ADVERTISEMENT

Do y'all 'Eers (really) want to expand?

A man who continually tries to redirect a question by asking another has no credibility. Your simple failure to understand that TB is Airborne and not droplet disqualifies any perceived knowledge you may have on this topic
Hahaha you cannot answer it. I knew it. You are a "coward and a liar".

Neither one of these posts are ended with any punctuation.

You should really clean up your adolescent use of the written word if you plan on critiquing others in the future. Yes?

The post was intended to point out that someone who likes to point out grammatical mistakes should at least be free of grammatical errors themselves. Im sure if you had the reading comprehension level of an adolescent you would have at least figured that out. Btw quite a few of your posts have grammatical errors but since I have previously stated that this subject is not really pertinent to a sports message board I don't feel like spending time on it. If you like I will be happy to point them out to you.

Last edited:
The post was intended to point out that someone who likes to point out grammatical mistakes should at least be free of grammatical errors themselves. Im sure if you had the reading comprehension level of an adolescent you would have at least figured that out. Btw quite a few of your posts have grammatical errors but since I have previously stated that this subject is not really pertinent to a sports message board I don't feel like spending time on it. If you like I will be happy to point them out to you.
"Btw" is grammatically incorrect.

Maybe you should ask Dr. Oz to help you answer my questions? Obviously, webmd is failing you.

Well obviously web med failed you along with the CDC when it came to TB and Contact precautions. I guess you didn't know how to use the NFL draft database search function either. Don't worry I am the only person that knows you gave the wrong answer concerning Tb precautions and no one really cares. Everybody knows that you're continually trying to change the subject especially since the number of draft picks that wvu has had since 2013 does nothing but discredit your bogus logic

Well obviously web med failed you along with the CDC when it came to TB and Contact precautions. I guess you didn't know how to use the NFL draft database search function either. Don't worry I am the only person that knows you gave the wrong answer concerning Tb precautions and no one really cares. Everybody knows that you're continually trying to change the subject especially since the number of draft picks that wvu has had since 2013 does nothing but discredit your bogus logic
"bogus logic" should be followed by a period.

"Its" is grammatically incorrect again. "You" is grammatically incorrect. The proper usage should be "your". Please use a period to end a sentence.

Thank you for continuing to prove my point. I suggest you take the time to edit your posts if grammar is important to you. I would gladly do it for you but I don't have the 20 years that it would take to accomplish this. I am still wondering what happened to your 46.

Thank you for continuing to prove my point. I suggest you take the time to edit your posts if grammar is important to you. I would gladly do it for you but I don't have the 20 years that it would take to accomplish this. I am still wondering what happened to your 46.
Please add a question mark after "46".

I think its easier for you to understand without it

I now see why they call you Bend over Bobby

Random capitalization of words is a indicative of one with an inferiority complex being superimposed by a superiority complex. Alfred Adler would have used you as a case study for his life's work. Its a classic defense mechanism.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePunish-EER
Please add a question mark after "46".

Mr. P, I am not taking sides in this battle. However, I have been a copy editor much longer than I was a writer. "I am still wondering what happened to your 46" is a statement, not a question. It's very hard to copy edit your own writing without walking away from it for a minute. Your brain tends to recognize what you meant to say instead of what you actually wrote. Please excuse my interruption.

Bobby, you're worrying me. I may have underestimated you. I'm not disagreeing with your assessment, but even the esteemed neurologist Dr. Sigmond Freud admitted, "Sometimes a cigar is merely a cigar."

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
Mr. P, I am not taking sides in this battle. However, I have been a copy editor much longer than I was a writer. "I am still wondering what happened to your 46" is a statement, not a question. It's very hard to copy edit your own writing without walking away from it for a minute. Your brain tends to recognize what you meant to say instead of what you actually wrote. Please excuse my interruption.

Bobby, you're worrying me. I may have underestimated you. I'm not disagreeing with your assessment, but even the esteemed neurologist Dr. Sigmond Freud admitted, "Sometimes a cigar is merely a cigar."

Ha, I knew you were a Lewinsky fan. Me too! :wink:

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
In all honesty, only the presidents, chancellors and A Ds of the Big 12. As Yogi Berra may have put it, "They're not talkin', 'cause they're too busy talkin'!"

Texas is greedy, than ran off the old Big12 members and OU has a foot out the door. The Big 12 will fold unless Texas turns the Longhorn network into the big 12 and without getting the lions share like they want and expect.

Its really down to that.

Why don't you two jugheads just stop it! Besides.............my diddy can whip your diddy!

Im older than dirt but the one thing I can honestly say is civility has gone out the window in the time Ive spent on this planet. You shouldn't be surprised though they don't act any differently then people who run for president these days so it might be that you and me are the one's behind the times

Reactions: BobbyBoucheer
Just because Cinci is located in an area with a lot of television sets doesn't necessarily mean the people owning all those TV's want to watch Cinci play anybody does it?

Getting back to the original question on expansion. I would hope in the future that we would add teams that are closure to us in proximity. Iowa state is our closest competitor and that is 900 miles away. I have been fortunate enough to visit all the Big 12 venues but as a retiree I have time on my hands. It would be nice for the die hard Mountie fans that don't to be able to make a weekend trip that doesn't require visiting your local airport.. Whatever the answer is concerning expansion you won't find it debating grammar and questioning each others professional competencies.

Just because Cinci is located in an area with a lot of television sets doesn't necessarily mean the people owning all those TV's want to watch Cinci play anybody does it?

It does not and there is no way to accurately predict the future. However the best gauge of future events lies in the past. What was the viewership when Cincy or anyone else played a major opponent in the past on national or regional TV? I would imagine the consultants for the Big 12 took that into consideration.

I don't know about Cincy or UCF, but I do know the last time USF hosted WVU the attendance was 65,000. All of this information as well as other study results will come out in the future.

Texas is greedy, than ran off the old Big12 members and OU has a foot out the door. The Big 12 will fold unless Texas turns the Longhorn network into the big 12 and without getting the lions share like they want and expect.

Its really down to that.

Your prediction may be correct, Bobby. But WVU's athletic budget is now over $90 million with a $4 million surplus. They finally get a full share of conference money this coming payout. The Big 12 could indeed fold, but not for the next nine years.

Getting back to the original question on expansion. I would hope in the future that we would add teams that are closure to us in proximity. Iowa state is our closest competitor and that is 900 miles away. I have been fortunate enough to visit all the Big 12 venues but as a retiree I have time on my hands. It would be nice for the die hard Mountie fans that don't to be able to make a weekend trip that doesn't require visiting your local airport.. Whatever the answer is concerning expansion you won't find it debating grammar and questioning each others professional competencies.

Welcome to the board you oldgeezeer..........

Reactions: michaelwalkerbr
To actually answer the OPs question: Yes. I could care less about "Round Robin" and I think there are 4-5 schools out there who given Big12 revenue would grow into legitimate P5 caliber programs. I get a kick outta WVU fans who claim teams like Cincinnati and UCF or Memphis would "water down" the Big12. Remember the Big12 gave WVU a chance once also and I'm sure fans of Texas and Oklahoma thought WVU brought nothing to the Big12.

To actually answer the OPs question: Yes. I could care less about "Round Robin" and I think there are 4-5 schools out there who given Big12 revenue would grow into legitimate P5 caliber programs. I get a kick outta WVU fans who claim teams like Cincinnati and UCF or Memphis would "water down" the Big12. Remember the Big12 gave WVU a chance once also and I'm sure fans of Texas and Oklahoma thought WVU brought nothing to the Big12.
You really just compared WVU to those garbage programs (Cinci, UCF, Memphis)? Wow. Lmao!

Amen.

Certainly doesn't mean they don't-or won't---AND a cable tv network isn't dependent on viewers--people aren't watching the SEC network or BTN in great numbers--but subscribers are paying those conferences anyway just for having cable when the providers take some of that money and give it to those conferences.

No reason the BIG 12 shouldn't take advantage of that while people still subscribe to cable. And that will be far longer than a decade from now in large numbers from cable industry projections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT