be interesting in the ACC this year. Heck, it is going to be interesting in the Big 12 this year as well.
What? No credit to Duke defense for a job well done on forcing the turnovers?

Reactions: WVU-SE
I was stunned when I saw that score this morning.

I was shocked by how badly Clemson lost. I thought Duke had a shot because Clemson is getting a lot of name recognition credit in their ranking and Duke has been slowly becoming a more competent FB program over the last decade. I figured Duke would keep it close, but blow it at the end. But like with TCU and CU, how much of it is Clemson being worse than I thought versus Duke being better than I thought.

I was shocked by how badly Clemson lost. I thought Duke had a shot because Clemson is getting a lot of name recognition credit in their ranking and Duke has been slowly becoming a more competent FB program over the last decade. I figured Duke would keep it close, but blow it at the end. But like with TCU and CU, how much of it is Clemson being worse than I thought versus Duke being better than I thought.
Clemson can't make the claim of looking ahead. Next is Charleston Southern.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT