ADVERTISEMENT

Duece McBride chosen as one of the nation's top freshman

WVUALLEN

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Aug 5, 2009
https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...act-college-basketball-in-the-2019-20-season/

Miles McBride, West Virginia
McBride's list of power conference offers consisted of one school, according to 247Sports. It was West Virginia, and McBride rewarded coach Bob Huggins' belief in him by providing the Mountaineers with stellar play off the bench as a freshman. The 6-2 guard finished the season averaging 9.5 points and 1.1 steals per game. It might be too early to proclaim him the next Jevon Carter, but McBride certainly outplayed his No. 301 overall ranking in the 2019 class. Carter went on to become an all-time great at West Virginia after he was ranked No. 299 in the 2014 class. Carter's career at WVU began in a similar bench role to the one McBride played this season.

WVU Basketball @WVUhoops

From Cincinnati
27a1.png
Morgantown, WV

Meet newcomer Miles McBride! #HailWV

2:04 PM - Jul 18, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

153 people are talking about this

TonyCaridi
@TonyCaridi

Congrats to
@deucemcb11
... he's been chosen as one of the nation's top freshman to exceed expectations
@CBSSports
@WVUhoops

Ten freshmen who exceeded their expectations to impact college basketball in the 2019-20 season
These 10 players defied their modest recruiting rankings to impact college basketball this season
cbssports.com

Lmao. Hilarious. 40 percent cant dribble with both hands, run the offense at all, or guard ANYBODY off the dribble. Yeah you're right, an ARTICLE disproves EVERYTHING that was so blatantly obvious to watch. This team fell apart more as his minutes went up, but ok get your jollies off, same people that were quiet for 5 to 6 weeks at a time waiting for him to do ANYTHING right to be able to talk shit. Hes not even a top 100 freshman in this country, just the Huggs and others know his daddy hype machine, and wonder why we collapsed

And for the record dumbasses, it doesn't say one of the nation's top freshmen, my god you people are either ignorant or dumb or both, it says exceeded expectations, their expectations for him were he woildnt even play. He had one even decent offer, and for a reason so expectations were zero minutes, they just didnt include in people around the program being friends with his daddy. He will be not an anchor, a hole in the middle of the boat for 3 more years. This team has ZERO chance of a big 12 title or final 4 run unless he suffers an extended injury. And that is fact. He plays 25 minutes plus a game, and we'll be praying to not have to play a play in game in the big 12 tournament. My god he is so bad and has an even worse attitude and ego, but go ahead, praise sub mediocre play asshats

And anybody that compares him to Carte . In ANY way, needs to go isolate themselves for a few years or until they're finally completely brain dead, just omg that's so ridiculous Its pathetic that it's even said and needs to be called out my god

I ain't mad I'm laughing my ass off. An article says a guy outplayed a 301 that THREE HUNDRED AND ONE ranking of freshmen, which can be done by simply seeing the court, and these beat off artists go nuts and say it says hes "one of the nation's top freshmen", the fu#k it does. Only thing to be mad about is the next at least 3 years are a complete waste because he will play alot, guard NOBODY and never pass so it's at least 4 years before we have a chance to win ANYTHING. My God we really do have some of the dumbest fans in the world

The title of this thread is a COMPLETE lie, or proof of lack of intelligence or both

It is funny to watch him get mad! Makes me laugh hysterically. You should take this act and put it on TV. We need comedians during this time! [laughing][laughing][laughing][laughing]

I don't get where you say he does not guard anybody.? Many times he was blocking a shot, stealing the ball or knocking it to someone else. It's like you did not watch the game without your hate lens on. And there were several games where 3 or 4 shots would be at the end of the shot clock and he had to take a shot. But your hate for this player, who is on the team by the way, is unreal and totally uncalled for. Grow up and get a life. There is more to this world than basketball and your hate just makes everyone disgusted with you. Point out mistakes and then let it go. Life does not nor ever should have revolved around college basketball or any other sport or entertainment. And developing a hate for specific player cannot make you feel good. Obviously it makes you angry and honestly no one even listens to you any more. Be safe, stay out of the way of this virus and be thankful that if basketball or any sport comes back, you get to cheer for your team and back them up! Not hate on any one at all.

Played better than 301 ranking of freshmen="one of the nation's top freshmen" lmao, only on this board, that's Marshall math and logic at its finest right there

0-0, 2-6, 1-3, 3-10, 2-7, 1-11, 1-4, 3-10, 3-8, 4-11, 4-10, 3-7, 2-9, 1-5, 4-10, 2-7, 2-6, 4-13, 3-8, 1-4, 5-13, 5-13, 3-7. And most of the makes were garbage time layups in big wins. Refuse to take the ball out of bounds, REFUSE to pass and only 9 points a game. WORST defender in division 1 by far got lit up by everybody he played against, cant dribble with both hands and a horrible attitude and ego and constantly put pressure on other players and big men to make up for his defensive deficiencies as he ran his mouth. But ok one of best freshmen in the country, best player on our team, wins games "all by himself", not even in the Baylor game without his 3-7 turnovers fouls and bad defense. You people are brain dead. And then wonder why the country laughs at WV and hates our fans so much. Keep on drinking that flavor of kool aid tards

I don't see a 6-12 anywhere on MuracaTard's list. This is what McBride, a Big 12 all freshman team selection, shot from the field against Ohio State. He was 3-4 from three, and also made 6 of his 8 free throw attempts to score 21 points. No other WVU player scored more than 10 points, so his stellar play was the primary reason that WVU won the game.

And did you go game by game as to how many times he had to take a shot because the offense stalled and he was trying to beat the shot clock! Did you look to see how many times he stopped his man or blocked a shot, poked a shot away! Your hate for McBride makes everyone realize just how ridiculous you are! Leave the kid alone and enjoy watching him and the team grow! If you don’t want to, go back to being a fan of someone else! Your spiel is getting old and people are sick of you!

And did you go game by game as to how many times he had to take a shot because the offense stalled and he was trying to beat the shot clock! Did you look to see how many times he stopped his man or blocked a shot, poked a shot away! Your hate for McBride makes everyone realize just how ridiculous you are! Leave the kid alone and enjoy watching him and the team grow! If you don’t want to, go back to being a fan of someone else! Your spiel is getting old and people are sick of you!

His spiel got old when he posted as wvpride304 as well.

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
I don't see a 6-12 anywhere on MuracaTard's list. This is what McBride, a Big 12 all freshman team selection, shot from the field against Ohio State. He was 3-4 from three, and also made 6 of his 8 free throw attempts to score 21 points. No other WVU player scored more than 10 points, so his stellar play was the primary reason that WVU won the game.
You won’t see that. Pridetard believes all the best players on our team were in staters. Imagine a lineup with Routt, Harler and Knapper. Yep it would go exactly as you think...

Muraca, If you think the kid is such a dog, challenge him to a game of 21 down at the Student Center and see how you do? Hell, I've got a 14 y.o. nephew that plays J.V. ball I'll put up against the loser of that one for pizza.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Muraca, If you think the kid is such a dog, challenge him to a game of 21 down at the Student Center and see how you do? Hell, I've got a 14 y.o. nephew that plays J.V. ball I'll put up against the loser of that one for pizza.
Good thing Murcaca can’t count cuz he ain’t getting many points

Pratt, most men who play pick-up games don't realize how good a kid has to be to get just an invited walk-on offer. That guy is going to make a fool out of a HS pine rider if he keeps running his mouth.

That's why I liked Ed O'Neil in his roll as Al Bundy. He had one good HS
game in the show, but Ed was a solid LB at Youngstown State in the late 60's

Reactions: SeronimusPratt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT