ADVERTISEMENT

Doege announced he is transferring.

Everyone understands he was the second best thing about WVU's offense the past 2 seasons right?

So, do we hit the transfer portal or go with with QBs who have done absolutely nothing at the collegiate level? Doege waiting this long to announce that he's transferring really held the program hostage. We didn't have a chance to land a transfer QB until now, and there's really nobody left out there who is even worthy of a scholarship. Might be somebody after spring.

And that's 28 or 29 players, the most in the nation, who have left the program in 2021. Doesn't speak well for HCNB, does it?

Everybody knows HCNB is skippering a sinking ship.

Reactions: Rootmaster
So what does this mean to the QB position? Hope and pray true Freshman is really good I guess. No way Brown feels good that a midget non throwing QB can take him where he needs to go.

Honestly no flame or troll but this program is a dumpster fire.

Last edited:
So what does this mean to the QB position? Hope and pray true Freshman is really good I guess. No way Brown feels good that a midget non throwing QB can take him where he needs to go.

Dumpster fire is a good description. Not sure I've ever seen the program in such disarray in the last 40 years, or maybe more. Brown has one more season, in my opinion, or he's gone, buyout or no buyout. Too bad there isn't a "Lemon Law" for coaches.

Kind of like spitt has been the last 50 years....right?

Reactions: WVUALLEN
Doege announced a little while ago that he is transferring.
I never thought he was coming back. I think Brown wanted to move on from him. The only way he was going to be the starter in 2022 is if he was head and shoulders above the rest.

Zero experience returning at QB. Next to zero chance a freshman with zero experience is going to lead this team to a winning record.

Everyone understands he was the second best thing about WVU's offense the past 2 seasons right?
He was the second best part of one of the worst offenses we have ever had in my lifetime as a WVU fan. Is that really a bragging point?

Which is why it is so puzzling that Kneel wouldn't give anybody else a real shot.

if you believe what was said about Wright and Ryan, I'm guessing Brown was given an ultimatum. Either Doege goes or he goes.

It's addition through subtraction. Doege coming back would have just held back WVU even further than he already has.

if you believe what was said about Wright and Ryan, I'm guessing Brown was given an ultimatum. Either Doege goes or he goes.
I never thought Doege was going to be back. I don't know if Brown was giving an ultimatum but either way he was moving on from him. There were to many holes especially on the Oline this season to have an effect offense.

I think the freshman or crowder wins the job! Someone needs to convince Greene to go to the slot Ala Tavon! The offensive line needs to get a better coach and the team needs to hang on to each of the defenders we have!

Last edited:
Reactions: Longbomb1
I'm going to slip a little info in here...

If you've taken a look at the two-deep at the WR position from the start of the year, when all is said and done, half of them are or will be gone to the portal by the end of next week.

About 4 out of 8.

This group is pissed! There are several kids who feel they have NFL potential but what they lack is a QB who can get them the ball. Several have felt this all year, some have recently just blown up about it because of the bowl game. Look at the Spitt situation. They had a WR who won the Biletnikoff Trophy. Was he the best WR in the country talent-wise? Of course not! But look what a good QB can do - make a decent WR into a trophy winner and draft pick.

Folks on the team have felt this all year - the QB has been holding this team back. The WR room has just been the most vocal (and fed up) about it but, across the board, that "feeling" has been there and metastasized all year.

Doege announcing he wasn't coming back isn't a coincidence or a matter of timing. I'll just leave it at that. Been waiting for an article from one of our sportswriters about this for weeks now but it's been nothing but sunshine and rainbows from them. Now that the season is over maybe they'll deliver on some solid journalism - it's all right there for the taking.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Would rather have an unknown at the position than a known commodity with a ceiling of below average. You’re also not going to see a better QB without putting a help wanted sign in the window first.

If you've taken a look at the two-deep at the WR position from the start of the year, when all is said and done, half of them are or will be gone to the portal by the end of next week.

About 4 out of 8.

This group is pissed! There are several kids who feel they have NFL potential but what they lack is a QB who can get them the ball. Several have felt this all year, some have recently just blown up about it because of the bowl game. Look at the Spitt situation. They had a WR who won the Biletnikoff Trophy. Was he the best WR in the country talent-wise? Of course not! But look what a good QB can do - make a decent WR into a trophy winner and draft pick.

Folks on the team have felt this all year - the QB has been holding this team back. The WR room has just been the most vocal (and fed up) about it but, across the board, that "feeling" has been there and metastasized all year.

Doege announcing he wasn't coming back isn't a coincidence or a matter of timing. I'll just leave it at that. Been waiting for an article from one of our sportswriters about this for weeks now but it's been nothing but sunshine and rainbows from them. Now that the season is over maybe they'll deliver on some solid journalism - it's all right there for the taking.

Exactly what I said a few posts up. Brown knew he had to dump Doege or everyone was leaving and he would get canned.
Expect Brown to fire his OL coach and hire a real OC/QB coach. I'd love for Mark Whipple to get a chance here.

Zero experience returning at QB. Next to zero chance a freshman with zero experience is going to lead this team to a winning record.
Freshman QB leads teams to success at many programs. Pat White for example? Granted it's rare at a school like WVU.

But first the guys up front need fixed. New OL coach would help. Get rid of the 2 or 3 man OC plan hire 1 and Brown just be an organizer. Get a new WR coach.

Tell Brown win or you're gone.

About 4 out of 8.

Have you heard this from someone close to the program? No need to expound, just 'yes' or 'no.' I'm curious and will take your word on it.

More than 25 percent of the team from last Jan. 1 is gone. Nobody believes in HCNB. This is a sinking sink. A lost cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT