ADVERTISEMENT

Doctors? Why can't guy play with coronavirus?

OP is silly and maybe baiting. A pandemic is FAR different than the flu or a cold. And OP knows it. But just stirring the shit to smell the stink. Bored waiting for WVU football, I guess.

Reactions: LAMountaineer
Covid19 is a virus. The different strains of flu are all Virii, some belonging to the coronavirus family. Most years, the flu shot is not more than 30% effective, so there is no guarantee that a covid19 vaccine will be effective, especially once the virus mutates. Antivirals can be used to treat flu, but are only effective in the early stages of the disease. Thinking a vaccine is some kind of magic bullet for covid19 is a fantasy. By the time a vaccine arrives, covid19 will be yesterday's news, mostly because the election will be over. I hate the lockdown and mask crap, but it's about the only thing that will keep the infection rate down, but we can''t do it forever. Heard today that 48% of the new case in West Virginia were in people under 25 and were thought to originate in Myrtle Beach vacations...I'm shocked!

Covid19 is a virus. The different strains of flu are all Virii, some belonging to the coronavirus family. Most years, the flu shot is not more than 30% effective, so there is no guarantee that a covid19 vaccine will be effective, especially once the virus mutates. Antivirals can be used to treat flu, but are only effective in the early stages of the disease. Thinking a vaccine is some kind of magic bullet for covid19 is a fantasy. By the time a vaccine arrives, covid19 will be yesterday's news, mostly because the election will be over. I hate the lockdown and mask crap, but it's about the only thing that will keep the infection rate down, but we can''t do it forever. Heard today that 48% of the new case in West Virginia were in people under 25 and were thought to originate in Myrtle Beach vacations...I'm shocked!

A "virus" with a kill ratio of less than 1%......actually will be around 0.03% once everything is said and done.

To the OP

the Law office of Screwem Goode & Hart will be hoping it happens. They are there to help litigate as much as possible whether it’s needed or not.

Btw that is a real law firm name. I tried to post their trademark but it won’t work for me.

Last edited:
It’s a highly contagious disease for which we have no vaccine and little treatment.

Researchers from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA, have now developed an antibody that stops the virus from attaching to the ACE2 receptor, ultimately preventing infection.

In a paper on the preprint server bioRxiv, the researchers say that healthcare professionals could use the antibody both before and after a person has had exposure to SARS-CoV-2. It could be especially beneficial for people who cannot receive a vaccine for health reasons.

In an effort to trick the virus, the researchers behind the study designed a “decoy” ACE2, which the virus recognizes in the same way it does the real thing. However, it is not attached to cells in the body.

This decoy protein intercepts to neutralize the virus before it can attach to ACE2 on cells and cause infection.

Although scientists have used ACE2 in a soluble form before and it is safe in humans, it generally does not stay in the body for long and cannot reach the lining of the lungs — which is crucial for treating a respiratory virus.

To overcome these problems, the team attached ACE2 to the end of an antibody to increase its stability and transport in the body. They created four different antibodies, each with different mutations, to increase the ability of the drug to bind to the virus, its stability, and its half-life.

All of the antibodies worked against SARS-CoV-2, but one, called MDR504, was particularly effective. The virus bound more tightly to this particular antibody than it does to the natural ACE2 in the body.

This means that the antibody could effectively out compete the ACE2 expressed on bodily cells, preventing the virus from infecting them.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ar...d-prevent-and-treat-covid-19#A-decoy-receptor

To the OP

the Law office of Screwem Goode & Hart will be hoping it happens. They are there to help litigate as much as possible whether it’s needed or not.

Btw that is a real law firm name. I tried to post their trademark but it won’t work for me.
screwem-goode-and-hart-law-firm-lawyer-funny-tshirt300.jpg

Do masks have an impact on spread of coronavirus.

CDC recommends citizens wear N-95 masks every day now.

1. They are in short supply
2. Studies show that these type of masks are causing oxygen level issues with those who wear them for extended times.

CDC.......keeping the unstable stable.

Locust, I agree coronavirus will disappear on November 4.
A couple that’s are friends of my family took a trip to South Carolina a few weeks ago, upon there return they were notified that they were exposed to the coronavirus. They were told to go to nearest testing facility and get tested. They arrived and registered and got in line for the test. After waiting in line for over 30 minutes they decided to leave without getting tested. They received a letter in the mail 5 days later saying both tested positive for the coronavirus. NEVER TESTED!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT