ADVERTISEMENT

Do the Players and Coaches

BigEer

All-Conference
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
read these boards or are they off limits to the players. They better have a thick skin if they do read them. Hopefully, none of the parents read some of the comments here.

read these boards or are they off limits to the players. They better have a thick skin if they do read them. Hopefully, none of the parents read some of the comments here.
Players, coaches and their families have long been members of the site. I talk with them occasionally when they want to vent about what they read but for the most part they handle it well.

So, fans are supposed to be "nicey nice" and not offend the delicate fabrics making up today's athlete and coach...and goodness...their extended families? Just want to get it right. Of course, we could eliminate playing in front of crowds, keeping score and all media coverage. With those steps and participation trophies for all then no one would feel "hurt."

So, fans are supposed to be "nicey nice" and not offend the delicate fabrics making up today's athlete and coach...and goodness...their extended families? Just want to get it right. Of course, we could eliminate playing in front of crowds, keeping score and all media coverage. With those steps and participation trophies for all then no one would feel "hurt."
Complaining is one thing, but being dicks to kids playing for our school is another!

And how would you feel is you had a son or daughter playing for WVU and coming on this site finding them being trashed by weekend warriors and Monday morning quarterbacks?

They aren't pros.

I was also waiting for these responses....read a bit better with a little more comprehension...didn't say we as fans should "trash" players. However, the nature of sports demands a response when issues dictate. It is why Huggs says some of the things he says. If these kids only want to be head patted by the kissy kissy crowd then perhaps they should not be getting six figure free education in return for effort, team identity, and achievement. Some WVU fans seem to enjoy being middle of the pack.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
You said so fans are suppose to be 'nicey-nice"...so what is the opposite of that? It means coming on a message board and not being nice? Trashing them? Whatever word you want to use. Why get caught up in the semantics of it all. We all know what you were implying.

Using Huggs is apples and oranges. He is the coach. Not some blowhard keyboard warrior. Surely you understand that.

It has nothing to do with the extreme of 'being patted on the head'. It has to do with someone's kid not being attacked on a random message board because he didn't block out properly.

It's a shame you can't differentiate between the two.

fanforever...I recognize that you feel the reason for sport is purely for your "viewing" entertainment. that worked well in your tee-ball career so it should work well now, right? Glad you were never a teammate of mine lol! Please put down your "Equality for all" placard.

Reactions: ColoradoMountaineer
I was also waiting for these responses....read a bit better with a little more comprehension...didn't say we as fans should "trash" players. However, the nature of sports demands a response when issues dictate. It is why Huggs says some of the things he says. If these kids only want to be head patted by the kissy kissy crowd then perhaps they should not be getting six figure free education in return for effort, team identity, and achievement. Some WVU fans seem to enjoy being middle of the pack.
I don’t recall saying that you said that, but I’ve read numerous posts doing this. All I’m saying is grown men acting like some of us do, towards college kids is a bit ridiculous.

Reactions: DoogEER
fanforever...I recognize that you feel the reason for sport is purely for your "viewing" entertainment. that worked well in your tee-ball career so it should work well now, right? Glad you were never a teammate of mine lol! Please put down your "Equality for all" placard.
LMAO...just the response I expected from you. Couldn't have been more predictable.

And you talk about my reading comprehension? Laughable.

Forget about being your t-ball teammate...just glad you weren't my father. You were probably the guy yelling at his son for hitting into that double play and living through him.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoogEER
Why do you post such stupid stuff?

I read this board everyday and , aside from the usual trolls, most of whom don't appear to be real WV fans, I've honestly seen very little trashing of players. Certainly not of a personal nature. If fans don't have liberty to express themselves why even play the games, unless you want to play them in an empty, locked arena with no tv coverage?

fanforever...did you ever hit the ball off the tee? lol
Look at the two goofs who liked your post is all you need to know.

I actually had 17 home runs in T-Ball. We didn't have a fence though...you hit it into the road, it was all four bases. You would have been impressed.

My parents got me a trophy for everyone I hit.

Reactions: MntnEERinSC

That's why the team is so soft.

Oh verses woe is me, the worlds going to end or everything about WVU sucks. OK then. LOL
Hey stills what's wrong with being critical of mediocre results. You claim to not to be happy with it but you always get defensive when someone else voices their displeasure. Most of the criticism is directed towards the coaching staffs.These people are only payed 6 and 7 figure salaries. The complaints voiced on here are no different then any other univeristy or pro organization. Maybe you should spend more time being original instead of stalking every poster who gets your panties in a twitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: tOSUGrad90
Look at the two goofs who liked your post is all you need to know.

I actually had 17 home runs in T-Ball. We didn't have a fence though...you hit it into the road, it was all four bases. You would have been impressed.

My parents got me a trophy for everyone I hit.
Only a goof would be naive enough to think that the criticism expressed on this board is only exclusive to wvu atheletics.

Hey stills what's wrong with being critical of mediocre results. You claim to not to be happy with it but you always get defensive when someone else voices their displeasure. Most of the criticism is directed towards the coaching staffs.These people are only payed 6 and 7 figure salaries. The complaints voiced on here are no different then any other univeristy or pro organization. Maybe you should spend more time being original instead of stalking every poster who gets your panties in a twitch.
Yep everyone should aspire to be more like the board originals you and root. Think about the power of all that negative energy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT