ADVERTISEMENT

Doom is spreading across Kansas.

We're talking Kansas, here. Logically, they shouldn't be good at anything. You just knew there had to be something going on behind the scenes with their basketball team.

Reactions: WVUALLEN
They did fall off for awhile.
The NCAA is saying they have a history of cheating since 1959.
According to some they stopped but Norm Stewart brought it back to the Big 8 so they hired Larry Brown.
The Jackie Sherrill of college basketball. The NCAA has went after poor Larry wherever he has been.

According to KU they invented college basketball because James Nasmith coached there and taught Phog Allen the game who taught Adolph Rupp and Dean Smith the game at KU.
They are crazy for the sport. It is different there than even Indiana or Kentucky.

When you take the sport that serious you are going to win a lot of games and attract a lot of players.

Just some rambling thoughts here, but It is almost like, “Who cares anymore?”

Only the biggest brands are gonna get big time money from entities like shoe companies, and we know ESPN is involved with trying to prop up their brands (See Boston College President publicly stating ESPN told the ACC which schools to raid from the Big East - Pitt & Syracuse). The programs not getting the big shoe deals are not able to compete annually.

I believe most people will eventually be less interested in college sports as they turn ever closer to the pro model. Corporations are influencing the tide so that only the biggest brands will ever have any legitimate shot at a national title.

Fans that truly love their teams that aren’t blue blood programs will begin to redefine what they consider success, or they will lose interest. The network influencers and shoe companies are not going to quit pushing their interests. The ncaa clearly has less and less power to administer policy and enforce rules.

So why bother trying to take down Kansas when there are several other programs out there getting away with it, and no fundamental changes are being put into place to prevent it from happening again and again.

I had a feeling something was up when their longtime S&C coach for basketball left for Texas.
She was pretty loyal to the program and is given as much credit for their run as Bill Self.
They will be back. Won't be long.

giphy.gif

The skeptic in me says, "I'll believe it when I see it", but I also know that when pulled over for speeding, the ol' "everybody does it" defense doesn't mean squat to the state trooper.

It’s ALL political. Selective enforcement.

All the schools operating in the gray area need to be brought down or don’t even bother.

The poster who said this crap may ruin college sports is right.

The same schools will be able to buy the best players over and over again.

Kansas is a flat, windy shithole. Ain't no incentive for that many high-caliber recruits to go to year after year except $$$$.

Of course. It all about the $$$$$.

But let’s not pretend it’s only one school. The problem is some schools seem to be untouchable. They go to great lengths to explain that what was done isn’t “technically” against the rules.

Meanwhile the rest of us know that the “intent” was/is corrupt to its core.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT